2. AFC East

3. NFC West

4. AFC West

5. AFC North

6. NFC North

7. NFC South

8. AFC South

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I like that you put the AFCN over the AFCE.  

For all the talk of our division, if Pickett makes any kind of jump and Watson, at all, resembles the guy he used to be.. that division is incredible. 

I absolutely love the Steelers this year. I think they take at least 2nd in their division. For my money TJ Watt is the best defensive player in the game. He missed 7 games last year. Steelers make the playoffs last year if he played all 17. They were 8-2 in games he played in and 1-6 in the games he missed.

Games he missed included:

17-14 loss to NE

16-10 loss to Miami

24-20 loss to NY Jets

I think they easily win two out of those three games with TJ Watt. And he probably ends Tua's season even earlier. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For all the talk of our division, if Pickett makes any kind of jump and Watson, at all, resembles the guy he used to be.. that division is incredible. 

image.gif.5012f0ec8e97745498bbdbccb1f73224.gif
🤔 I am unsure if that's ⬆️ what you meant...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Absolutely agree all 4 teams are going to tough outs for anyone. I also agree on watson and Pickett.

Dan, thanks first for starting this thread.  Some of our opinions vary, but at least we can have a polite conversation.

AFCN- 4

AFCE- 3

NFCE- 3 (It’s hard to believe the NFC Least has to turned maybe into Beasts)

NFCW- 2 (Everyone acknowledges the 49ers is probably the 2nd best team in the NFC, but a number of people are overlooking Seattle)

AFCW- 2 (I’ll believe it when I see Denver produce with Wilson)

AFCS- 1 (It’s the Jags and that’s about it.  People don’t really want to admit that Pederson has turned that team around)

NFCN- 1 (The Vikings had a horseshoe so big the size of Montana last year). Detroit is the only real threat.

NFCS- 1 (The Saints are a complete team minus Carr with a corral of weapons.  Someone mentioned the Bucs.  They are a dumpster fire and I live here)

I guess I should note, I placed 17 teams in a 14 race, but my point to be clear is I see 17 eligibles.  We’ll see how it plays out.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, SCBills said:

There are so many "ifs" in AFC North

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

There are so many "ifs" in AFC North

Same with our division.  

Bills/Bengals

Dolphins/Ravens 

Jets/Browns

Patriots/Steelers

-Bills/Bengals are the top teams on paper. 

-Can Lamar & Tua stay healthy?

-How does it look for Rodgers & Watson?.. both on talented rosters. 

-Can Jones & Pickett make a jump?  

I have more faith in Rodgers than I do Watson, but conversely, I have more faith in Pickett than Jones.. and that Steelers roster is much better than the Patriots. 

No way AFCN over AFCE.

Come on.   IF Pinkett...and IF Watson...and IF Jackson.

Pinkett is a low voltage turnover machine (7 passing TD in 12 games, 9 INTs, 4 fumbles).  

Watson has played 6 (bad) games since 2020.   He's had one above average season in his career.  Most overrated QB in the NFL right now.

Jackson has played 24 games in the last 2 years and chose to watch his team lose form the sidelines in the playoffs.  Likely the same this year.

Not so many "ifs" in the AFCE.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No way AFCN over AFCE.

Pinkett is a low voltage turnover machine (7 passing TD in 12 games, 9 INTs, 4 fumbles).  

Watson has played 6 (bad) games since 2020.   He's had one above average season in his career.  Most overrated QB in the NFL right now.

Jackson has played 24 games in the last 2 years and chose to watch his team lose form the sidelines in the playoffs.  Likely the same this year.

So was Allen his first year.  10 TD 12 INT and 8 fumbles. 

And it is Pickett not Pinkett. Pickett may yet get better only time will tell.

Allen Pinkett retired along time ago and was a RB. Funny if you google him, the first 3 pics of him are him running against the Bills. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Allen Pinkett retired along time ago and was a RB. Funny if you google him, the first 3 pics of him are him running against the Bills. 

Josh Rosen had 11/14 and 10....

Pickett is not Allen.  

On 9/2/2023 at 10:41 AM, Dan in Owego said:

AFC North

AFC East

AFC West

NFC East

AFC South 

NFC West

NFC North

NFC South

AFC is going to be a blood bath this year, really need to go 5-1 and take it.

By that I mean in division 

Your top 4 are for sure the order and the bottom 4 are debatable but honestly I’d probably have them about the same with the nfc west above the afc south only because I could legitimately see SF, SEA and LAR making the playoffs and the cardinals pulling the bottom down on that division as probably the worst team in football

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Pickett has two good WR in Pickens and Johnson along with a very reliable TE in Friermuth.  If their OL holds up,  Pickett could make a transition to a good QB in year 2.  

