The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You can give him a dominant run game if you like.... but if his decision making on pass plays is as bad as tonight you could have Barry Sanders and Jim Brown behind him and we'd be going nowhere. 

We didn't lose tonight because we lacked a run game. Cook ran reasonably well. We lost because our Quarterback made terrible decisions throwing the football.

It's not all about the running game per se.  It's more about having a weapon that can be used in a variety of ways to take some of the responsibility off of Josh.  Cook could be that.

Of course, the play design and QB decision making is a factor.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol excuses for Mr. Hollywood.  Blame everyone else and his “support system”.  It’s a joke.  Pull his head out of his butt.

Man some of you are so lame. The guy dates an actress and suddenly he is too into hollywood and not into football. such a stupid line of thought.

If he was any other QB on any other team, I would be calling him overrated but he’s our guy so I’ll support him. But I’m really tired of seeing Josh turn the ball over and being reckless with his body and the ball. It’s year 6 for him and still hasn’t learned. Josh hasn’t been the same since the GB game last year and I gave him the benefit of because of the injury but his play has definitely regressed. 

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not calling for his head.  I’m calling for him to pull his head of where it currently resides.  Honestly I don’t think he will do it on his own.  He needs an intervention from coaches, team and maybe parents to forget the Hollywood crap until he has won something.

Can’t be long before companies start pulling him from their national commercials.  He ain’t that guy.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The bailing clean pockets happened in that game too. I was thinking hopefully just pre-season he is taking zero risks of being hit.... but the same happened tonight. 

Hopefully he can adapt to having a pocket again. He went a year without having one and now he doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

Hopefully he can adapt to having a pocket again. He went a year without having one and now he doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

Yep. There might be some of that about it. He is dropping his eyes to the rush I think and that is a symptom of bad lines and ultimately on Brandon Beane.

• Agree 1

I love how all the Allen haters come out of the wood work the minute he has a really bad game. They all just want to be right. Patrick people in my opinion.

Yes Josh had a bad. 

Something is up for sure, I hope its nothing personal.

He was really trying to take those hits today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.