Mike Vick at Bills practice and the nfl script release

JerseyBills

6 hours ago, boyst said:

Sadly, it's not good enough

Really says a lot more about the others who hold such space in their heart to still hate the dude who never impacted their life beyond some fantasy game or viewing habits.

People are stupid.

So, how do you feel about Rae Carruth?

All good with him?

58 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Damn , didn't expect this much negativity.  I actually think it's pretty cool for the younger guys especially.  He did his time , made a mistake when young and hasn't been I'm trouble since. Just let it go

Funny how that works. Some things just hit a nerve, I suppose. I was in early and tried to be gentle but I didn’t see it getting quite like this. Silly me. 🤷‍♂️

He’s done his time and paid the price, and I’m sure he does good things in the community. He’s just not the first guy I’m going to run up to, and I don’t think he adds much on Fox. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, T&C said:

If he hadn't been busted he'd still be doing it. 

Sometimes that is exactly what it takes to turn the page…,

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Damn , didn't expect this much negativity.  I actually think it's pretty cool for the younger guys especially.  He did his time , made a mistake when young and hasn't been I'm trouble since. Just let it go, we're all human and F up. I could see if his behavior continued,  but he has been on record apologizing and admits it was an extreme lapse of judgment 

I feel like you’re giving a free pass to abhorrent behavior. 

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I feel like you’re giving a free pass to abhorrent behavior. 

If the guy has changed let’s all let him be the guy who saw the light as the saying goes, let’s not just be the get off my lawn sort of folk, I’m certainly not going to cast the first stone…,

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

If the guy has changed let’s all let him be the guy who saw the light as the saying goes, let’s not just be the get off my lawn sort of folk, I’m certainly not going to cast the first stone…,

Some things cannot be forgiven or poo-poo’d. 

if this was going on as a kid, a psychologist would look into

psychopathy. 

it’s not just bad behavior. 

but I do respect your opinion as much as I disagree. 

John 8:7

King James Version

"...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...."

A few things here:

- In this "thread" I'm reading and seeing a lot of vitriol against Mike Vick. Based on the Biblical quote I just copied and pasted, I'm left to assume we have a lot of perfect / sinless contributors here at TBD.  I don't think so.

- Are those of you with a continuing and everlasting grievance with Mike Vick just as disgusted when your local schools are underperforming? Just as infuriated with human / child sex trafficking? Just as angry when one of our US service members almost literally sacrificed in a foreign land for no good reason?  Or just "virtue signaling" at every opportunity given with an unhealthy, fanatical desire to attack others. 

I say, the courts have done their jobs, Mike Vick served his sentence, he's still relatively young and has a lot left to offer.  He's got a lot to be embarrassed about and he could easily hide behind his money and go away.  Instead, he continually seeks self improvement, works to contribute in constructive ways, all while surely knowing the hypocrites are out to get him.  For that, I admire him!  I repeat, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, muppy said:

SMH this man tests my Christian faith. I am mandated to forgive but what he was convicted of reeks of evil to me. I forgive but I cannot forget.

Spoken like a pittie advocate and rescuer. Which is true. so I am Very biased here.

so he can just go away I care zilch nada about him any more.  I'll just leave it at that. 

King James Version

A few things here:

- In this "thread" I'm reading and seeing a lot of vitriol against Mike Vick. Based on the Biblical quote I just copied and pasted, I'm left to assume we have a lot of perfect / sinless contributors here at TBD.  I don't think so.

- Are those of you with a continuing and everlasting grievance with Mike Vick just as disgusted when your local schools are underperforming? Just as infuriated with human / child sex trafficking? Just as angry when one of our US service members almost literally sacrificed in a foreign land for no good reason?  Or just "virtue signaling" at every opportunity given with an unhealthy, fanatical desire to attack others. 

I say, the courts have done their jobs, Mike Vick served his sentence, he's still relatively young and has a lot left to offer.  He's got a lot to be embarrassed about and he could easily hide behind his money and go away.  Instead, he continually seeks self improvement, works to contribute in constructive ways, all while surely knowing the hypocrites are out to get him.  For that, I admire him!  I repeat, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone."

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Some things cannot be forgiven or poo-poo’d. 

if this was going on as a kid, a psychologist would look into

psychopathy. 

it’s not just bad behavior. 

but I do respect your opinion as much as I disagree. 

That’s fine, I don’t condone his past actions via the dog fighting/killing thing, we all do what we can throughout our lives, I just hope he has got his sh-t together going forward. We need to support each other versus be aggressive toward each other, otherwise we have a real sh-ty world to live in, like the signs all around Annapolis Maryland say, “Be Kind” , 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

That’s fine, I don’t condone his past actions via the dog fighting/killing thing, we all do what we can throughout our lives, I just hope he has got his sh-t together going forward. We need to support each other versus be aggressive toward each other, otherwise we have a real sh-ty world to live in, like the signs all around Annapolis Maryland say, “Be Kind” , 👍

Thanks for the great response, I couldn't agree more.  In Hawaii we have, "Drive with Aloha."

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

King James Version

A few things here:

Just stop with the biblical crap and excuses.  

The Bible didn’t and couldn’t comprehend severe animal abuse. 

“sin” in biblical term was banging your neighbors wife or stealing.  It wasn’t hanging a pup by his ankles and bashing him

with a metal bat while sipping 40s and smoking blunts.  Wake up. 

Imo you’re actually doing a disservice to the Faith. 

Edited by Blackbeard

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Just stop with the biblical crap and excuses.  

The Bible didn’t and couldn’t comprehend severe animal abuse. 

Imo you’re actually doing a disservice to the Faith. 

Crap? So, tell us what moral compass are you using thats so great?  Tell us how perfect and sinless you are... teach us.

