Davante Adams trade speculation…UPDATE: Schefter says no chance he is traded today (link pg 17)

Alphadawg7

He just sounds like such a process-oriented, McDermott type guy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/19/raiders-davante-adams-frustrated-by-role-despite-win-over-patriots-

“So when I go out there, I expect to be able to have that ability to put that on tape and have an influence on the game. That’s my purpose for being here. I’m not here just to hang out. I came here to win and to do it the right way. So if it don’t look like it’s supposed to look, then I’m going to be frustrated if I’m not part of the plan.”

The "right way" apparently being, the "Feed Davante Adams" way.

Seriously, this guy sounds as though he makes any petulance displayed by Stefon Diggs a mere petard after eating beans.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

And the reason it's a pipedream is because we have missed on so many day two picks on cheap contracts. Our salary cap is bloated as a result.  

Beane needs to nail his day two picks next year (and obviously his first)

There's truth in that.

Maybe we can make a move for someone. But it would have to be someone with a Rookie deal that would cost minimal Draft Pick compensation. 

Superstar trade dreams are completely unrealistic.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/19/raiders-davante-adams-frustrated-by-role-despite-win-over-patriots-

Seriously, this guy sounds as though he makes any petulance displayed by Stefon Diggs a mere petard after eating beans.

Adams accepted the trade to LV because he got to play with his best friend Derek Carr. Now Carr is gone and he knows they have no chance of being a major player in the NFL this year. It's no different than when Diggs forced his way out of Minnesota. We have seen the ups and downs of having that type of player on the team but overall I think every Bills fan would agree it's been 90% positive 10% negative.

Diggs/Adams would be arguably the best top 2 WR tandem in the NFL. Two bona fide #1s playing across from each other. You bring him in and renegotiate his deal to lessen the 2024 cap hit which honestly was never going to be paid out anyways. Keep kicking that salary cap can down the road until Josh Allen retires like the Saints did with Brees.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't know that he can't evaluate WR talent.. he just hasn't invested enough in it.

Yeah - part of why I say Beane can't evaluate WR talent is because he doesn't even try to land great wide receivers.

In his six drafts as the Bills GM, the highest draft pick Beane has used on a wide receiver is a 4th rounder, which is absurd:

Ray-Ray McCloud (6th)
Austin Proehl (7th)

None

Gabe Davis (4th)
Isaiah Hodgins (6th)

Marquez Stevenson (6th)

Khalil Shakir (5th)

Justin Shorter (5th)

So I say he can't evaluate WR talent because year in and year out I see wide receivers that would be very valuable to the Bills drafted by other teams and Beane constantly lets them pass by.

Notable wide receivers passed on by Beane in the draft (chosen 20 picks or less after the Bills draft pick - (round - position and player chosen instead)):

DJ Moore (1st - LB Edmunds)

Calvin Ridley (1st - LB Edmunds)

Antonio Callaway (3rd - DT Phillips)

Marquise Brown (1st - DT Oliver)

AJ Brown (2nd - OL Ford)

Mecole Hardman (2nd - OL Ford)

*DK Metcalf (2nd - OL Ford)

Terry McLaurin (3rd - RB Singletary)

Hunter Renfrow (5th - LB Joseph)

Van Jefferson (2nd - DE Epenesa)

Devin Duvernay (3rd - RB Moss)

Darnell Mooney (5th - QB Fromm)

KJ Osborn (5th - QB Fromm)

Donovan Peoples-Jones (5th - QB Fromm)

Quez Watkins (6th - K Bass)

Jauan Jennings (6th - WR Hodgins)

Elijah Moore (1st - DE Rousseau)

Rondale Moore (1st - DE Rousseau)

Josh Palmer (2nd - DE Basham)

Amon-Ra St. Brown (3rd - OL Brown)

Christian Watson (1st - CB Elam)

Wan'Dale Robinson (1st - CB Elam)

David Bell (3rd - LB Bernard)

Jonathan Mingo (1st - TE Kincaid)

Marvin Mims (2nd - OL Torrence)

Tank Dell (2nd - OL Torrence)

Jalin Hyatt (2nd - OL Torrence)

Cedric Tillman (2nd - OL Torrence)

Josh Downs (2nd - OL Torrence)

Michael Wilson (3rd - LB Williams)

Tre Tucker (3rd - LB Williams)

*chosen 26 picks after Ford

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah - part of why I say Beane can't evaluate WR talent is because he doesn't even try to land great wide receivers.

