TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - NFL Week 4 2023 (October 1)

chongli

There will be more updates to the FOX maps as the final ones have not been published by them yet. Either later today (Wednesday) or tomorrow.

UPDATE (Wed): FOX Early:

Chicago and Detroit updated to WSH-PHL. Denver updated to CIN-TEN.

‐--------------------------------

[Note: This week is the first International Series - London game, Sunday, October 1 at 9:30 AM ET on ESPN+]

[Note 2: Doubleheader this week is FOX.]

[Note 3: There is a MNF ManningCast this week.]

[Note 4: Remember: the TNF game is free and legal to all on Twitch--no Amazon Prime account needed.]

[Note 5: Remember: all MNF games this season are also simlucasted on ABC unless there is a separate game on ESPN, as is the case Week 3 and Week 14.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=4

https://archive.506sports.com/wiki/2023_NFL_Season

NFL Week 4 2023 - October 1, 2023

NATIONAL BROADCASTS:

TNF - Amazon Prime Video/Twitch

Thursday, September 28 - 8:15 PM ET:

Detroit at Green Bay

Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit, Kaylee Hartung

[Simulcasts: WJBK (FOX/2) Detroit, WGBA (NBC/26) Green Bay and WITI (FOX/6) Milwaukee]

International Series - London - ESPN+

Sunday, October 1 - 9:30 AM ET:

Atlanta vs. Jacksonville at Wembley Stadium, London, England, UK

Chris Fowler, Dan Orlovsky, Louis Riddick, Laura Rutledge

[Simulcasts: WSB (ABC/2) Atlanta and WFOX (FOX/30) Jacksonville]

[Animated broadcasts of this game from Toy Story's Andy's room are available on alternate channels of Disney+ and ESPN+. See tweet at end.]

SNF - NBC

Sunday, October 1 - 8:20 PM ET:

Kansas City at New York Jets

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

MNF - ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Monday, October 2 - 8:15 PM ET:

Seattle at New York Giants

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

[ManningCast on ESPN2]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Single

Sunday, October 1 - 1 PM and 4:05 PM:

04-CBS-V4.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Miami at Buffalo

(1) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

█ Blue:

Baltimore at Cleveland

(2) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

█ Yellow (Yellow):

Denver at Chicago

(4) Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross

█ Orange:

Pittsburgh at Houston

(5) Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta, Amanda Renner

█ Green (LATE):

Las Vegas at Los Angeles Chargers (LATE)

(3) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

FOX Early

Sunday, October 1 - 1 PM ET:

04-FOX-E-V4.png

█ Red:

Washington at Philadelphia

(2) Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver

█ Blue:

Cincinnati at Tennessee

(3) Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink

█ Green (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Los Angeles Rams at Indianapolis

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake

█ Yellow (Yellow):

Tampa Bay at New Orleans

(6) Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

█ Orange:

Minnesota at Carolina

(7) Alex Faust (NFL debut), Brady Quinn, Megan Olivi

FOX Late

Sunday, October 1 - 4:25 PM ET:

04-FOX-L-V2.png

█ Red (including Alaksa):

New England at Dallas

(1) Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

█ Blue (including Hawaii):

Arizona at San Francisco

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin

UK:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/nfl-on-sky

TNF

Friday, September 29 - 1:20 AM BST:

Detroit at Green Bay

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

International Series - London

Sunday, October 1 - 2:30 PM BST:

Atlanta vs. Jacksonville at Wembley Stadium, London, England, UK

ITV1, ITV X, STV, and Virgin Media Three

[Toy Story version on Disney+]

Sunday Early Game

Sunday, October 1 - 6 PM BST:

Miami at Buffalo

Sunday Late Game

Sunday, October 1 - 9:25 PM BST:

New England at Dallas

SNF

Monday, October 2 - 1:20 AM BST:

Kansas City at New York Jets

MNF

Tuesday, October 3 - 1:15 AM BST:

Seattle at New York Giants

Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Main Event, and Channel 5

uk week 4 2023 maps.jpg

NFL Game Pass on DAZN:

TBD

Bye Week:

none

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

There will be more updates to the FOX maps as the final ones have not been published by them yet. Either later today (Wednesday) or tomorrow.

Also, LOL, as Detroit, Chicago, and much of the Midwest and North have both DEN-CHI and MIN-CAR.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't believe the Bears Broncoes game is being broadcast to such a large region.  What did the people in states like New Mexico, Utah, Iowa, the Dakotas do to make someone mad? Would have thought they'd have shown Bills Fish game in more of those places.

Chicago and Detroit are now showing WSH-PHL. FOX hasn't updated their final maps yet.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't believe the Bears Broncoes game is being broadcast to such a large region.  What did the people in states like New Mexico, Utah, Iowa, the Dakotas do to make someone mad? Would have thought they'd have shown Bills Fish game in more of those places.

