Odd scheduling note…

eball

5 minutes ago, eball said:

If the Bills aren't playing, just being able to do the 2, 3, or 4 game multiview makes it worth it for me.

I can't do the multiview thing - I'm too easily distracted. I like to focus on one game. Although I might flip to another game during a commercial break.

If it had been a thing back then, I'd have probably been diagnosed with ADHD.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

1pm truther Bills fans are literally the only fan base that I think would petition the NFL for a Bills 1pm Super Bowl 

Game time 6:30pm 

1pm truthers: "hate it. Wish it was 1pm Sunday" lol

Lol.  Actually… Didn’t the Super Bowl used to be on in the early afternoon the first several years of its existence?

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, eball said:

To hear some of you whine, you'd rather the Bills be mediocre again so you can enjoy your 1 pm Sunday games.  Geesh.

either your sarcasm detector is broken or I am just poor at it

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

boomer I am. 62. I don't even make it until 8:30, lol

afternoon naps are essential.

Being a boomer has nothing to do with it. It is a good practice to maintain energy throughout the day. Power naps are great!

32 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

No we just want the best of both worlds

Shissh you! I raised my kids imparting a key philosophy - one can never get the best of both worlds. 

31 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I was tempted to do the same, but I decided to splurge anyway. I figured that on days when the Bills are on prime time or late Sunday afternoon, at least I can choose which early game to watch.

Plus, the multiview is incredible for the time slots when the Bills are not playing

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Next week vs. Jax I was excited for a morning start and then realized it is Canadian Thanksgiving and driving to MIL's for noon (90 minute drive).  Now will maybe watch the first half and tape the rest (or stay pre-occupied the morning), ignore all other Sunday games and watch when back around 6:00. 

Was so looking forward to it. 

I empathize with you - I am going on a short road trip with friends and family, there is a 3:30 am India vs Australia World Cup cricket match and then this Jags game in London. Too much sports, too little time

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Many groups I work with in Europe get a three week holiday during either the end of July or the 1st three weeks of August.    I guess its mainly France and Italy, but I've had groups in UK, Ireland, and Switzerland all use the same excuse as to why we cant conduct business during that time period.

I had same issue when I worked with European branches when working for Verizon.

I loooooove primetime games. As a father of 2, day games consists of both girls constantly asking for tickles or for me to read a book to them while my wife occasionally says, "stop messing with Dad" while playing on her phone.

Primetime games I can relax, drink a beer without fear of someone throwing themselves at me and spilling it everywhere, and give the game my full attention.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I was tempted to do the same, but I decided to splurge anyway. I figured that on days when the Bills are on prime time or late Sunday afternoon, at least I can choose which early game to watch.

Just watch the Red Zone channel. It's a bit hectic but they actually do a really great job of skipping around between all the games so you see more football and less of those terrible sideline shots trying to see players sitting on the bench while the cameraman looks through all the referees and coaches. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just watch the Red Zone channel. It's a bit hectic but they actually do a really great job of skipping around between all the games so you see more football and less of those terrible sideline shots trying to see players sitting on the bench while the cameraman looks through all the referees and coaches. 

I might give that a try next week when the Bills play in London.

I usually watch night games at home when available and day games & evening games at bar when not available on TV with occasionally just listening to game when busy. With all of new broadcasting partners sound like I will be listening to a lot of games.  Not even sure if bars I watch in have all of the new NFL partners.

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I had same issue when I worked with European branches when working for Verizon.

Not very many places have resources who take 3 weeks off at a time, especially with no backup resource.    We plan for the work outages now, but meanwhile you're just waiting for other people to come back to work.  The difference in the way the EU views work, and the way the US Companies mandate work here is night and day.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah there is no standard holiday in the UK. It is generally quiet mid July to end of August because the schools close so that is when most families take their holiday during that period. 

But I don't have kids... so my holidays are normally a week in March for the Cheltenhan horse racing festival, Ibiza for 10 days at the end of June / start of July and then this week when I go somewhere in Europe that I have never been before. And then lots of random days through the year for Bills games ha.

You're not alone my friend.   It sounds weak, but I am early middle aged and I tend to try and take PTO dates for days after night games.  I dont do well with little sleep.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I loooooove primetime games. As a father of 2, day games consists of both girls constantly asking for tickles or for me to read a book to them while my wife occasionally says, "stop messing with Dad" while playing on her phone.

Primetime games I can relax, drink a beer without fear of someone throwing themselves at me and spilling it everywhere, and give the game my full attention.

Same here. I much prefer primetime games, because it is after the kids go to bed. I can fully focus on the game instead of running around trying to catch a play or two in between taking care of children.

• Like (+1) 1

LOVE IT!

1:00 games kill the whole day. 4:00 games allow me to work outside all day long, then when it starts to get dark come inside and watch the game. Night games are even better. 

Also, I am so happy there's no Thanksgiving game this year. Enough of that! 

Edited by TheFunPolice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.