The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

6 hours ago, cgg716 said:

He was definitely trash, but even that included 70 percent completions. His coaches are trash, scheme doesn't fit the personnel on offense. And we invest money and resources into the D every year, only to never be able to stop the run. Excuses? Maybe, but the organization is a dumpster fire. Look no further than Kincaid and Elam. Problems run WAY deeper than josh

I thought the d was pretty good honestly…they defended short fields all night and gave up 16 points.  I would’ve said great if they were playing a qb better than Wilson lol

what was wrong with Kincaid? He was open all night. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

The commercials are getting to his head. Notice the best football he ever played was before the commercials started

The revisionist history on this still puzzles me…I keep hearing ‘it was Daboll, it was the commercials’ yada yada but josh has had a few absolute stinkers like this every year his entire career. 

24 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I thought the d was pretty good honestly…they defended short fields all night and gave up 16 points.  I would’ve said great if they were playing a qb better than Wilson lol

The revisionist history on this still puzzles me…I keep hearing ‘it was Daboll, it was the commercials’ yada yada but josh has had a few absolute stinkers like this every year his entire career. 

It's more frequent now. You're telling me he hasn't been worse the last 2 years ever since he started to get more popular and star in commercials? He's getting a big head. He did literally next to nothing commercial wise or popularity wise in 2020 or 2021 which, ironically were his 2 best seasons

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's more frequent now. You're telling me he hasn't been worse the last 2 years ever since he started to get more popular and star in commercials? He's getting a big head. He did literally next to nothing commercial wise or popularity wise in 2020 or 2021 which, ironically were his 2 best seasons

Yes I am lol. If you gave him the 2020/2021 bills oline last year he is the mvp bad elbow and all and the bills have a chance at 17-0…it has nothing to do with commercials.

when you have disciplined linebackers that can plug up his rushing lanes and pressure him with 4 he’s gonna struggle…he always has.  the jets did both those things extremely well as did the bengals in the playoff game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yes I am lol. If you gave him the 2020/2021 bills oline last year he is the mvp bad elbow and all and the bills have a chance at 17-0…it has nothing to do with commercials.

when you have disciplined linebackers that can plug up his rushing lanes and pressure him with 4 he’s gonna struggle…he always has.  the jets did both those things extremely well as did the bengals in the playoff game 

The Bills had a good oline in 2020 and 2021?

As Allen said. 

same ***** different year. 

All this play within himself.

going to play smarter

going to take what defense gives him. 

all lip service. At the end of the day I am thinking now this is who he is. Never going to change. 

that game was there for the win. Dorsey called a good game players open Josh JUST REFUSES not remain patient 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

D got eaten alive on the ground, good pressure yes, but if that's what you give up against Wilson, just wait until a real qb is on the schedule.

Kincaid and Elam are examples of the disconnect between the FO and the coaches. 2 TE offense should help in pass blocking and the run game, with lots of play action and runs from under center, like Gronk/Hernandez way back when, that won't work out of shotgun. And elam is a press man corner, doesn't fit into this trash scheme either. Beane definitely knew these things, and drafted them hoping for change, and stubborn clappy didn't budge

12 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

D got eaten alive on the ground, good pressure yes, but if that's what you give up against Wilson, just wait until a real qb is on the schedule.

Kincaid and Elam are examples of the disconnect between the FO and the coaches. 2 TE offense should help in pass blocking and the run game, with lots of play action and runs from under center, like Gronk/Hernandez way back when, that won't work out of shotgun. And elam is a press man corner, doesn't fit into this trash scheme either. Beane definitely knew these things, and drafted them hoping for change, and stubborn clappy didn't budge

Maybe this is a philosophical thing that I differ in, but giving up yards in the middle of the field doesn’t matter a whole lot if you’re tightening things up on your side of the field.  Seemed to be the case last night.  

Kincaid looked good last night to me…he was open all night and on the field a ton.  55 snaps and 38 routes.  Not his fault joshs brain somehow disintegrated at halftime.

Gotta completely disagree with you on that one.  Wouldn’t disagree about elam though I’m assuming they thought he was coachable to be a scheme fit but it may not have worked out 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe this is a philosophical thing that I differ in, but giving up yards in the middle of the field doesn’t matter a whole lot if you’re tightening things up on your side of the field.  Seemed to be the case last night.  

Kincaid looked good last night to me…he was open all night and on the field a ton.  55 snaps and 38 routes.  Not his fault joshs brain somehow disintegrated at halftime.

Gotta completely disagree with you on that one.  Wouldn’t disagree about elam though I’m assuming they thought he was coachable to be a scheme fit but it may not have worked out 

It'll all come crashing down because Beane knows both schemes suck, and drafted to try and force scheme changes that mcd won't make. So we're back to Josh trying to put square pegs in round holes on O. And it's left us with the worst version of this outdated D we will see, smaller, older, slower 

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

“Mediocre QB at best….”

Good lord some of these overreactions after a game.

Josh allen voted a top 10 player in this league by the players, but no you’re right…

Hes around the 17-22nd best QB in this league 🙄

Those are stupid statements, but Josh has proven time and again that when he is frustrated by 2 high safety or solid D, he has no discipline or the will to take what the D gives. He gets reckless -- thinks he can do it himself. Now he's picked up where he left off last year -- a turnover machine. He has no sense for situational football. 3rd and 2 with a TE open five yards away he rifles it way downfield into tight coverage. Just move the damn chains in a tight game Josh, but no. He goes into reckless mode. I can't hear his post game "I need to do a better job of protecting the ball" anymore. Be the Josh we saw last year against the Rams and stop the goddamn hero ball. DCs are taking away your favorite plays Josh and the downfield opportunities won't open back up until you discipline yourself with the short game. It's time to mature.

• Agree 1

We shouldn’t be surprised. Allen and the bills offense struggled against the Jets defense twice last year. The Jets defense is probably even better this year than they were last year. Absolutely not shocking at all that the offense and Allen were terrible last night.

The only silver lining is that the bills won’t play a better defense, than the Jets. Unfortunately, they have to play them one more time though.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We shouldn’t be surprised. Allen and the bills offense struggled against the Jets defense twice last year. The Jets defense is probably even better this year than they were last year. Absolutely not shocking at all that the offense and Allen were terrible last night.

The only silver lining is that the bills won’t play a better defense, than the Jets. Unfortunately, they have to play them one more time though.

Dallas D better

Just now, Gary Marangi said:

Dallas D better

I don’t think so. They’re not as complete as the Jets. Plus factor in this Jets game was on the road Dallas D will be playing in Buffalo.

Jets D on the road is literally the toughest defense the bills will play this year. But Dallas is likely the third toughest.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t think so. They’re not as complete as the Jets. Plus factor in this Jets game was on the road Dallas D will be playing in Buffalo.

Jets D on the road is literally the toughest defense the bills will play this year. But Dallas is likely the third toughest.

We play the Jets again, the Pats twice, and the Eagles and the Cowboys. They need to solve this.

Just now, Believer said:

Biggest mistake Beane made with Allen was paying him a Super Bowl contract before he won an AFC title…

Biggest mistake Pegula made was paying Beane and McDermott before they won an AFC title…

There was never a doubt about locking Allen up long-term.  There still isn't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.