TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - NFL Week 4 2023 (October 1)

chongli

I always find these maps to be fascinating. And this week I find it really hard to believe how spotty and limited the Bills v Dolphins broadcast area looks. For example, you can’t tell me that outside of the immediate metro areas of Chicago and Denver, fans are dying to watch the Bears and Broncos stare at each other. 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Why is Vegas - Chargers pre-empting Bills Dolphins in Tampa. I thought maybe Herbert or Jimmy G was from there but nooo. Also, Mack is from east coast Florida. What gives. 

Because the Tampa Bay game is on at the same time on FOX, so CBS chose to air the late game (Vegas-Chargers) instead of the early Bills game to not go against the home team and lose viewership.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Saw this - won't help me in the Denver area but hopefully benefits some here

@506sports

map update: several cities that were to get Broncos-Bears on CBS have been switched to Dolphins-Bills, including Detroit and Green Bay. You're welcome.

https://x.com/506sports/status/1707502017256522092?s=20

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

lol..... I sent the following to the GM of Erie's CBS affiliate earlier today: 

Looking at your programming schedule, I was very relieved to see the following as it is inarguably the best NFL game on this weekend's schedule with significant local interest.

2023-2024 NFL Football on WSEE/CBS and WICU/NBC

Week 4 - Sunday, Oct. 1 at 1 p.m. - Miami at Buffalo - WSEE/CBS

But then when I look at your programming schedule I see that you have opted to switch to an absolutely gawdawful game involving Pittsburgh and the painfully unwatchable Houston Texans, neither of which are even in your broadcast area and which clearly goes directly against your stated policy: 

The local station has little say in what is aired nationally with some rare exceptions. Erie is in the Buffalo market and those games will come first here regardless of team record or state location when circumstance dictates.

How you folks can choose to broadcast an awful out of market game instead of the best game of the week which involves the team that is actually in your market is totally baffling. I understand the difficulties your network(s) must face competing with the variety of current technology, but doing this sort of a disservice to your viewers cannot possibly help your position in any way, not to mention it almost certainly will bring a smaller share of viewers to your advertisers.

I sincerely hope that before Sunday comes around you opt to go back to your original programming decision and provide your viewers with the best product available that the greatest number of people are likely to want to watch. If you choose not to do that, could you please take a brief moment to respond to this request with the suggestion of who I might contact that has the influence to alter this decision, whether that be someone in advertising, programming, etc?

Thank you for your consideration,

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Saw this - won't help me in the Denver area but hopefully benefits some here

@506sports

map update: several cities that were to get Broncos-Bears on CBS have been switched to Dolphins-Bills, including Detroit and Green Bay. You're welcome.

https://x.com/506sports/status/1707502017256522092?s=20

Thanks for that! 

I've been busy today, or slacking, whatever you want to call it, lol. 

Here is your tweet in graphic form:

Here are the updates, including the FOX one I posted yesterday upthread. Maps have been updated.

UPDATES:

CBS Early:

all MI stations; Green Bay and Wausau WI; Des Moines IA; Fargo ND; Mankato MN; Cape Girardeau and Kirksville MO; all MT stations: DEN-CHI to MIA-BUF (Thu)

Erie PA; Amarillo, Wichita Falls and Sherman TX: PIT-HOU to MIA-BUF (Thu)

FOX Early:

Oklahoma City and Tulsa OK; Fort Smith AR: WSH-PHI to TB-NO (Wed)

St. Louis MO: CIN-TN to WSH-PHI (Thu)

Grand Rapids, Lansing and Marquette MI: WSH-PHI to MIN-CAR (Thu)

Anchorage AK: LAR-IND to MIN-CAR (Thu)

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

lol..... I sent the following to the GM of Erie's CBS affiliate earlier today: 

Looking at your programming schedule, I was very relieved to see the following as it is inarguably the best NFL game on this weekend's schedule with significant local interest.

2023-2024 NFL Football on WSEE/CBS and WICU/NBC

Week 4 - Sunday, Oct. 1 at 1 p.m. - Miami at Buffalo - WSEE/CBS

But then when I look at your programming schedule I see that you have opted to switch to an absolutely gawdawful game involving Pittsburgh and the painfully unwatchable Houston Texans, neither of which are even in your broadcast area and which clearly goes directly against your stated policy: 

The local station has little say in what is aired nationally with some rare exceptions. Erie is in the Buffalo market and those games will come first here regardless of team record or state location when circumstance dictates.

How you folks can choose to broadcast an awful out of market game instead of the best game of the week which involves the team that is actually in your market is totally baffling. I understand the difficulties your network(s) must face competing with the variety of current technology, but doing this sort of a disservice to your viewers cannot possibly help your position in any way, not to mention it almost certainly will bring a smaller share of viewers to your advertisers.

I sincerely hope that before Sunday comes around you opt to go back to your original programming decision and provide your viewers with the best product available that the greatest number of people are likely to want to watch. If you choose not to do that, could you please take a brief moment to respond to this request with the suggestion of who I might contact that has the influence to alter this decision, whether that be someone in advertising, programming, etc?

Thank you for your consideration,

Very nice! An intelligent, well-written letter with cited info to back if up. You represent well for the Bills Mafia.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Another minor update, with more markets switching to MIA-BUF:

CBS Single:

Madison and La Crosse WI: DEN-CHI to MIA-BUF (Fri)

Map has been updated.

9 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

YTTV and spectrum still showing browns ravens in Raleigh however local CBS a website says Bills.   

Yeah, some schedule guides are slow to update, but the Bills game is definitely on! The local station guide, as well as zap2it are usually more reliable, but not always.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.