Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

28 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Is Kirksey versatile enough to be a starting LB on this defense? Seems like an alright player but is he going to be a liability in nickel? Does he even play nickel?

17 solo tackles on 3rd down, 2 sacks and 1 interception.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/1759547/christian-kirksey/splits/2022/

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

If they sign Kirksey, should be instant release of Dodson and Klein.

You have a proven vet and young guy (Bernard) for this year, Dorian potentially next year.  

Keep 5 LBs (Kirksey, Milano, Bernard, Williams, Big Red) and bring back a combo of  AJ/Spector/Dodson to Practice squad

Wrong. Klein is a coach. Players call him a coach. And old man. The guy knows this defense. Can coach it on the field, knows the situations, and very capable of playing.

We know his floor, we know his ceiling. We need a proven player in this system on this roster at the position.

Dobson can go to the PS, Klein would be taken off of the PS. For some reason the MLB position this year is end over end different. Look around the league and you'll see why Edmunds made a boatload of money. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah. He’s tight with Poyer and Hyde. He’s probably on his Buffalo now. He’ll start week 1.

He’s not what he once was though. 

Last season he he put up very good numbers:

Games- 17

Tackles- 124

Sacks - 3

Int's- 2

TFL-  7

AV- 9

Now whether he's a fit next to Milano is unknown.  He's coming off a hamstring injury. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I have seen Tommy Doyle play on 1 leg. I have seen Leatherwood play on 2.

I would take a 1 legged Doyle.

9 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I'd very much enjoy Kirksey 

He is attractive but can we restrict the discussion to football please?

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Last season he he put up very good numbers:

Games- 17

Tackles- 124

Sacks - 3

Int's- 2

TFL-  7

AV- 9

Now whether he's a fit next to Milano is unknown.  He's coming off a hamstring injury. 

He still seems to be able to start. LB stats are weird. It’s not hard to put up decent numbers. He definitely makes more splash plays than our previous starting MLB.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

Watch him sign with the Eagles PS and they develop him into a starting RT when Lane Johnson starts to decline.  I think a good coaching staff could turn him into a NFL player.  I say it's worth a shot on kicking the tires.  Use the winning culture get guys like this into the program and hopefully develop into something. 

Your thought above makes total sense, unless of course Leatherwood is injured, or having other problems. In the short video I posted, he was a freshman stepping in for an injured Jonah Williams. He was also a teammate of Eagle guard Landon Dickerson in the 2021 title game.  Leatherwood has plenty of experience at guard as well.

Again, I have no way of knowing what type of problem he may or may not have but I agree with you in that he really might be worth a look. The NFL isn't for everybody but he was an excellent college player. 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your thought above makes total sense, unless of course Leatherwood is injured, or having other problems. In the short video I posted, he was a freshman stepping in for an injured Jonah Williams. He was also a teammate of Eagle guard Landon Dickerson in the 2021 title game.  Leatherwood has plenty of experience at guard as well.

Again, I have no way of knowing what type of problem he may or may not have but I agree with you in that he really might be worth a look. The NFL isn't for everybody buit he was an excellent college player. 

Landon Dickerson is the man. Dudes a black belt. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, boyst said:

Landon Dickerson is the man. Dudes a black belt. 

He is one of my favorite players. I REALLY wanted the Bills to take him but of course McDermott puts defense first. That said, we did well taking Rousseau but I really do think that Dickerson would have made a HUGE difference on our Bills.

Did you see him carrying Coach Saban on the field after title game? :) 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could see us adding him to the PS potentially.

I think there’s an experience limit for being put on practice squad.   Crowder has been around a while.

Whoops, I was wrong. They changed the rules allowing for up to 6 players with no experience limits

Edited by BobbyC81

On 8/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, HOUSE said:

Trubisky just signed a 2 year extension in May

Case Keenum just signed a 2 year $6.25M contract with Houston, $4M guaranteed, in March.

10 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Phillips is a guard.

Galvin is a rookie UDFA, so there it will just come down to whether we like him more than we like Gouraige and whether he'd rather live on Detroit's PS or ours; he's not likely to be The Answer at reserve OT.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Case Keenum just signed a 2 year $6.25M contract with Houston, $4M guaranteed, in March.

Phillips is a guard.

Galvin is a rookie UDFA, so there it will just come down to whether we like him more than we like Gouraige and whether he'd rather live on Detroit's PS or ours; he's not likely to be The Answer at reserve OT.

Im just posting cuts.

Phillips however played right tackle in ny last year when evan neal was hurt if I remember correctly

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

They changed those rules. You can have a couple veterans on the PS now

I'll put this here.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-practice-squad-salary-eligibility-rules-2023/vuvavtn3mbkq68spwkb5k8pz

Of the 16 players, 6 can have "no limit on the number of accrued seasons"

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Im just posting cuts.

Phillips however played right tackle in ny last year when evan neal was hurt if I remember correctly

Just adding information to your information.  Interesting on Phillips.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.