The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

That drive to tie the game was pretty clutch, but extremely deflating loss. People gotta understand who Josh Allen is. He’s Brett Favre that can truck people. He will never be Tom Brady. 

He seemed to wake up in that drive, but then made a mess of the one in OT, though the 2 and 15 call was baffling, to put it politely.

Just now, Mango said:

Josh doesn’t need the be run out of town. 

He isn’t terrible. 

He’s great. 

He also deserves 90% of the criticism in this thread for this game. 

People can vent without wanting to trade their QB. 

Today is the first day since 2019 where I am having doubts that Josh will be our starting QB in 3 years, personally.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

Josh doesn’t need the be run out of town. 

He isn’t terrible. 

He’s great. 

He also deserves 90% of the criticism in this thread for this game. 

People can vent without wanting to trade their QB. 

I think most of us just want to see Allen doing something to get better. Consult with Brady, work on short game passing, be a surgeon and not a hero. Hero ball rarely wins you a Super Bowl, its precision and game managing by not turning the ball over. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TurfToeJam said:

Bills current coaches are coaching Allen as if he is a traditional pocket passer.  Which he is not.  Dabol utilized Allen's strengths which includes Allen's legs to force defenses to spy and respect the threat of designed Allen run plays.  

That 3rd INT was the worst INT since Peterman.  That’s not coaching. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Today is the first day since 2019 where I am having doubts that Josh will be our starting QB in 3 years, personally.

This was Josh’s first “never been so locked in” and “I’m all ball game”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

Hero ball rarely wins you a Super Bowl, its precision and game managing by not turning the ball over. 

Josh is reminding me of Brett Favre again. Which isn’t who we want him to be, but who does have a Super Bowl ring …

There was a span of games where the short precision passing game was clicking in both 2021 and 2022. What happened?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Followed by the two fumbles which shows he’s shot mentally.

I don’t think he’s shot. But he’s erratic and plus far too loose at times. 

Even his “short game” in the second half felt like nothing but throws behind the line of scrimmage. 

6 minutes ago, TurfToeJam said:

Bills current coaches are coaching Allen as if he is a traditional pocket passer.  Which he is not.  Dabol utilized Allen's strengths which includes Allen's legs to force defenses to spy and respect the threat of designed Allen run plays.  

I definitely think you're onto something here.  Daboll used him as a true dual threat in the passing game. And anytime he went a little sideways, Dabs would call a designed run for him to get back into the game mentally.  Dorsey just asks him to drop back and be a traditional pocket passer.

Just now, FireChans said:

I’m in two minds about this. Quarterbacks can have awful performances in the regular season but win the Super Bowl, so this could be taken as a potential outlier. I recall Brady absolutely stinking the place out against the Saints the year the Bucs won it.

Except… except… nothing new happened tonight. We had seen it all before. Every weakness Josh has was exposed and most of them are mental. The signs were there last year yet, despite the post and pre season, where he even said he knows what he has to do, he did not do it when he takes to the field.

If he starts against the Raiders in the same fashion I’d be tempted to pull him for a series and put Kyle Allen out there. A warning shot to get himself in order or else. He has the physical attributes to be the best quarterback in the league but the mental side lets him down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.