In his six drafts as the Bills GM, the highest draft pick Beane has used on a wide receiver is a 4th rounder, which is absurd:

Ray-Ray McCloud (6th)
Austin Proehl (7th)

None

Gabe Davis (4th)
Isaiah Hodgins (6th)

Marquez Stevenson (6th)

Khalil Shakir (5th)

Justin Shorter (5th)

So I say he can't evaluate WR talent because year in and year out I see wide receivers that would be very valuable to the Bills drafted by other teams and Beane constantly lets them pass by.

Notable wide receivers passed on by Beane in the draft (chosen 20 picks or less after the Bills draft pick - (round - position and player chosen instead)):

AJ Brown (2nd - OL Ford)

Honestly, that list is generally underwhelming. Out of the 25 or so WRs only a handful, or so, of them would really help out the team now. On top of the fact that not only did Beane pass on these guys but so did (in most cases) every other GM.  You're also looking at things in vacuum and not the overall team composition and needs at the time of the drafts.  It's easy to look back and say the Bills or any other team should have drafted Brady, Brees, or Wilson (RIP).  The hard part is deciding in the moment who will help your team now and in the future

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd offer our 1st in 2024 and a 3rd in 2025 that becomes a 2nd if we appear in the SB in 24 or 25.  Toss in an additional late rounder if need be.

We need to make a move like this to give ourselves a real shot at it 

If you are going to dream then dream big …

1 hour ago, Araiza Curse said:

As much as I want this to happen. It won’t. Why? Because this franchise has no clue in what it takes to win a Super Bowl. Another great WR opposite of Diggs is the medicine we need, which is precisely why I’m not expecting it. 

If you're so tired of this team, could you freakin' go to sleep already?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I read that.  It's rare you hear a player say we aren't winning right. We need to win with me getting the stats. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I read that.  It's rare you hear a player say we aren't winning right. We need to win with me getting the stats. 

I know, right?  Now, he could have meant it a little differently.  Like supposing we'd scraped through the Jags game, then the Giants game....I could see saying "we're not winning the right way". 

As far as I can tell from clips and box score, nothing stood out as unusual or wrong with those 2 Vegas wins.

In that context, it does come across as "wahhhh, Meyers and Mayer got more targets than me!"

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Araiza Curse said:

As much as I want this to happen. It won’t. Why? Because this franchise has no clue in what it takes to win a Super Bowl. Another great WR opposite of Diggs is the medicine we need, which is precisely why I’m not expecting it. 

another weapon not utilized by the OC or QB 

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know, right?  Now, he could have meant it a little differently.  Like supposing we'd scraped through the Jags game, then the Giants game....I could see saying "we're not winning the right way". 

As far as I can tell from clips and box score, nothing stood out as unusual or wrong with those 2 Vegas wins.

In that context, it does come across as "wahhhh, Meyers and Mayer got more targets than me!"

Yeah its amazing to me he said it.  That's one of those things you keep to yourself lol 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Adams whole family are Raiders fans. 

He's not leaving LV until he retires. 

From now on when someone makes some broad declaration like this..........but then gets proven 100% wrong:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952yjw8w91k8rprjj95fx

We gotta' set some kind of standard for unnecessary absolute failure.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ray-Ray McCloud (6th)
Austin Proehl (7th)

None

Gabe Davis (4th)
Isaiah Hodgins (6th)

Marquez Stevenson (6th)

Khalil Shakir (5th)

Justin Shorter (5th)

AJ Brown (2nd - OL Ford)

2019 was THE year, and BBB comes out with ZERO… I thought for sure they were going Brown or DK in the 2nd, it was a huge need, and in the 2024 draft, five years later, it still will be. Meanwhile Ford was literally a disappointment from the moment they called his name.

If Beane picks Brown or DK, or even McLaurin, does Buffalo have atleast one Lombardi by now?

Hard to think they wouldn’t…

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ray-Ray McCloud (6th)
Austin Proehl (7th)

None

Gabe Davis (4th)
Isaiah Hodgins (6th)

Marquez Stevenson (6th)

Khalil Shakir (5th)

Justin Shorter (5th)

AJ Brown (2nd - OL Ford)

There are SEVERAL names on this list that are suspect at best, and why do you have any names from this past draft? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.