Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

Torn Achilles is awful hopefully it isn’t a career ender and is a less “serious” tear but they confirmed what we all strongly suspected. Tre is a warrior and he will attempt a comeback but I don’t think he will be with the Bills unless they can work out a pay cut deal.

39 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wouldn't he start of PUP?  

Unless the rules have changed, not until the start of training camp. For the record I don't think the settlement thing will happen, just throwing it out there. There's so many variables to consider (i.e. the player's stature, etc) and so much uncertainty still. The only thing certain right now is that this sucks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Torn Achilles is awful hopefully it isn’t a career ender and is a less “serious” tear but they confirmed what we all strongly suspected. Tre is a warrior and he will attempt a comeback but I don’t think he will be with the Bills unless they can work out a pay cut deal.

There’s been revolutionary surgery recently for Achilles. I’m guessing he gets the same procedure Aaron Rodgers received. We should see White in camp next year.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There’s been revolutionary surgery recently for Achilles. I’m guessing he gets the same procedure Aaron Rodgers received. We should see White in camp next year.

I agree.  I was looking for a fact-based article on this and wanted to share with everyone: https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/01/tredavious-whites-achilles-injury/.  Prognosis isn't exactly great but it sounds like there has been good progress on the medical and recovery front.  Praying for Tre! 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, QCity said:

Unless the rules have changed, not until the start of training camp. For the record I don't think the settlement thing will happen, just throwing it out there. There's so many variables to consider (i.e. the player's stature, etc) and so much uncertainty still. The only thing certain right now is that this sucks.

PUP or IR, I guess it really doesn't matter to the term, it ends up the same.  FTR, I don't see a settlement either.  

I felt bad for him when he dropped a potential pick 6, and then this happens a few minutes later.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.