In a world of MLB questions, is Deion Jones the answer? (EARTH SHATTERING FC UPDATE: SIGNED)

FireChans

Deion Jones. Oft-cut as of late, but was recently talented and productive enough to secure a large contract from the Falcons. 

He’s quick and is basically a coverage backer. Is he the missing link?

Edited by FireChans
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’d bring him in a see how he looks.  Similar to what we have in Bernard and Dorian…. Only older.  I think I’d rather turn it over to the kids, but can’t hurt to see what he can do in a workout 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Similar to what we have in Bernard and Dorian…. Only older.  I think I’d rather turn it over to the kids, but can’t hurt to see what he can do in a workout 

Bernard ran a 4.59 & definitely plays slower than that. While I doubt Deion Jones is still running as fast as the 4.39 from his pro day anymore, but he's sure to be a hell of a lot faster than Bernard, or Dodson. When you consider that Jones already has 5 seasons of what Bernard/Dodson dream to someday achieve once, they're not similar at all.

Dorian on the other hand, I think can be a player. Obviously not at MLB this year, but eventually.

1 minute ago, 947 said:

Bernard ran a 4.59 & definitely plays slower than that. While I doubt Deion Jones is still running as fast as the 4.39 from his pro day anymore, but he's sure to be a hell of a lot faster than Bernard, or Dodson. When you consider that Jones already has 5 seasons of what Bernard/Dodson dream to someday achieve once, they're not similar at all.

Dorian on the other hand, I think can be a player. Obviously not at MLB this year, but eventually.

People are so quick to say play x who has started in this league is no better than our player who cannot even get on the field. Jones was starting as a rookie and putting up solid games. Bernard barely got on the field and we had to bring back AJ Klein bc he wasnt cutting it. 

23 minutes ago, 947 said:

Sure he’s probably a little faster.  He was also just cut by a terrible team and had a 48 Pff grade last year.  34 Pff the year before.  I didn’t know grades could be so low.  

pff obviously just Pff….. but it sure seems like he’s toast. 

Edited by NewEra

51 minutes ago, ngbills said:

People are so quick to say play x who has started in this league is no better than our player who cannot even get on the field. Jones was starting as a rookie and putting up solid games. Bernard barely got on the field and we had to bring back AJ Klein bc he wasnt cutting it. 

We should trade Bernard to whoever would take him against an exchange of late round draft picks in 2034.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 8 months later...
  • FireChans changed the title to In a world of MLB questions, is Deion Jones the answer? (EARTH SHATTERING FC UPDATE: SIGNED)

Nice to see some actual quality/NFL depth players signed, with Morrow/Jones/Draft (Wash kid).  To go with current backups Williams and Spector.  

No more wasting on the S/T only types, like Big Red, or having a break glass moment with AJ Klein.

Assuming that Chiefs game left a very sour taste with Coach/Beane, re: LB depth as well as other positional body types/play style.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well good call. I’ve never heard of him, which doesn’t mean anything since I now really only have time for Bills games and no longer play fantasy football. But to me this was a fairly random name and I’m impressed with you calling it! 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2023 at 4:26 PM, NewEra said:

Sure he’s probably a little faster.  He was also just cut by a terrible team and had a 48 Pff grade last year.  34 Pff the year before.  I didn’t know grades could be so low.  

pff obviously just Pff….. but it sure seems like he’s toast. 

There are people that will tell you he was in the wrong scheme.

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Update: signed to the Bills.

GIVE ME MY PROPS

Props coming at ya 😁👍🍸🚬

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic