Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

No I'm not Scott. The Bills offense had scored 7 points halfway through the 4th quarter. It's not like the Jags D is the 49erD. They are average at best. 

Allen had plenty of opportunities to run and get some big chunk yards. He could have made some better throws. The Cook drop was a hot pass with poor touch. He's check downs weren't very effective for 3.5 quarters. Anything he did was ineffective. 

Is it all on Allen? No no and no. Dorsey sucked, the run game sucked, dropped passes, oline sucked, and Allen was decent, nothing special, and outplayed by Lawrence. 

Allen woke up with 7 minutes to go in the game. Brock Purdy looks better than any QB in the league. He's the MVP of the league. 

Disagree on Purdy. I think there's 15+ QBs in the league that would look at least as good as him if they were playing on the 49ers. Ridiculously good O-line, play-calling, and play-makers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Of course, I agree. But changing our scheme to match the level of talent must be done to ensure the best possibility of contention for those that are thrust into positions of play.

How this staff thought we had a capable backup in Williams blows my mind. Maybe he will get there but the dude was LOST. 

These players are drafted and signed because they are supposed to be scheme fits so when one guy goes down, the next guy steps right in. You don't change an entire scheme to accommodate a few players. They ran the same defensive scheme because these guys are supposed to have a smooth transition but the players aren't as good. That's the problem. And there are 4 of them out there. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

These players are drafted and signed because they are supposed to be scheme fits so when one guy goes down, the next guy steps right in. You don't change an entire scheme to accommodate a few players. They ran the same defensive scheme because these guys are supposed to have a smooth transition but the players aren't as good. That's the problem. And there are 4 of them out there. 

i think i would like to agree but just cannot because of what Elam was and is and how Dorian Williams was a round 3 project who played middle linebacker at a small school coming in to play will in a demanding scheme, with intensive activity required on him.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

i think i would like to agree but just cannot because of what Elam was and is and how Dorian Williams was a round 3 project who played middle linebacker at a small school coming in to play will in a demanding scheme, with intensive activity required on him.

Elam is bad player. But this is the scheme he's supposed to fit in. That's why he was drafted. You don't sign or draft players for a 3-4 system when you run a 4-3 and then when multiple guys go down that excel in the 4-3 system put in 3-4 scheme players and then say "we didn't adjust to a 3-4". It doesn't make sense. These players practice all week in one system. Having to learn a completely separate system because of injuries don't make any sense and there isn'tany time. Especially making a trip to another country. You just plug in the next best players in the same system. Unfortunately, Elam is not good and as good as Williams may be, he isn't Milano. Tim Settle isn't Daquon Jones. Dane Jackson isn't Benford. That all makes a difference 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The only reliable,special, and elite guys on the Bills offense are Allen and Diggs. That's really problematic because the Bills lack explosive weapons. 

I guess we will disagree to disagree. I watched the replays and I still think Allen's passes were not accurate. Granted he did have a defender in his face on one of them. Perhaps my expectations of Allen are too high. I want my elite QB to put the out where his receivers can catch and run to the endzone. That includes bombs to open WRs. 

I agree with the first part. Allen and Diggs are our offense with an occasional but inconsistent Davis.  However I think Dorsey has a pretty crap offense.  It doesn't help.

The difference between last week and this week is that our running game worked last week.  We stayed ahead of the sticks. This week our running game was terrible, we were always behind the sticks, guys on 3rd down either dropped the pass or didn't get to the first down marker.  Our oline was not that great either this week.  Sidenote: I would love a replay of the Kincaid 3rd down.  To me it looked like he got there but they never showed the replay.

Your expectations are too high IMO.  Yes, some of Josh pass could be better but no QB throws perfect passes on every pass.  Especially bombs. Josh had a good game. It wasn't a superman game but it was a good game. It was not the Jets like game.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Disagree on Purdy. I think there's 15+ QBs in the league that would look at least as good as him if they were playing on the 49ers. Ridiculously good O-line, play-calling, and play-makers. 

