OT: if the Pats lose to the Jets - how hot is the seat for their HC?

Success

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

It's so weird how precipitously his winning percentage went down when teams started guarding their playbooks and having tighter security at practices.

And director of cheating retired but I am convinced he is still working for them as a consultant remotely.

Edited by Limeaid
Duplicate post

On 9/22/2023 at 6:19 PM, Process said:

BB the GM should have been fired a long time ago.

BB the coach is the only reason that team wins more than 4 games. 

Tough spot for the Cheats

Belichick the coach has a terrible record when Tom Brady is not his QB. Before and after.

They should give Brady Belichick’s gold jacket. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I don't think the seat gets any warmer than it already was to be honest.

Kraft had gotten used to Super Bowl appearances. Now his team isn't even a real yearly playoff threat. Oh, they may sneak in like they did last time but early exits aren't the expectations. I think Bill has this year. If they miss again Kraft may want to make changes such as bringing in a GM. I don't think Belichick sticks around for that.

The lucky coach in this game, IMO is Saleh. Sorry, but I'm still convinced that the Jet season was going to implode with or without Rodgers. I stand by that. Saleh built the expectations up so high for the Jets that I believe if their season blew up he was out the door. Gotta think he gets by with the "But AAron was hurt" excuse and gets another year.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Kraft had gotten used to Super Bowl appearances. Now his team isn't even a real yearly playoff threat. Oh, they may sneak in like they did last time but early exits aren't the expectations. I think Bill has this year. If they miss again Kraft may want to make changes such as bringing in a GM. I don't think Belichick sticks around for that.

The lucky coach in this game, IMO is Saleh. Sorry, but I'm still convinced that the Jet season was going to implode with or without Rodgers. I stand by that. Saleh built the expectations up so high for the Jets that I believe if their season blew up he was out the door. Gotta think he gets by with the "But AAron was hurt" excuse and gets another year.

I'm not sure I agree with Saleh getting another year.  He and Douglas hand-picked Wilson with the 2nd overall pick in 2021 and this is his/their 3rd and most critical year.  Rodgers likely isn't coming back, so if they miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight season under him despite the defense being dominant, because Wilson can't at least be competent, he and Douglas are probably goners.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm not sure I agree with Saleh getting another year.  He and Douglas hand-picked Wilson with the 2nd overall pick in 2021 and this is his/their 3rd and most critical year.  Rodgers likely isn't coming back, so if they miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight season under him despite the defense being dominant, because Wilson can't at least be competent, he and Douglas are probably goners.

Wilson is on Douglas more than Saleh IMO. A first year HC who was a defensive coordinator by trade is of course going to be involved in selecting the Quarterback but I don't think he can be held accountable for it. If the team quits on the season because of Wilson then I think you can look at the Head Coach because it is his job to keep his defense playing hard and keep guys trying. He did that pretty well last year but early signs this year are concerning players angry tweeting then deleting after games etc. That is where I think Saleh is more vulnerable. 

Joe Douglas is the guy who tore down the roster and rebuilt and while he has got a lot of pieces right, if ultimately he got the QB wrong he should carry the can. If the rest of the team plays hard all year and Wilson sucking sinks them that is on Douglas and he could be fired. 

Edited by GunnerBill

On 9/22/2023 at 8:43 PM, MRW said:

If you could replace Belichick the GM while keeping Belichick the coach, that would be ideal. But it isn't really possible to make a change like that after you've given a guy complete control.

You have to get him to say he wants to focus on coaching only… in public.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:29 PM, Einstein said:

Well said.

I watched both Patriot games and, as you wrote, Belichick is the only reason keeping that team from complete collapse. They are  devoid of talent. 

He's also the reason they are devoid of talent as the GM, so it is interesting.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Wilson is on Douglas more than Saleh IMO. A first year HC who was a defensive coordinator by trade is of course going to be involved in selecting the Quarterback but I don't think he can be held accountable for it. If the team quits on the season because of Wilson then I think you can look at the Head Coach because it is his job to keep his defense playing hard and keep guys trying. He did that pretty well last year but early signs this year are concerning players angry tweeting then deleting after games etc. That is where I think Saleh is more vulnerable. 

Joe Douglas is the guy who tore down the roster and rebuilt and while he has got a lot of pieces right, if ultimately he got the QB wrong he should carry the can. If the rest of the team plays hard all year and Wilson sucking sinks them that is on Douglas and he could be fired. 

Seems like Woody would just get rid of them both.  Three years of not making the playoffs, a busted 2nd overall QB pick (again) and their big move being adding a 40-year old QB who got injured.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Seems like Woody would just get rid of them both.  Three years of not making the playoffs, a busted 2nd overall QB pick (again) and their big move being adding a 40-year old QB who got injured.

He may well.... but I don't think the evaluation on Saleh will come down directly to how Wilson plays. It might for Joe Douglas.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Rodgers is Woody’s mess. The Jets GM and HC would have to be insane not to be on board with bringing #8 in. But they didn’t bring him in. Woody did. 

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I thought exactly the same. There was just too much going on for a franchise that hasn’t tasted success in a decade. They were never going to handle all that well. Rodgers and the NY media would have been fun to see though, from our perspective. 

But we can’t stand by our prediction any longer, considering we’ll never know 😆 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Rodgers is Woody’s mess. The Jets GM and HC would have to be insane not to be on board with bringing #8 in. But they didn’t bring him in. Woody did. 

I thought exactly the same. There was just too much going on for a franchise that hasn’t tasted success in a decade. They were never going to handle all that well. Rodgers and the NY media would have been fun to see though, from our perspective. 

But we can’t stand by our prediction any longer, considering we’ll never know 😆 

The rumor I had heard (and actually believe) is that Rodgers was 100% Woody Johnson as you said. On board or not, it's Johnson's team and he gets what he wants. The rumor was Saleh and Douglas really wanted Carr and to beef up the OLine. Once Rodgers was the target funds that were earmarked to go to OL help went to getting guys Aaron wanted like Lazard and Cobb. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The rumor I had heard (and actually believe) is that Rodgers was 100% Woody Johnson as you said. On board or not, it's Johnson's team and he gets what he wants. The rumor was Saleh and Douglas really wanted Carr and to beef up the OLine. Once Rodgers was the target funds that were earmarked to go to OL help went to getting guys Aaron wanted like Lazard and Cobb. 

Wow. I didn’t think they had their own plan at QB, like Carr + pieces.

Woody…Rodgers…Rodger’s WRs. What a glorious disaster! 

So another thing that has to be fact is that Woody, Douglas and Salah sat together and agreed that Zach MILF Loving Wilson was a mistake. Basically, Woody forgave them for that. 

It’s not like Douglas and/or Salah have any cards to play if Woody says, Hey guys seen enough you’re outta Here. But it is interesting to know that the owner overruled the football guys, and got burned. We know how that feels too. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.