On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

32 minutes ago, uninja said:

Wasn't Dion sick or hurt in that game so we had to start Spencer Brown at left tackle and didn't we have depth players playing guard? I seem to recall our offensive line played downright offensively that game.

There were 4 players either playing the wrong position or out injured. The Jags were rushing 3 and getting instant pressure. On the game clinching play, the right tackle stayed in his stance so late that he was still crouched while Allen was being sacked 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just popped over to Finheaven, and I learned some interesting things. 

1. Last week was the BIlls Superbowl because we wanted revenge for them almost beating us in the playoffs
  2. We are about to go on a losing streak starting with a loss in London while the Fins won't lose another game.

I'm so relieved that I have my Sundays free. On a serious note; how in the heck are they more confident after getting whupped than we are after a huge win? Also, get ready for the media to jump fully aboard the Fins bandwagon again because they play the Giants and Panthers at home in the oven over the next two weeks. 

They are still a good team play some really crappy teams, we are really good playing an average team at a disadvantage with the whole international game thing with the Jags having a whole week to get ready while ours is all messed up. So we're reasonably cautious about having a down game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just popped over to Finheaven, and I learned some interesting things. 

1. Last week was the BIlls Superbowl because we wanted revenge for them almost beating us in the playoffs
  2. We are about to go on a losing streak starting with a loss in London while the Fins won't lose another game.

I'm so relieved that I have my Sundays free. On a serious note; how in the heck are they more confident after getting whupped than we are after a huge win? Also, get ready for the media to jump fully aboard the Fins bandwagon again because they play the Giants and Panthers at home in the oven over the next two weeks. 

Hahaha revenge for almost beating us.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

oh geez. I totally forgot about that 2009 game. The TO catch is memorable. But looking at that box score, what a forgettable team that was. 

that 2004 loss will live with me forever. I screamed when Wilford caught the TD to win the game, and it caused my newborn nephew to burst into tears. He is now 19 years old, and I tell him that story! 

That is awesome lol. He now knows about his Uncle scaring him to death during a Bills game. I'm sure that's happen to many lol

Bills-Jags makes me think of two things:

The first is the throw from Josh Allen in his rookie season against the Jags -- you know the one -- where I thought, for the first time "Hey...maybe this kid has something". That throw is STILL amazing to watch to this day.

The second is the last time we played the Jags in London. I remember it because I was at a destination wedding week in Cancun. Everyone else was down at the pool, sipping free drinks and enjoying the gorgeous weather and laughing and having fun...and I was sitting up in the hotel room, watching this football game like a crazy person. Everyone knows what happened next. The EJ Manuel game, the Nickell Robey phantom pass interference, the crushing loss. All I could do afterword was hang my head and go join everyone at the pool, regretting the obsessive fandom that led me to miss out on Cancun pool time to watch THAT friggin game.

Not to even MENTION the recent 9-6 debacle.

Here's hoping for an absolute shellacking of the Jaguars on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, eball said:

With respect to the NFL I disagree.  The “overlooking an opponent” stuff doesn’t happen in professional sports.  Teams lose focus and have “bad games” for all sorts of reasons, but the bottom line is that — at least in professional sports — there is really no such thing as a “trap game.”  The players on both sides know that the line between very good and very bad is razor thin, and if they don’t respect their opponents they will get their asses kicked.

Really, how can you say this when it’s obvious the Dolphins were looking past the Bills to the Giants game. It was a trap game and the fins fell into the trap. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is pretty wild...

It’s all great, and a good sign for sure.   but again, you don’t want to peak at Game #4.  In this golden era that the Bills are in as an organization, they’ve never won an AFC championship or had the #1 seed.  Gotta get this train really rolling in Dec/Jan. 

7 hours ago, finn said:

I don't understand why opposing teams haven't figured out that you have to take Diggs out of the game, even if it means single coverage on all the other receivers or rushing just four players. Same with KC and Kelce. By doing so, you're trading a sure way to lose for a probable way to lose. The talent level between Diggs and the JAGs, including the TEs, is, well, very different. If he's not checking down, Allen has to work a lot harder to get the ball to the non-Diggs receivers. 

Last week, Josh completed passes to 8 different receivers.

In the two games before last week he completed passes to 9 different receivers.

He will hurt you with and without Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

With respect to the NFL I disagree.  The “overlooking an opponent” stuff doesn’t happen in professional sports.  Teams lose focus and have “bad games” for all sorts of reasons, but the bottom line is that — at least in professional sports — there is really no such thing as a “trap game.”  The players on both sides know that the line between very good and very bad is razor thin, and if they don’t respect their opponents they will get their asses kicked.

eball, it's a matter of degree. Sports is sports because sometimes the underdog wins. It happens SOMETIMES. That's why they play the games.

The fact of you making an absolute statement "doesn't happen" (bolded above) makes you wrong because of the exceptions to the rule.

Witness the week 3 loss by the Cowboys to the Cardinals. After losing in the first two weeks to the Commanders and the Giants people were saying that they were tanking so they could draft Caleb Williams.

The Cardinals were an 11 point underdog.

They beat Dallas by 12 points.

Said Dallas Star Micah Parsons, "The last two weeks we were on fire and today we came out and we got lit. … We got to take on every game like it’s the Super Bowl. We got to play up to our standard. We can’t play down to (our opponent), and that’s what I felt like we did today."

There are absolutely trap games where a team underestimates their opponent.

It doesn't happen often but it does happen occasionally.