Can we please use groot like parsons and Garrett?

Hebert19

When von comes back I'd love to see groot used like he was in college.  Line him up over center next to Ed or Jones and bring von and Floyd off edge.  His length alone would take away passes and he has the skills to beat the center.  Not saying he's like micah or myles but he could be used same way.  He was a lot in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

When von comes back I'd love to see groot used like he was in college.  Line him up over center next to Ed or Jones and bring von and Floyd off edge.  His length alone would take away passes and he has the skills to beat the center.  Not saying he's like micah or myles but he could be used same way.  He was a lot in Miami. 

I had this exact thought today.  When Floyd and Miller are both healthy, I'd love to find a way to get all 3 of them on the field together

I’d rather put  packages in like a 4-3 and have Von at the other OLB spot where he blitzes, or maybe Floyd could take that spot and could either blitz or cover. He’s covered before and he’s not extremely terrible. And we all know he can rush the passer 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’d like to see that. I think Groot can do it. He can be a menace just like Micah Parsons. But Parsons is on another level, I think he’s the best defensive player in the NFL right now by far. 

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’d like to see that. I think Groot can do it. He can be a menace just like Micah Parsons. But Parsons is on another level, I think he’s the best defensive player in the NFL right now by far. 

After watching what he did to the Jets, I can’t disagree 

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I agree. He is not a “bend the edge” DE. He’s exactly the guy you want to move inside. Maybe when Miller gets back. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

We’ve done this before. I see no reason why we wouldn’t do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 7:01 PM, DCofNC said:

I just want to see him get the chance to rush from the inside more.

I don’t disagree, but when Jones is your best DL by some margin and Ed is playing lights out you don’t want to take any of those guys off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/17/2023 at 7:10 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He's been good 

Alwa,Always, good to be versatile with talented defenders.  Harder to tee off to stop a guy that you can't pigeonhole to one type of move.  I'd like him to bat more balls in air then snagging the int before any other player nearby is tall enough to win a jump ball vs Groot.  Good luck with that lol.  

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I keep seeing this clip and all I’m seeing is Tre sticking on Hill and Tua double clutching bc of it.  

I am sad.  

So sad.  Next man up.  I have confidence in the Dane, Benford and Elam into on the outside.  They just need to stay healthy.  JaMarcus Ingram is a nice Ps guy.  Let’s hope no one poaches him

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t disagree, but when Jones is your best DL by some margin and Ed is playing lights out you don’t want to take any of those guys off the field. 

Indeed it's nice to have lot of guy s making plays.  Maybe the pendulum is swinging ba k to defense wins championships for this year's post season. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mango said:

They still rotate, and part of that is game planning and down and distance.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

They still rotate, and part of that is game planning and down and distance.

Exactly. We're going to rotate guys anyways. Might as well throw in some new looks and wrinkles in certain situations to give the opponent even more to think about.

Is the opposite of the all DE "NASCAR" line: Oliver/Jones/Ford/Jonathan?

Edited by DrDawkinstein

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

PLaying as his is right now he is on pace for 

12.75 sacks (career best)

17 QB hits (career best)

17 TFL (career best)

4.25 FF (career best) 

not really too much to say how Groot is being used currently.

Crazy part is he is still only 17 years old!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.