Travis Kelce Hyperextends Knee

HappyDays

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Celebrating other teams’ injuries is bad mojo. I hate seeing anyone hurt, especially great players. Zero excuses for them when they Bills beat them. 

What bad stuff is going to happen if I'm glad that Kelce may be out for a while? Who cares about excuses when you win? Every team has injuries. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Celebrating other teams’ injuries is bad mojo. I hate seeing anyone hurt, especially great players. Zero excuses for them when they Bills beat them. 

Agreed.  We don't want to be like the Chiefs with their embarrassing Super Bowl "title" only because we lost Von and half of our defense to go along with the Damar incident...  We don't need an asterisk like that!

We are only interested in beating teams at their best!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha. You’re not afraid of the team that goes to every championship game and has won 2 SBs? Well, that is a take. 

But the Bills have beat them 2 of the past 3 and we all know it should be 3/3. I see where he is coming from. I certainly respect the Chiefs and I think if every team plays their best on a given day the Chiefs are the best team in the AFC. But I think the point he is making which is the Bills have proven they can match up and go toe to toe with KC but haven't proven that with Cincy is fair. Reasonable to wonder if that is a worse match up for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Agreed.  We don't want to be like the Chiefs with their embarrassing Super Bowl "title" only because we lost Von and half of our defense to go along with the Damar incident...  We don't need an asterisk like that!

I know you are being sarcastic, but I also think of the Pats* division titles and SBs with this in mind

You think any Pats* fan cares that they swept the division when QBs were Losman, Pennington and Joey Harrington?

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm a Detroit Lions fan Thursday, and I don't care who knows it!

Lions have a good chance of winning that IMO.  

The Lions lost five games last season by 3 (three) or 4 (two), all five of which were against playoff teams.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The Lions lost six games last season by 3 (three) or 4 (three), five of which were against playoff teams.  

If Kelce is out….paired with Jones missing the game, that KC home crowd better bring it.  They could be in trouble.  

if Kelce had torn his acl, their season would’ve been over.  See how this works.  Lots of luck involved 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But the Bills have beat them 2 of the past 3 and we all know it should be 3/3. I see where he is coming from. I certainly respect the Chiefs and I think if every team plays their best on a given day the Chiefs are the best team in the AFC. But I think the point he is making which is the Bills have proven they can match up and go toe to toe with KC but haven't proven that with Cincy is fair. Reasonable to wonder if that is a worse match up for Buffalo. 

This whole Cincy thing is outta hand.  We played them in 1 game where we just didn't show up. I know it's the last impression but it's such an overblown take on here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, JerseyBills said:

This whole Cincy thing is outta hand.  We played them in 1 game where we just didn't show up. I know it's the last impression but it's such an overblown take on here. 

Agree, we didn't. Bu the point stands everyone knows the Bills can go toe to toe with the Chiefs and beat them. That is unproven with the Bengals. That doesn't mean we can't it means it is an unknown and I can understand people pondering that. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

True but the Hamlin game they were moving the ball on us rather easily also

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The Lions lost five games last season by 3 (three) or 4 (two), all five of which were against playoff teams.  

Yea the Lions equally have to prove that they can beat a playoff team. They were playing the "plucky underdog" last year. There is legit expectation this time. I think they will come up just short again on Thursday night and lose by one score again. That is the hump they need to show they can get over. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The Bengals should be favored to win the North, but they are going to have the hands full with the other teams. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Ravens win the division. If Pickett shows he is the real deal, then the Steelers are in the mix for the North as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Will still be taking Chiefs -5 

In my company's office pool I am getting 6.5 with the Lions. I took Detroit. Without Jones I think the Lions will be able to move the ball and score enough to keep it within a TD. I wouldn't be surprised if they win outright especially if Kelce can't go.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

If Kelce is out you like them -5 huh?

I do. The Lions will be good this year, but KC wins by at least 6 at home here. Reid has a few days to gameplan around Kelce, granted that's not an easy task. I don't see Goff/Gibbs/Amon Ra keeping up with KC week 1, especially with it being in KC, opening night, and superbowl celebration pregame. Big night for them though and I'd like to be wrong.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree, we didn't. Bu the point stands everyone knows the Bills can go toe to toe with the Chiefs and beat them. That is unproven with the Bengals. That doesn't mean we can't it means it is an unknown and I can understand people pondering that. 

What’s also unproven is beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. Yeah coaching blunders yada yada. Fact remains 0-2 in the playoffs against that team. Until that changes they are still the biggest threat imo. Oh btw they beat those dreaded Bengals in the AFC Championship game last year. Not sure if some people know that around here. They seem to talk about the Bengals like they’re the defending champs. Smh. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I do. The Lions will be good this year, but KC wins by at least 6 at home here. Reid has a few days to gameplan around Kelce, granted that's not an easy task. I don't see Goff/Gibbs/Amon Ra keeping up with KC week 1, especially with it being in KC, opening night, and superbowl celebration pregame. Big night for them though and I'd like to be wrong.

It’s now KC -4.5

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

The Bengals should be favored to win the North, but they are going to have the hands full with the other teams. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Ravens win the division. If Pickett shows he is the real deal, then the Steelers are in the mix for the North as well.

