Coach Prime is Irritating Me

Irv

This guy has always been a jerk.  But he seems to be taking it up a notch in Colorado.  Personally, I’d like to see his team go winless and they all enter the portal after they tire of his nonsense.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

7-8 win team 

I'll have what you're having.  This is not D2 or wherever he was coaching before.   Vegas has them at 3.5 wins.  Playing five top twenty teams.  The others are:

Nebraska        Loss

Colorado St.   Toss Up

Arizona St       Toss up

Stanford          Toss up

UCLA               Loss

Arizona            Toss up

Wash State      Loss

11 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'll have what you're having.  This is not D2 or wherever he was coaching before.   Vegas has them at 3.5 wins.  Playing five top twenty teams.  The others are:

Nebraska        Loss

Colorado St.   Toss Up

Arizona St       Toss up

Stanford          Toss up

UCLA               Loss

Arizona            Toss up

Wash State      Loss

To be fair I didn't look at the schedule and figured it sucked 

I could see 4 wins maybe 5 if they over achieve 

Nebraska Is a dumpster fire too they could take that

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

You don’t do what he did at Jackson state unless you can flat out coach. Which is amazing since generational players are usually terrible coaches. 

Well to be fair he just out recruited div FCS

Dude brought a legitimate five star... And legitimate four stars... To a conference of unranked recruit's,  2* recruits , and some 3*

He just outpowered them... When he met a good team with good coaching he lost

But he certainly is recruiting at a high level and developing as a young head coach

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:08 PM, Mark80 said:

Oh, Irv.  No one has heard a peep out of Colorado since Kordell Stewart was slinging the rock 30 years ago.  It cannot possibly go any worse than the last 30 years.  And personally, I expect it to go quite well.

I have a computer tech guy who I see a few times a year that was actually a player on the Championship team, and we discussed a lot of football before I found that out. He does not like discussing Colorado football, it might change this year.

• Haha (+1) 1

Colorado goes on the road to face the 17th ranked team in the country and national champ runner ups and puts up those kind of numbers? Maybe TCU took them lightly, but in the plays I’ve seen, Colorado has some superior athletes on that team. 

• Agree 2

On 9/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, K-9 said:

Colorado goes on the road to face the 17th ranked team in the country and national champ runner ups and puts up those kind of numbers? Maybe TCU took them lightly, but in the plays I’ve seen, Colorado has some superior athletes on that team. 

What struck me was the team speed and how fast they get the ball out.   Sanders has surrounded himself with very good coaches and team talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

What struck me was the team speed and how fast they get the ball out.   Sanders has surrounded himself with very good coaches and team talent. 

Success as a college HC is all about recruiting -- players and assistant coaches.   Sanders has a big edge in recruiting over many first year collegiate HCs not only because of his NFL fame because he can point to the success he had as an HBCU coach.  

On 9/2/2023 at 4:25 PM, K-9 said:

there’s also the reality that it may have been a great game between middle of the pack teams. 

CFB often has week 1 wake up calls where teams don’t carry year to year as expected. 

while they were “runner up” getting smashed in the championship game, they may not really be a top team this year 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

TCU have been paper tigers since they were severely overrated last season. And they were a much better team last season.

But it's still a big deal, and fun storyline, for Colorado to come in and "shock the world" like they did.

They probably wont hold up against tougher/real competition. And it will be interesting to see what happens if they every need to rely on their HC to coach them into a victory. But as a casual college football fan, I'm here for all of it.

I'll also say this:

If Deion never wins anything as a coach but manages to get his son drafted as a top QB prospect and a chance at a $250M 2nd contract then the whole thing was worth it.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.