Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

Yeah, yeah, and the minute they lose a close game bc the refs are asleep at the wheel, etc. the irrational idiots who dominate this board will pull all their knives out looking for McD's head.  

I'll say it again, with all the moves they've made this year (eg.  swapping Edmunds for Bernard - great, patient development there in spite of fan idiocy,  Douglas / Joseph in for Jones/White midseason, etc etc etc. , patiently solving the Milano replacement dilemma, today's  payoff from the totally under-the-radar hiring of Joe Brady in 2022, etc etc ) and overcoming midseason injuries on and off  the field McBeanes are killing it.   

Sticking to the "Process" of constant roster improvement with quality people without chasing the cap busting shiny objects is the engine behind all this.   With the young guns coming up, they'll be contenders for years.  

and Ty Dunne, that ba-tard, I hope he got all the clicks he wanted for Christmas with his holiday hit job in McD.   f him

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

You can potentially fault McD for waiting too long on firing Dorsey, but he eventually came to the right conclusion

100% agree. 
McD gets credit for it and probably saved his job too. Win AFCE and McD timing would be perfection (let Dorsey run to the last moment necessary). Nobody expected this dramatic a shift

Edited by Since1981

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Anomaly=Dorsey's playcalling 

Yeah, hopefully.  But we weren't like that all last season under him or for the first few games this season.  

Just sayin'.

And the D wasn't great either during those six games.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

You can potentially fault McD for waiting too long on firing Dorsey, but he eventually came to the right conclusion.  Brady has been a ray of sunshine, and McD has done a nice job with the defense considering the losses we’ve had this year.  The additions of Joseph and Douglas have been a steal.

And yet at the time many people said Dorsey did not deserve to be fired, that he was a “scapegoat.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

And yet at the time many people said Dorsey did not deserve to be fired, that he was a “scapegoat.”

Those people were ignorant, in the worse sense of the word.  This means they were spouting opinions based on that ignorance, not knowing or understanding the situation. 

What I could not believe was that ignorance also included some Bills fans, those who have been watching the Bills closely-?, hopefully reading about them, and getting and by accessing all of the information we had on DSorsey and this team over the last few years.

Dorsey was my #1 concern heading into last season, and #1 with a bullet at the end of last year and into this season.  He is the sole reason this team is not leading the AFC and on their way to home field throughout the playoffs.  This is also true of last year, though this team has better offensive and defensive lines.

That take on the Dorsey firing is as ignorant, and for the same reasons stated above, as those saying that the run game isn't vital, that it is all about the passing game for the Bills (and in the NFL in general).

Edited by Mister Defense

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Bills put themselves in this situation but just like we're not guaranteed playoffs, we have a path to the 1 seed as Rich Eisen pointed out. Just win, if we win out I don't see anyway we miss out and likely at least win division,  just don't see Mia beating Dal and Bal. 

I can see them beating Dallass but the Dirty Birds will be very hard for them

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's no way we'd lose to NE after our first encounter.  It's the unknown motivation of the Chargers after Staley's firing that concerns me. We have to take control early.

There is no sure win in the NFL. NE can beat the Bills even though they stink. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills have been one of the best December and January teams under McDermott. It’s not anything new. We just don’t appreciate it.

December, yes.  But wouldn't say we have been one of the best January teams, unless you count playoff disasters/unprepared teams as "best."  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea we didn't "almost lose" to Tampa. Almost ever hail mary you can play the "if guy X did Y that coulda been complete" they are complete once in an absolute blue moon. We did almost lose to the Giants. The offense was absolutely atrocious that night. I think that was the point at which Dorsey could have been fired and looking back now probably should have been. 

Of all the games we've played this year, that Giants win absolutely infuriated me. Besides the fact we should've lost, I've never seen our offense look so pathetic against such a mediocre team. Dorsey should've been fired immediately after that game.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You can potentially fault McD for waiting too long on firing Dorsey, but he eventually came to the right conclusion.  Brady has been a ray of sunshine, and McD has done a nice job with the defense considering the losses we’ve had this year.  The additions of Joseph and Douglas have been a steal.