Broncos are big out in the Rocky Mtn states. Even when they suck

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

lol yeah but if you draw a vertical line through Peoria, the yellow region west of that has like 1.5 million people total or something

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

This is what they're forcing me to watch. 

When a game matters I kind of hate watching it in a bar. Too many distractions. But I'm desperate ...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, boyst said:

Charlotte is not showing the bills game at 1 to compete against the Panthers game. Instead they are showing a CBS late game of raiders/chargers

That's insane.

Bills/Dolphins game would probably beat out the Vikings/Panthers matchup in terms of viewership if they were on the air in that market simultaneously!

• Like (+1) 1

Ugh.

All of Oregon is showing the Raiders-Chargers game instead of Bills-Dolphins.

I guess they figure that we care more about the Raiders and Chargers due to proximity, but...yuck. Absolute yuck.

Might have to go to the Bills Backers Bar for this one.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Logic said:

Ugh.

I guess they figure that we care more about the Raiders and Chargers due to proximity, but...yuck. Absolute yuck.

139b67e70e615ce9b839fa56564b607b.gif

down_arrow_animation_1.gif

1*tIYHw_uv3feqN84V7xNyXw.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ugh.

It's because Oregon is cowtowing for Herbert, who went to Oregon.

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

For MNF this past week, none of their streams worked  Usually they are good though. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Haha, thanks.

I've been using it every week, but...sometimes their stream dependability leaves a lot to be desired. I totally understand why, and I have no cause to complain, it just...stinks sometimes when Josh Allen unleashes a frozen rope, and it freezes in the air and I get the "three dots of buffering death". And then I re-load the stream, close all the ads, and it's two plays later and I've missed both the play and the replay.

After years of paying for Gamepass, which  never dropped or buffered on me, I'm still getting used to this pirate life. It kinda sucks sometimes. And for a game as big as Bills-Dolphins, I'm thinking the drive and the bar tab might be worth the trouble.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

the effing Bears - Broncos? ffs, that bites, nfl.

There should be some kind of NFL mercy rule for the fans. When a game is this bad, don't make the hometown fans watch it.

Buffalo guy Gregg Easterbrook used to say something like this: "There are 32 widescreen TVs in Hell's Sports Bar, and every one of them is showing Broncos-Bears."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There should be some kind of NFL mercy rule for the fans. When a game is this bad, don't make the hometown fans watch it.

Buffalo guy Gregg Easterbrook used to say something like this: "There are 32 widescreen TVs in Hell's Sports Bar, and every one of them is showing Broncos-Bears."

Hahahahaha, that’s pretty good… I saw a (tweet? Or X) that said Bears Broncos should be flexed to Tuesday morning ! Lots of bad matchups early this season but man that’s an awful game to be stuck with. 

• Haha (+1) 1

UPDATE:

FOX Early:

Oklahoma City and Tulsa OK; Fort Smith AR: WSH-PHI to TB-NO (Wed)

Map has been changed.

21 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Map is showing Bills and Miami in Raleigh yet guides still show browns and ravens 🤦‍♂️ 

Which guide? Can you check ROVI? I can't get past September on mobile.

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Map is showing Bills and Miami in Raleigh yet guides still show browns and ravens 🤦‍♂️ 

Now I have been told Raleigh is in fact showing MIA-BUF based on internal CBS 6-day maps and a different local TV listing service. I am trying to get more info, but it looks like MIA-BUF.

[EDIT: It's hard as f--- trying to type on your phone with your pointer fingers while wearing hook grip tape on your thumbs for deadlifts!]

IMG-4787.jpg

Edited by chongli

3 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Erie really dropped the ball here too. Can't believe they are showing Piggs Texans aka The Toilet Bowl over Bills Dolphins or even Browns Ravens. 

And it's the only city close enough that I can snag networks via a long distance antenna. :censored:

11 minutes ago, chongli said:

[EDIT: It's hard as f--- trying to type on your phone with your pointer fingers while wearing hook grip tape on your thumbs for deadlifts!]

Real lifters can type with their noses. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, boyst said:

Charlotte is not showing the bills game at 1 to compete against the Panthers game. Instead they are showing a CBS late game of raiders/chargers

That's insane.

If you look at the map, every team that has a one o'clock game chooses to show the late single game whenever possible.  Philly, Tampa, New Orleans, Minn, Cinci, Nashville, and Indy are all showing the late single4:05 start time game.  DC is going with the early game only because it's Baltimore.  This happens every week in the "flagship" market as they call it.

Next week CBS will have the doubleheader game, so teams/cities hosting the 1:00 game on CBS will elect to show the late 4:05 FOX game too.  Panthers are playing early on Fox so that game will be one, but likely Indy, New Orleans, Tenn and NE will show the late Fox game.  Last week Buffalo elected to show the late Fox game.

This has been going on for a few years now.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.