Steelers have a good defense and have added more in the draft.  However, I am not sure if they have the necessary firepower to overpower the Bengals who are a very balanced team with a great QB

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pickett is not Allen.  

Pickett doesn't need to be Allen and I think the Steelers have assembled a good offense around Pickett. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Pickett has two good WR in Pickens and Johnson along with a very reliable TE in Friermuth.  If their OL holds up,  Pickett could make a transition to a good QB in year 2.  

Steelers have a good defense and have added more in the draft.  However, I am not sure if they have the necessary firepower to overpower the Bengals who are a very balanced team with a great QB

Pickett doesn't need to be Allen and I think the Steelers have assembled a good offense around Pickett. 

with Pickens, Johnson and Friermuth, he would have to be better than Josh Allen to make a playoff run.

He's not.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No way AFCN over AFCE.

Really? 
Seems like an iffy situation there too. 
If Tua’s brain can stay unscrambled. 
If Mac Jones has made serious strides. 
If a 40 y/o Rodgers can stay clean behind that line. 

These divisions are going to cannibalize themselves to a large degree. The big factor for me is the AFCN plays the NFCW and AFCS, which looks softer than the AFCE’s slate of NFCE and AFCW

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, iinii said:

Really? 

These divisions are going to cannibalize themselves to a large degree. The big factor for me is the AFCN plays the NFCW and AFCS, which looks softer than the AFCE’s slate of NFCE and AFCW

NE isn't in the picture.

Everyone on the planet would put up Allen, Tua and Rodgers against Mahomes Watson and Pickett.

come on...

21 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pickett is not Allen.  

Pickett started poorly as a rookie but showed considerable progress late in the season.  He has looked good in his limited play in preseason (and not just against the Bills).   He doesn't have to be Josh Allen to be a good/excellent NFL QB for Mike Tomlin's Steelers.

12 hours ago, iinii said:

Really? 

This is my take as well, especially the AFCN.  I think that the Ravens and Steelers are closer to the Bengals than the Jets and Fins are to the Bills, particularly because of Harbaugh and Tomlin.  If Watson resurrects his early form, Cleveland can become a formidable force in the league, capable of beating any team because their D is damn good.   NE doesn't have nearly the talent that the Brown have.

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

NE isn't in the picture.

Everyone on the planet would put up Allen, Tua and Rodgers against Mahomes Watson and Pickett.

come on...

The Patriots are always "in the picture" with Belichick as HC, especially in divisional games. 

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pickett is not Allen.  

Lol. You don't know that and neither do I. Half this board was ready to move on from Allen after season 1. 

All I hope is he beats the Browns and the Browns miss the playoffs. The delusion on Cleveland radio is epic. I cant wait for Watson to suck and this town I work in melts down.

21 hours ago, ganesh said:

I agree they will battle Ravens for second place at best in taht division.  I routinely underestimate the Ravens, but they look like an organization taht needs sweeping change. 

Just hope Browns finish last.

57 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Pickett started poorly as a rookie but showed considerable progress late in the season.  He has looked good in his limited play in preseason (and not just against the Bills).   He doesn't have to be Josh Allen to be a good/excellent NFL QB for Mike Tomlin's Steelers.

This is my take as well, especially the AFCN.  I think that the Ravens and Steelers are closer to the Bengals than the Jets and Fins are to the Bills, particularly because of Harbaugh and Tomlin.  If Watson resurrects his early form, Cleveland can become a formidable force in the league, capable of beating any team because their D is damn good.   NE doesn't have nearly the talent that the Brown have.

The Patriots are always "in the picture" with Belichick as HC, especially in divisional games. 

As the season went on,. Pickett didn't get much better.  Check out his stats.  He was all over the place. And that Steelers O isn't exactly loaded. It's decent.

55 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lol. You don't know that and neither do I. Half this board was ready to move on from Allen after season 1. 

All I hope is he beats the Browns and the Browns miss the playoffs. The delusion on Cleveland radio is epic. I cant wait for Watson to suck and this town I work in melts down.

I agree they will battle Ravens for second place at best in taht division.  I routinely underestimate the Ravens, but they look like an organization taht needs sweeping change. 

Just hope Browns finish last.

Citing "half the board" isn't the best argument.

My point was that it is more likely that Pickett turns out like Rosen than Allen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.