Bills Media Critic Maddy Glab

jethro_tull

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s ALL reporters now. Drives me nuts. 

Have you listened to a McD post game press conference?

Instead of the reporter asking “What did you think of Allen’s play this week”?

They will instead ask “Given his struggles in Week 1, and your comments indicating that he must play better, what do you make of it that Allen had 3 touchdowns today and only 2 incompletions? What does that say about him as a player and competitor and leader?”

I genuinely do not understand why they do it other than to drive me crazy.

The problem is that there's so much reporting on sports these days in the 24-hour news cycles that it's gotten to the point where most of it is just blather and opinions.  They've gotta fill the air time with something. 

I can't remember when I last listened to or viewed sports program of any kind.  Easily over a decade.  Much more fun here, on several planes.  

4 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

In short, she's awesome and does an excellent job.  Listening on One Bills Live with Tasker and she is knowledgable, super articulate in a classic DeeJay kind of way and passionate about sports and the Bill as Harry Cary used to say.  

The Bills are lucky to have her, hope she stays but probably won't.  ESPN for sure.  

Can you provide examples? I'm serious, because I've never heard her utter an original thought or demonstrate any kind of football or Bills knowledge at all.

Usually she says things are are super obvious, in as drawn out a manner as she can, or she'll completely restate what Tasker and/or Brown says.

I think she provides little value, personally.

48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s ALL reporters now. Drives me nuts. 

Have you listened to a McD post game press conference?

Instead of the reporter asking “What did you think of Allen’s play this week”?

They will instead ask “Given his struggles in Week 1, and your comments indicating that he must play better, what do you make of it that Allen had 3 touchdowns today and only 2 incompletions? What does that say about him as a player and competitor and leader?”

I genuinely do not understand why they do it other than to drive me crazy.

They do it because they are full of themselves and like to hear the sound of their own voices. Simple as that.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Yeah, she can get unnecessarily wordy at times. I suspect she’s the kind of person you have to say ‘goodbye’ to five times before you can get off the phone.  

No, she just doesn't actually have anything to say but has to fill time because that's her job. So, she'll ramble about super obvious things. I'm sure she talks normally in real life.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

In short, she's awesome and does an excellent job.  Listening on One Bills Live with Tasker and she is knowledgable, super articulate in a classic DeeJay kind of way and passionate about sports and the Bill as Harry Cary used to say.  

The Bills are lucky to have her, hope she stays but probably won't.  ESPN for sure.  

I’m surprised you found two people to agree with you. Congrats! 👍🏼

13 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Her voice is like an excited 16 year-old's, her vocabulary is limited, she's not highly attractive, she says few original things and offers little insight on Xs and Os, and she's not that fun to watch or listen to. Not ever going to ESPN and I wouldn't be surprised to see her eased out quietly after this season.

13 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

She’s as thick as a brick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Glad you enjoy her. But I don't ever hear her say anything that's remotely insightful and I watch a fair number of the official Bills videos and listen to the Brown/Tasker show a lot and she often fills in for one of them.

To each his or her own.

I think she is very stiff, and has a great voice for silent movies.   Probably a blast in private, but needs a voice transplant to speak in public. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Please. She’s employed by Pegs (Kim). There are plenty of reporters and insightful media figures. I’m NOT picking on a woman (see Jenna Cottrell for a very solid local). **Tasker’s insight comes from his occupation was ST superstar

Maddy is lucky to be employed by an employer that is a local monopoly. Her ratings would force change at a competitive media outlet.  

She’s easy on the eyes at least. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.