My favorite play yesterday was a 0 yard rush by Josh.

Matt_In_NH

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

3rd and 5 opening drive, Josh runs out of bounds for 0 gain.....no trying to run people over for 5 yards (wasn't gonna happen), no throw into coverage....live for another set of downs.  That ended up being the only punt of the game....that showed me he was in the right mindset.

I thought the exact opposite.  He had Baby Stef wide open for a first down just past the sticks.  I don't like JA being that tentative, but it worked out long run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I thought the exact opposite.  He had Baby Stef wide open for a first down just past the sticks.  I don't like JA being that tentative, but it worked out long run.

I did not see that, I don't think he played tentative, he played under control vs what happened Monday

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

and 0 fumbles.

Also liked that everyone active got to play although I'd prefer some pulled earlier.

https://static.www.nfl.com/gamecenter/b07ca1e2-f053-11ed-b4a7-bab79e4492fa.pdf

I mean it was nice that Cook got over 100 yards with that 37 yard scamper that leads to kneel downs, but why was he even in there at that point?

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Agreed. I know everyone was raving about how smart Josh was, but I had the same reaction as you. I thought he played too tentatively on that and a number of other plays. 

for example, I thought he had a few pump fakes that were more due to him being tentative than trying to move defenders. 

I am fine with the week 2 “over correction”— but the best of Josh Allen is somewhere between week 1 and week 2 play. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

3rd and 5 opening drive, Josh runs out of bounds for 0 gain.....no trying to run people over for 5 yards (wasn't gonna happen), no throw into coverage....live for another set of downs.  That ended up being the only punt of the game....that showed me he was in the right mindset.

I’ll wait to see the all 22 before praising a give up play to punt. 

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

My favorite was 0 interceptions 

I don’t think he had a turnover worthy play yesterday. 

29 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. I know everyone was raving about how smart Josh was, but I had the same reaction as you. I thought he played too tentatively on that and a number of other plays. 

for example, I thought he had a few pump fakes that were more due to him being tentative than trying to move defenders. 

I am fine with the week 2 “over correction”— but the best of Josh Allen is somewhere between week 1 and week 2 play. 

Didn't he nail some deep passes off those pump fakes?

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

You're really right about this.  I was disappointed to go three and out, and I was disappointed that something better didn't happen on that play.  But my feelings aren't what's important.  What's important is that Josh showed he understood that he doesn't have to win the game on every play.  Games are long, and if the opportunity to make a play doesn't present itself this time, there will be plenty of opportunities at other times. 

There are two questions:   What do you do on a play that's going nowhere, and what do you do on a play when you have a good chance to make something happen.  Josh answered both questions yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Yea but someone is open most every play on every offense.  Maybe not wide open but “open.”  

They miss wide open more then we see - think connecting on a big 40 yard pass play on a corner and the safety is in the area - do they ever really show you the replay of a guy running wide open on a 15 yard crosser over the middle or something.  

“That was such a great play by the QB and WR but look at this TE running wide open over the middle.”  

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yea but someone is open most every play on every offense.  Maybe not wide open but “open.”  

They miss wide open more then we see - think connecting on a big 40 yard pass play on a corner and the safety is in the area - do they ever really show you the replay of a guy running wide open on a 15 yard crosser over the middle or something.  

“That was such a great play by the QB and WR but look at this TE running wide open over the middle.”  

On the play in question Diggs and Josh were on the same sideline, so Josh usually throws that pass.  It was surprising that he didn't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.