Stopping the Miami Offense (and Tua the wizard) - Lets hear the ideas.

Chaos

(1) press coverage, bump Hill off the line, bracket Hill with a CB (who bumps Hill) and safety help over the top.  

(2) pressure that comes from various places on Tua.  

(3) Groot and Lawson will need another good game of run stopping.  

Offense: 

(1) a WR other than Diggs needs to step up

(2) if we have a lead, run the ball.  Make MIA stop that, then play 2 TE sets to setup mid range passes and a few long passes thrown in.  

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I love basketball and appreciate that the best point guard doesn't have to score any points.  So far in three games, its hard to argue with T"ua the points guard's" results.  So the question is how should it be stopped.  

So far three professional NFL DC's did not have the answer.  I am sure I don't.  But I will start with a question/proposition:

I keep hearing how Tua is getting rid of the ball so quickly, that no pass rush can be effective.  If I assume that to be true, then why pass rush with more than 3 and just play 100% Dime.  The last thing Tua wants to do is run so we don't need to worry about that.  Seems like this might force Tua to wait for plays to develop, which is not what he seems to thrive.  Make Tua beat us deep. 

He averaged 201 yards a game last year against us.  I think the staff already knows the answer 

Just now, Chaos said:

Hope you’re right. This is not the same dolphins as last year though

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not gonna be an easy task, but we’ve done well against them and it’s mostly the same team on offense especially.  

Keep in mind, they scored a ton vs Chargers and Broncos, two atrocious defenses.  They didn’t go off as much on the Pats, a tougher defense than those other 2.

Our defense is allowing just 9.6 pts per game right now.  

Miami scored only 20 when we were missing our entire starting secondary and interior D Line last year.  

I think Broncos game was so crazy because not only do they suck, but they were dealing with the he heat index.  

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

This may sound crazy, but…. Cover zero, play the corners close to the line, bump their receivers close to the LOS, take away the short yardage plays, delay the deep plays (even by an instant), rush five, and get to Tua as fast as ***** possible.  

In three games, Tua has only been sacked once (by Judon) He’s been waaay too comfortable. 

Cover 0 will be a big part of the game plan in red zone I think, perhaps even zone man combos on the bills side of the field 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.