4 drives ended by dropped passes

Alphadawg7

Plenty of other factors from injuries to horrific refs that contributed to this loss, but we had 4 drives ended by dropped passes and that’s all in our control.  Would have been 5 too but a penalty negated the play.  

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  Milano and Daquan get a pass as they were hurt.

But the dropped passes in a game where refs were working against us were just killers.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  

It may feel that way to you, but it's dishonest crediting Diggs with showing up but not Davis.  Their contributions were nearly identical except the Davis didn't commit a key TO.

Man, the Davis hate/bias is strong here. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Plenty of other factors from injuries to horrific refs that contributed to this loss, but we had 4 drives ended by dropped passes and that’s all in our control.  Would have been 5 too but a penalty negated the play.  

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  Milano and Daquan get a pass as they were hurt.

But the dropped passes in a game where refs were working against us were just killers.

Kincaid also dropped a ball.  We had a holding penalty, so it didn't matter, but still.  WTF do we drop catchable balls when we play the Jagoffs?  We should have run them off the pitch today.

It’s sucks 4 passes were dropped. 
it happens.  Sometimes it’s a lot.  Sometimes it’s one or two. Sometimes it’s the wr.  Sometimes it’s the throw. 

And sometimes drops are rare (see: 48 pts).  

and drops happen to all teams.  

It’s more normal than you think and doesn’t mean gut everyone.  Dropped balls are part of the game.  No wr catches 100%. 

gonna go root for our farm team against the dolphins. 

Edited by Blackbeard

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t recall a Diggs drop…

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes on penalties. Also Josh was off. And the Jags D is good.

Just now, mannc said:

I don’t recall a Diggs drop…

He did have one go through his hands on the sideline. And he had a catch taken from him hands.

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately Diggs getting the ball ripped out of his hands by a 5'9 CB was the most impactful of them all. I would say bare minimum all of the drops together took at the very least 10 points off the board, and forced a banged up defense to keep coming back on the field. Make no mistake - the Bills skill position players lost this game.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It may feel that way to you, but it's dishonest crediting Diggs with showing up but not Davis.  Their contributions were nearly identical except the Davis didn't commit a key TO.

Man, the Davis hate/bias is strong here. 

Dishonest?  Davis had a momentum and drive killing drop for what have been a first down.  Then he did it again, except the stat sheet won’t show it because a penalty eliminated the play.  

So, I wouldn’t put his game in the same category as Diggs, both his drops were bad.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Penalties sucked and they sure were called against the Bills. Hard to imagine that Jags played "so disciplined"  

Oh man, I usually try to say very little about flags/penalties, but today was egregious. I felt like turning my tv off. Anytime we had a momentum play, a flag(or 4) flew down and killed it. It was disgusting.

I promise ANY fan of any team would feel this way if it was their team this happened to. I am not blaming the flags alone for our loss, but my god, they played a significat role.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He overthrew Knox twice. Davis once. He missed Cook on the flat. 

He also had 5 dropped passes and a deep one wrestled away from Diggs.  Allen was the only reason we still had a shot in this game.  The OL stunk and so did the refs too.  

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How was Josh off?  His first 4 incompletions were 3 drops and a throw away when OL got blown up.  

His underthrow to Diggs on that deep shot was a guaranteed TD and cost them 7 points as they ended up punting on that drive. The key play in the game and it essentially cost them the win. Allen was not good today until it was too late.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.