The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Tough day for the "Trade Josh/We're stuck with him for at least three years/He sucks!!" crowd 🤐

Most of the crowd were annoyed because they could see what happened today was possible - it just relied on Josh using his head as well as his body.

One weird hurdle aside, he did just that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Most of the crowd were annoyed because they could see what happened today was possible - it just relied on Josh using his head as well as his body.

Oh don't get me wrong, I also thought he was ridiculous last week with what he was doing/trying to do. It's just that, it was ONE game, and people were not looking at the overall picture. I fully place that loss on him, but his haters/people who wait/want for him to fail came out in full force and tried to gaslight people into thinking he isn't special. It was silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Dorsey got his head out of his  .. and Josh took the correct vitamins today.

Twas a fine effort all around

lets move on.

We sucked last week

we were awesome. Today

I prefer awesome or at least pretty good

Next :)

• Like (+1) 1

i know we are traumatized as Bills fans by QBs who fall off a cliff, get figured out etc etc. and alot of us tend to over react to a bad game by JA... but he has enuff off a track record now to keep us all from being chicken littles. so the next time he has a bad game try to resist starting a thread of doom and cluttering the forum with bad takes

Edited by billybob71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, BringBackFergy said:

ONE game...ONE friggin' game, and the Negative Nellies come out in full force.

Was it a disappointing performance by Allen? Yes

Did the special teams lose the game? Sure

Have we (as Bills fans) waited for a franchise QB for 20+ years? Yes

Do we have a QB right now who has won us many more games than he lost for us? Yes

Can't wait to see how this thread develops over the season.  Mega posts when we lose...silence when we win.

Bump

crickets GIF

On 9/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, Aimee75 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I also thought he was ridiculous last week with what he was doing/trying to do. It's just that, it was ONE game, and people were not looking at the overall picture. I fully place that loss on him, but his haters/people who wait/want for him to fail came out in full force and tried to gaslight people into thinking he isn't special. It was silly.

I don't think they did in this thread. Maybe one or two. Most people were very sensibly talking about the extent and reasons for a downturn in performance that reached its nadir in New Jersey but has its routes back at least to the middle of last season.

There may have been a troll or two saying Josh isn't good but for the most part that was not the response.

On 9/17/2023 at 4:04 PM, billybob71 said:

i know we are traumatized as Bills fans by QBs who fall off a cliff, get figured out etc etc. and alot of us tend to over react to a bad game by JA... but he has enuff off a track record now to keep us all from being chicken littles. so the next time he has a bad game try to resist starting a thread of doom and cluttering the forum with bad takes

Bingo.  We all agreed that Allen really struggled in week one and cost the Bills the game with his careless TO's.  Where a lot of us parted ways was in taking that one game and extrapolating it to all sorts of gloom & doom scenarios.  Allen's track record over the last 3 seasons speaks for itself and it should have reassured people that he was going to bounce back in a big way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How is this thread doing?  Hmmmmm. Allen just got his 11th afc offensive player of the week…one more than Kelly. Oh yeah…he also has the most 3 td and 80% completion rate games before a player turned 30. And he’s 27.  Go away doubters. This guy is our franchise qb and will be for a long time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.