I agree but you have to recognize Purdy's accomplishments. He shouldn't be punished for the above mentioned. 

Based on your metrics mentioned which QB would be an MVP? Does that take Burrow, Chase, and Hurts out of the running? 

What about Mahomes when he had Hill, Kelce, a great oline, and Andy Reid s play calling? 

See my point? Purdy is absolutely in the MVP discussion in my mind. Fortunately, it's a big name popularity contest often and Purdy doesn't fit the bill.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree with the first part. Allen and Diggs are our offense with an occasional but inconsistent Davis.  However I think Dorsey has a pretty crap offense.  It doesn't help.

The difference between last week and this week is that our running game worked last week.  We stayed ahead of the sticks. This week our running game was terrible, we were always behind the sticks, guys on 3rd down either dropped the pass or didn't get to the first down marker.  Our oline was not that great either this week.  Sidenote: I would love a replay of the Kincaid 3rd down.  To me it looked like he got there but they never showed the replay.

Your expectations are too high IMO.  Yes, some of Josh pass could be better but no QB throws perfect passes on every pass.  Especially bombs. Josh had a good game. It wasn't a superman game but it was a good game. It was not the Jets like game.

Great reasonable post Scott. I always enjoy our banter even if we disagree. Your responses are always welcomed. 

I might add that 1st down production has been poor for Buffalo. It doesn't help when you are consistently in longer 2nd and 3rd down situations. I'm not smart enough to know why this is happening nor do I have a solution. I suspect it has to do with Dorsey's vanilla and uncreative play calling. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Great reasonable post Scott. I always enjoy our banter even if we disagree. Your responses are always welcomed. 

I might add that 1st down production has been poor for Buffalo. It doesn't help when you are consistently in longer 2nd and 3rd down situations. I'm not smart enough to know why this is happening nor do I have a solution. I suspect it has to do with Dorsey's vanilla and uncreative play calling. 

Of course man. Banter is always fun as long as its respectful, which I always try to be.

Yes, it has been terrible.  Josh is always behind the sticks.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Really?

So how many games has Diggs been the only receiver to step up?

He lost a jump ball and not even a 50/50 one as I think the defender made a great play to have the better leverage at the catch point.

Barking up the wrong tree if you think Diggs is not a competitor.

Never said he wasn’t a competitor, I love the guy, just that the game would have changed dramatically if he caught that ball. And yes terrific play by the defender, Diggs was embarrassed for sure. 

4 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Never said he wasn’t a competitor, I love the guy, just that the game would have changed dramatically if he caught that ball. And yes terrific play by the defender, Diggs was embarrassed for sure. 

Fair enough.

8-9 times out of ten I think Diggs wins that.

There were some pus comments that I thought were out of line for how many times that guy has bailed this offense out.

11 hours ago, WideNine said:

Fair enough.

8-9 times out of ten I think Diggs wins that.

There were some pus comments that I thought were out of line for how many times that guy has bailed this offense out.

For sure, that’s why it was so frustrating to see him not come down with it, he always wins those 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:51 PM, newcam2012 said:

I disagree. I've seen him plenty vocal on the sidelines before. I've seen him talking to his oline men and WRs as well. I've seen her m giving encouragement to his players. 

Okay, do you realize you only saw a 10 second clip of him on the sidelines and he very well could have been doing all of that before and after?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Jags vs bills on nfl network right now.

Let's watch it again !!

YOU CAN’T MAKE ME!  

ok, maybe I’ll peek to see what it looked like on TV.   😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 2:58 PM, Mark Vader said:

Bye-bye, bandwagon fan.

calling me a bandwagon fan is wild. it's insane how low the bar is for some bills fans. people like you always willing to accept less. tonight just proved my point, the chiefs will always be better than us because they win close games they don't play well in.

17 minutes ago, juscoo said:

calling me a bandwagon fan is wild. it's insane how low the bar is for some bills fans. people like you always willing to accept less. tonight just proved my point, the chiefs will always be better than us because they win close games they don't play well in.

No they lost against the Lions.

19 minutes ago, juscoo said:

Always?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.