If the Bills win tonight, does the narrative change?

ChicagoRic

I'm sure regardless of the outcome, it will change the narrative. But it shouldn't. One game, especially early on, doesn't make a season. 

Good teams have lost early games or openers and gone on to win it all. And not-so-good teams have won those games and not followed through with good seasons.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5

KC and Cincy have had early season struggles in past years and still overcome them to make the Super Bowl, so their narratives shouldn't change all that much.

As for winner of Jets/Bills, I think if Jets win they should be considered a contender...their D is pretty amazing and they brought in some nice players. Bills narrative should remain the same, win or lose, good team that struggles to win the big playoff games (only one way to change that narrative).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

The narrative means nothing.  We were the favorites for half of 2022, until we weren’t.  

In the greater scheme of things, this game isn’t THAT important.  Staying healthy, learning and improving week by week is what’s important 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I mean the question isn't will it matter in the end, which it's a division game so the result might actually be important in the end, but will it change the narrative and obviously it would. The narrative right now is the Bills regressing and being done while the Dolphins and Jets pass them to take the division. So yeah smacking the taste out the Jets mouth would send a message that you forgot who the Bills are.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

With KC and the Bengals both suffering losses, I'm super curious as to how the narrative might change.

If the Bills win, are they "re-legitimized"?

If the Jets win, are they the sudden SB favorites?

Can't wait to see how this plays out. 

I think they have been pretty legitimate all off-season, but are in the tightest division in the tighter conference and because of that 1-2 games could be the difference between Super Bowl contender vs watching playoffs from the couch 

Here's your Tuesday morning spoiler alert on the narrative in either event.

Bills lose:

"We told you, Jets are for real. Dolphins are for real and the Bills window is slammed shut. It's all over."

Bills win:

"Nice win, but you can't read too much into it. It's week one and a long season. Look, the Chiefs and Bengals both lost week 1 just like the Jets and we know Aaron Rodgers will get it figured out just like Mahomes and Burrow."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

32 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

With KC and the Bengals both suffering losses, I'm super curious as to how the narrative might change.

I forget which one, might have been mcaffe talked proactively about being excited for extreme overreactions to everything that happens week1.  It think they plan a segment to deliberately over react 😂 

59 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Jets are already SB favorites with some experts.. I think a win tonight just keeps the Bills firmly as the team to beat in the East. A loss puts you with KC and Cincy.. aka no big deal it’s 1 game on the road.. (unless it’s a blowout then people may be concerned)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.