Browns should be much improved as well 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

The over is a virtual lock. KC can score against anybody as long as Mahomes is pulling the trigger. Lions defense was bad last year. With CJ out for KC Goff should have plenty of time to work with. He’s terrible when pressured. I see this thing going back and forth with Detroit eventually not keeping up. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

What’s also unproven is beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. Yeah coaching blunders yada yada. Fact remains 0-2 in the playoffs against that team. Until that changes they are still the biggest threat imo. Oh btw they beat those dreaded Bengals in the AFC Championship game last year. Not sure if some people know that around here. They seem to talk about the Bengals like they’re the defending champs. Smh. 

The point isn't about who is the biggest threat though, the point is about matchups. The NFL is a matchups league. It is why when people say stuff like Team A only beat Team B by 3 but Team C beat Team B by 20 ergo Team C is better than Team A.... it is just nonsense. Nobody can have a perfect team in the parity of the NFL. Every team has strengths and weaknesses and they match up to different opponents differently. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

One thing for injuries to happen. Another thing to celebrate it. 

2 hours ago, nucci said:

What bad stuff is going to happen if I'm glad that Kelce may be out for a while? Who cares about excuses when you win? Every team has injuries. 

I am personally blaming you when a bills player gets hurt!

I think booing other grown men and cheering when they get hurt is weird af. But I’m a weirdo and I actually like Kelce. 

I get it but the bengals have won nothing and the Chiefs have 2 SBs. 

I believe the 90s Bills had a great regular season record against the nfc during the SB years. I know they beat the Giants during the SB 25 season. Does anyone care about those wins? 

Yea the Lions equally have to prove that they can beat a playoff team. They were playing the "plucky underdog" last year. There is legit expectation this time. I think they will come up just short again on Thursday night and lose by one score again. That is the hump they need to show they can get over. 

Agree on the big-game aspect of that, however, they did beat the Vikes, Jags, and Giants last season too though, and their offense played @ Jets better than we did generally speaking as well.  I discount that Giants win somewhat, as the Giants weren't as good as many had indicated IMO.  They started 6-1, courtesy of an easy schedule featuring wins over four teams with losing records and the Jags who were 2-4 entering that game and went 2-6 before they found their stride, before fading and finishing 3-6-1.  Having said that, I'd put them at about a 9-7 team that they ended up as.  

Otherwise, the Lions did beat the Vikes, and the Jags after they had entered their 7-2 finale uptick.  So that is favorable.  

IMO the Jags are going to be very competitive this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Agree on the big-game aspect of that, however, they did beat the Vikes, Jags, and Giants last season too though, and their offense played @ Jets better than we did generally speaking as well.  I discount that Giants win somewhat, as the Giants weren't as good as many had indicated IMO.  They started 6-1, courtesy of an easy schedule featuring wins over four teams with losing records and the Jags who were 2-4 entering that game and went 2-6 before they found their stride, before fading and finishing 3-6-1.  Having said that, I'd put them at about a 9-7 team that they ended up as.  

Otherwise, the Lions did beat the Vikes, and the Jags after they had entered their 7-2 finale uptick.  So that is favorable.  

IMO the Jags are going to be very competitive this season.  

The Jags should win a lot of games. So should the Lions. For both the question is are they ready when they play the top half dozen teams in football to go punch for punch. On both I am less convinced. And it is much harder when you have that expectation on you. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

In my company's office pool I am getting 6.5 with the Lions. I took Detroit. Without Jones I think the Lions will be able to move the ball and score enough to keep it within a TD. I wouldn't be surprised if they win outright especially if Kelce can't go.

I think the Lions win in an upset

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I’m looking for Det +5 but can’t find it anywhere 😞 

I don’t think they cover 5 without Kelce and Jones. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The point isn't about who is the biggest threat though, the point is about matchups. The NFL is a matchups league. It is why when people say stuff like Team A only beat Team B by 3 but Team C beat Team B by 20 ergo Team C is better than Team A.... it is just nonsense. Nobody can have a perfect team in the parity of the NFL. Every team has strengths and weaknesses and they match up to different opponents differently. 

I’ve seen quite a few posts on here completely disregarding KC like they haven’t been a major obstacle. I get what you’re saying about matchups. To me there’s something about not being able to beat a team when it really counts. Especially when Allen played a near perfect game. I was hoping for the afc championship rematch that never materialized last year for redemption. Let’s face it no matter how the Bills perform in the regular season they’re only going to be judged in the postseason. As it should be for any top tier team. 

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m looking for Det +5 but can’t find it anywhere 😞 

I don’t think they cover 5 without Kelce and Jones. 

I see KC getting up a few scores early, versus playing from behind and catchup, especially at home. It'll be back and forth after half time and I just dont see a scenario where the Lions are down by 1 score with a chance to tie or even win the game in the final 2 mins. That would be surprising to me and thus why I'll take KC and the points. 

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I see KC getting up a few scores early, versus playing from behind and catchup, especially at home. It'll be back and forth after half time and I just dont see a scenario where the Lions are down by 1 score with a chance to tie or even win the game in the final 2 mins. That would be surprising to me and thus why I'll take KC and the points. 

What about KCs defense without Chris jones makes you think they can stop the Detroit offense to get up a few Scores early?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.