Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he genuinely loves Buffalo and is going to stay the course.  Only way I see him leaving would be towards the very end of his career like Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Farve.

They named a hospital wing after his grandmother.  

He is getting the publicity, the commercials, the attention now....and has a Hollywood GF while being in Buffalo.

You feel that way because YOU love the Bills.    It's what we do.   We project the way we feel onto players and coaches that we like or are optimistic about.   It's the same phenomenon we have here when new people are hired.   Everyone presumes that the new people see things the same as they do because the last people clearly did not.   We saw it with McDermott and Beane.   For most,  everything they did was greeted with unquestioned support.   Over time the faith in McDermott in particular has eroded.   Now they think he can't see what they do.   The next guy would.

I think we'd be lying if we said the guy we thought Josh Allen was in 2020 is the same guy we think he is now.    Back then he was seen as having Tom Brady's single-minded desire about improving himself as a football player.   He was a grounded guy with the same girl forever and would settle down and not look back because he was raised that way.   That narrative has gradually changed.   We've re-set our expectations of him professionally and personally.   

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I am flipping back and forth between TBD and SabresSpace today and on one board Josh Allen is demanding a trade because he hates Sean McDermott (there is no indication that this is true in any way) and on the other board, the team is getting sold and moved (all because of someone on Twitter who posts under the name 12oz sports). Buffalo sports fans are like a toxic slurry of misery and confirmation bias. If our teams aren't actively in the process of making us miserable, we'll invent stuff to make ourselves miserable. Misery is our natural state. My theory is that it all stems from an inferiority complex that comes from growing up in WNY when the place was not nice at all and Johnny Carson used to make fun of us weekly.  Everybody hates us and we don't deserve nice things. 

I haven't seen anyone on TSW suggest Josh Allen wants a trade because he hates Sean McDermott.    Never seen that once on TSW.

Yes, Buffalo sports fans have been beaten down by never winning a SB or Stanley Cup and a lot of unfortunate turns of event.  

But your gross exaggeration of what's been said.......and your mental health related screen name..........leads me to believe you might be dealing with some mental health issues. 

Star players change teams if they think it furthers their careers.   Very few of them play their entire career in one place.  LeBron left his home town TWICE to chase titles.   He has a hell of a lot more invested in Ohio than JA has in WNY.   

It's a business not a personal attack on fans.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pro sports are a business.   

If he turns into a Cam Newton-sized pumpkin in two years then the Bills won't be offering him another 5 year extension, will they?

So it's naive to not realize the real possibility that a star might decide to change teams to benefit his career.  

I'm not a McDermott hater but even I know a significant faction of Bills fans are certain that McDermott is wasting Josh Allen's career.

Don't be surprised if the Bills don't land a top WR in this draft if the national media Bills-talk shifts from Stefon Diggs drama to talking up the idea that Allen should leave Buffalo so he can have a perceived "fair fight" with Mahomes.    

Won't hurt the league's feelings any for Mahomes/Allen to turn into a SB matchup either.

He loves southern CA.   He'd be awesome for the Rams.    

The Niners are his boyhood team.  

McVay and Shanahan have been to 4 SB's and lost 3 because they were out-gunned at QB.    

Neither organization has any long term commitments at QB.   Don't think they haven't pondered the possibility of landing Josh Allen.    And the return for Buffalo would be a joke compared to the loss.

Makes way too much sense and in 2025 Josh Allen reaches that half-way point of his deal and has a $60M cap hit.   $25M of that is a roster bonus.   He has leverage to force his way out.   

Not sure why this is getting heat

It's a very realistic scenario imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think almost everyone agrees that Allen has been left in the dust of Mahomes' history making.

But I really doubt Josh Allen feels that way.

Going 1-0 against Mahomes in the SB would draw him a lot closer in the court of public opinion than some might think.     The excuse would be made that he'd been playing with one hand tied behind his back with McDermott as his coach.    

It feels over,   but it's not.

When Manning finally won his first,  it put him back in the potential best-of-his-generation conversation because he had always been so much better statistically than Brady.   The subsequent 18-0 Patriots regular season really changed the perception of Brady from product of Belichick's system to truly great individual performer.

And then at one time Ben Roethlisberger drew within 3-2 of Tom Brady in SB wins.......and the Steelers future looked so bright that it was all but presumed he'd catch and pass Bradshaw's 4 at least.    The Pats went 10 years between SB wins #3 and #4.    

Yeah good points, although I’d push back on Allen gaining any type of meaningful foothold in the Mahomes/Allen debate simply by a SB victory over him, other than Bills fans and those who are truly open to having their minds changed.

If Allen were to add a couple MVPs and continues to set all time TD records like he’s currently doing than I think it’s a real debate if he were to beat Mahomes in a SB, but like other posters have already stated, Allen seems to be motivated by winning and being a great teammate and jumping ship to a perceived better opportunity is less likely for him than maybe others. The connection to the community he’s established is pretty strong.

The point about the Pats going 10 years between SBs is a good one, some people are under the impression KC will go to or win the SB every year, that’s not going to happen and Allen has to take advantage of those seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, beebe said:

I hate that he beats our team, especially in the playoffs, but at the end of the day, he’s just doing what they pay him to do. He deserves a lot of credit and all you can do is tip your hat

• Agree 12

8 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I hate that he beats our team, especially in the playoffs, but at the end of the day, he’s just doing what they pay him to do. He deserves a lot of credit and all you can do is tip your hat

Meh... ***** him. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I respect trying to hand his headband and what not off to a kid, I'm guessing, but man in that situation after winning that game in that environment get the ***** out, you don't need to put yourself in that situation.

• Agree 3

I think Patrick is probably a good person.

I know he is a good football player in a good system with a good coach.

I can’t stand his entitled attitude when things (rarely) don’t go his way. The tantrum during our first game last year was pretty revealing unfortunately. He did not handle adversity well, which he has been fortunate to not face much of during his career.

I really don’t like his family minus his kids lol. His wife is irritating and pompous, his brother is an absolute loser, and his dad just got another DWI and will likely not face any real consequences for his terrible decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)

He’s very good obviously. I hate him because he is a whiney biotch. He replaced Brady as the bad sportsmanship complainer who cries and moans when he doesn’t get his way. 

What makes it worse is the refs feed into it all. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)

Maybe I am in the minority, but I am much more frustrated with other players on their team over the years like Kelce and Hill.

Sure, Mahomes is the QB and he has been pretty good at times against us, but to me, those other guys have hurt us a heck of a lot more.  I would make the argument our own coaches have hurt us more than Mahomes has.  Don't get me wrong, I still respect the stuff he's been able to do, but many times, at least against our defense, he's throwing to guys running wide open a lot of the time.

Edited by sven233
  • Eyeroll 1