Officials allowed the Chiefs to cheat the entire game

Gisele

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Spencer Brown breathes before the snap....FLAG!!! 

If Sauce Ahmad Gardner pulls Diggs jersey for 10 yards..... _________________________ 

FTFY. This guy gets veteran treatment from the league because he became famous before playing a single NFL down because he has a cool nickname. Remember Snacks Harrison? And you think this is bad? Next year we're getting Kool-Aid Mckinstry. They're just gonna let him straight tackle receivers. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Well, he observed one thing negative.

Can you imagine Collinsworth TBD if McDermott made some of the choices and Josh made some of the throws Mahomes made last night?  Going for it on 4th and 20, 4th and 25?  Some of the throws that were missed?

Fixed :)

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

That's fine, but the problem is that it's not being called (or no-called) consistently.

Even in that game, the refs finally called it - right at a critical moment, after not calling it all game.

In one game, they'll call it multiple times, in another they'll let it slide.

Because of the inconsistancy, I don't buy Simms and your explanation about "changing the rules without changing them".

Nothing is ever called consistently. I am just saying that linemen are given more leeway than in the past because they're facing far better athletes than their predecessors were 25-30 years ago or so, especially since the league decided it wanted to be a passing league with fewer injured QBs. Good big-men athletes get fed into the d-line from early on; the lesser specimens become o-linemen. There are of course some good o-line athletes, but on average they're measurably inferior.  

You know, scrubbing that video above kind of changes my mind on this. Pause it at 4 seconds and then scrub watching the RT and the ball. He moves as soon as the center moves the ball, but the rest of the line doesn't move until the ball is halfway to Mahomes. The top of his helmet is also right at the waistline of the center. If you look at the OL, Taylor is the only one who's looking at the ball in the center's hand. He can do that because he's lined up so far back. The rest of them are going by sound. Light travels much faster than sound. I've been screaming about this all day, but Taylor may actually be in the right here. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You know, scrubbing that video above kind of changes my mind on this. Pause it at 4 seconds and then scrub watching the RT and the ball. He moves as soon as the center moves the ball, but the rest of the line doesn't move until the ball is halfway to Mahomes. The top of his helmet is also right at the waistline of the center. If you look at the OL, Taylor is the only one who's looking at the ball in the center's hand. He can do that because he's lined up so far back. The rest of them are going by sound. Light travels much faster than sound. I've been screaming about this all day, but Taylor may actually be in the right here. 

Start it at the 2 second mark and watch in slow motion.  Taylor is already jumping out of his stance and moving his upper body backward a full second before the snap.  Thats a false start on top of illegal formation.  By the time the ball is snapped hes just continuing the motion.  Why the refs let him rock back and forth and twitch his feet all night is a mystery to me.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Start it at the 2 second mark and watch in slow motion.  Taylor is already jumping out of his stance and moving his upper body backward a full second before the snap.  Thats a false start on top of illegal formation.  By the time the ball is snapped hes just continuing the motion.  Why the refs let him rock back and forth and twitch his feet all night is a mystery to me.

You're right. He spends an entire 2 seconds rocking and forth. He never really sets.

From the 1st quarter on I couldn't believe my eyes. Taylor was rising early on every single snap. Their LT wasn't.  Did this guy get a "all-game coupon" for false starts from Steve Carell?  And on top of that he was nearly 2 yards off the line. We know that Mahomes is the new Brady Golden boy but good Lord NFL, enforce your own rules.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I agree with all of this. If the penalty is not going to be called, then the league should remove any pretext and just amend the rule and allow OTs to line up behind the center’s ass when they want to. It makes no sense to have rules if there is no intention of enforcing them. 

Think they rather leave them as is and just call penalties when it suits their objectives and yes the league does seem to have some objectives at times over which team wins any particular game.  It's not so much the league is scripted as it just makes it easier for to get outcomes it seems to prefer.  

36 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The guard  is lined up with his helmet breaking the center’s hip like he should be. Taylor is lined up with his helmet breaking the guard’s hip, which puts his helmet behind the center’s ass, which is illegal according to the rules. The OT must also line up with his helmet in line with the center’s hip. That is clear as day in the clip above.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

He did the same thing in Jacksonville last year in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The guard  is lined up with his helmet breaking the center’s hip like he should be. Taylor is lined up with his helmet breaking the guard’s hip, which puts his helmet behind the center’s ass, which is illegal according to the rules. The OT must also line up with his helmet in line with the center’s hip. That is clear as day in the clip above.

I see that now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.