He eventually came to the right conclusion on Peterman.  What's scary is how long it takes him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

If the Bills lose to an inferior team (Chargers or Pats) yet again, then I won't sweat not making the playoffs.  In my view they would totally not deserve a berth and would be a fraudulent good team.

If they beat those two clubs, and lose to Miami in a defacto playoff game...and still not get in then so be it.  The early losses sunk them and it would always be "what could have been" 

Zow, this is the take.  I concur.

BTW, if we get to the final game of the season and win, BUT Miami goes 2-0 over the next two weeks with wins over Baltimore and Dallas, guess what...they deserved the division then.  Nothing we can do about it after the fact.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, hopefully.  But we weren't like that all last season under him or for the first few games this season.  

Just sayin'.

And the D wasn't great either during those six games.  

I'm not sure I agree. I termed it "situationally bad offense" and a lot of other folks had a similar take. Dorsey only looked good in aggregated box scores - his offense failed the eye test a ton last year. Everything looked difficult for long stretches of the season.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

NYT playoff simulator has them at 68% and the Vegas odds are at -210 to make the playoffs the last time I checked.  If the Bills drop one of their next three they still are at about 50 to 70% to make the playoffs depending on which game we lose.

Oh wow. That's much better than I thought. Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

December, yes.  But wouldn't say we have been one of the best January teams, unless you count playoff disasters/unprepared teams as "best."  

They are still one of the best. I know fans believe it’s easy to win playoff games and make super bowl’s, but it’s not. 

34 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Just wondering have you looked up his playoff record? 

He’s pretty good. 

5 hours ago, Dr. K said:

My only criticism of McD was that he waited as long as he did to pull the trigger on Dorsey.

They both go back to the Carolina days, but it was clear he was either in over his head or simply not a good fit for the role after last season.

The numbers for the offense last year were deceptive because they had a great start to the season, then teams adjusted and our offense was becoming a turnover machine when not going 3 and out. Josh was regressing and we were barely sqeaking out wins down the wire and finally ended the season in a wimper against the Bengals.

I am sure making that switch this year was hard, but what we have seen to date is an offense that seems to be better prepared with a game plan for opponents and executing at a higher level.

The confusion, mistakes, turnovers, and pre-snap penalties were just snowballing under Dorsey.

McD does have a defensive system that relies on having types of players that fit that system, and he has been snake bit with injuries and they could not protect an offense that was struggling to put up points.

Would be nice if the fickle gods of football give us a break on that side of the ball and we get some of those key guys back healthy.

Bean has done a masterful job finding good replacement players and it is great to see some of the young blood starting to step up and grow into contributing roles.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Those people were ignorant, in the worse sense of the word.  This means they were spouting opinions based on that ignorance, not knowing or understanding the situation. 

What I could not believe was that ignorance also included some Bills fans, those who have been watching the Bills closely-?, hopefully reading about them, and getting and by accessing all of the information we had on DSorsey and this team over the last few years.

Dorsey was my #1 concern heading into last season, and #1 with a bullet at the end of last year and into this season.  He is the sole reason this team is not leading the AFC and on their way to home field throughout the playoffs.  This is also true of last year, though this team has better offensive and defensive lines.

That take on the Dorsey firing is as ignorant, and for the same reasons stated above, as those saying that the run game isn't vital, that it is all about the passing game for the Bills (and in the NFL in general).

I wasn't a fan of Dorsey's rookie year.  It seemed the offense got worse as the year progressed.  Dorsey emerging from Daboll's shadow seemed to be a bad thing.  But the stat gurus get churning out metrics saying how good our offense was.  

It's hard to know why McD kept him.  Maybe because of the analytics.  Maybe because of the Dorsey-Allen relationship.  And for a while this year, when we were beating teams by 28+, things looked good.  But relying on Josh's heroics - instead of game-planning open receivers and fat running lanes - wasn't sustainable.  

But Dorsey isn't the only reason this year has been disappointing thus far.  There have been defensive lapses too.   And those were partly caused by another year of catastrophic injuries to key defensive players.  

14 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Peter King has an uncanny knack of stating the obvious in way too many words.

Peter is better than a lot of the national media guy and actually has real inside sources.

But this board knows the Bills better than King or virtually anyone else reporting on the entire league.  

• Agree 1