I don’t think there is much hope now, but could we all try to focus and exercise some restraint. There is some tolerable middle ground to be found. Nobody hates what he did more than I do, but it has run its course. It’s over. Let’s PLEASE move on???  

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I don’t think there is much hope now, but could we all try to focus and exercise some restraint. There is some tolerable middle ground to be found. Nobody hates what he did more than I do, but it has run its course. It’s over. Let’s PLEASE move on???  

Augie, we never move on, don't you realize we are always chasing the record setting "Mario Williams to Buffalo" thread?  

22 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

King James Version

A few things here:

I may have sinned, though probably not as I don't believe in religion but I definitely didn't torture and kill dogs

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I may have sinned, though probably not as I don't believe in religion but I definitely didn't torture and kill dogs

I confess, I've probably done worse.  And going forward, always trying to be better, do better, set the example and contribute.  

Just now, Blackbeard said:

This has ZERO to do with me. 

but nice diversion. 

You made the "crap" assessment, not me, you're making the diversion.

You did teach me something though, I didn't realize my post could spark so much hatred and anger - from you.  All while I'm trying to promote a peaceful reflection.  Very interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Augie, we never move on, don't you realize we are always chasing the record setting "Mario Williams to Buffalo" thread?  

Funny, and I get it, but this one kind of makes me sick to my stomach, as I sit here with a pup and a soon to be three year old Golden at my feet. I get it, it’s personal and to each their own. 

He did his time, he should have opportunities. It’s just not my flavor.   🤷‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I confess, I've probably done worse.  And going forward, always trying to be better, do better, set the example and contribute.  

You made the "crap" assessment, not me, you're making the diversion.

You did teach me something though, I didn't realize my post could spark so much hatred and anger - from you.  All while I'm trying to promote a peaceful reflection.  Very interesting.

You’re right. I am angry and hatred towards Vick. 

sorry if you aren’t.  But trying to turn the spotlight on another because you actually HAVE no argument or justification is weak. 

37 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Are those of you with a continuing and everlasting grievance with Mike Vick just as disgusted when your local schools are underperforming?

That comparison is......I have no constructive words......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

You’re right. I am angry and hatred towards Vick. 

sorry if you aren’t.  But trying to turn the spotlight on another because you actually HAVE no argument or justification is weak. 

I hope you find the peace that I and so many other "sinners" have found.  Take care and best!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

When our schools and families are "underperforming" you produce what Mike Vick did.  Is that more clear?

More diversion, gaslighting, and excuses. 

just stop sticking up for horrid behavior.  

Edited by Blackbeard

4 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

When our schools and families are "underperforming" you produce what Mike Vick did.  Is that more clear?

Our schools are garbage and they're cranking out truckloads of fat, ugly, and stupid children.  If your premise were even remotely true then we wouldn't have only 10 decent starting QBs in the league.  Every team in the league would have competent QB play and we would have real parity, devaluing the position.  I'm sorry but this is a crock of *****.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I come from a family full of teachers and school administrators. I can’t blame the schools - some of these kids stand no chance due to their family lives. It’s not the schools that ruin them.

Michael Vick did not take a high school class in dogfighting, I’m quite certain. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

If I'm so ill informed, so pathetic, so confused, (As clearly the majority of the contributors to this thread think so), then why did Coach Sean McDermott (By all accounts a brilliant guy) feel its a good idea to bring in Mike Vick to talk with the team?  I'm sticking with our coach on this one, and that's good company to be in.

Edited by BillsNutHawaii
grammar

2 hours ago, Beast said:

So, how do you feel about Rae Carruth?

All good with him?

I don't know him. He has no impact on my life. I feel nothing about him.

If I ever met him I'd not treat him any different than anyone else. What difference does it make to treat him differently, judge him, or waste my time to think anymore of him or his past than just simply moving on with my own life?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I come from a family full of teachers and school administrators. I can’t blame the schools - some of these kids stand no chance due to their family lives. It’s not the schools that ruin them. 

Augie, I have a lot of respect for you - for several reasons to include the wisdom you always post around here.  The schools portion of my original post has been skewed by others, I originally stated something to the effect, "would we get so upset when.....our schools fail us?" in an effort to compare and contrast.  No matter what you do around here, no matter what you post, Im not going to get into a debate with you.  I'll shut it down on my end before I have an "aggressive " debate with you.

2 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Augie, I have a lot of respect for you - for several reasons to include the wisdom you always post around here.  The schools portion of my original post has been skewed by others, I originally stated something to the effect, "would we get so upset when.....our schools fail us?" in an effort to compare and contrast.  No matter what you do around here, no matter what you post, Im not going to get into a debate with you.  I'll shut it down on my end before I have an "aggressive " debate with you.

Whoa! Maybe there is some confusion or backstory to all this I’m not aware of. I have no context to judge this, so…..have a great day!  😋

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Perhaps.  But he was busted and he did real time for it.  The rich and famous usually avoid consequences but Vick paid his debt to society.  

And one never knows if he would have had something occur to have him change on his own.  He had plenty of time to reflect while he was in prison.  Easily can change a person.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

To you all who just know he participated in "dog fighting", I urge you to go research and read through the details.  Its beyond shocking.  AND to top it off, it was happening WHILE he was filthy rich.  He didn't need to survive.  It was "fun" for him.   A pastime if you will. 

Correct. The details are not hard to find. It was sick and sadistic, far beyond "merely" sending dogs into a pit to fight each other.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

King James Version

A few things here:

This is stupid. He tortured and killed dogs and went to jail for it.

People can dislike him if they want. That does not mean they are casting stones. Jesus was not telling everyone to excuse the woman's actions. In fact, he did not excuse them either. He literally told her to stop sinning. He just didn't want her stoned to death because of them.

Similarly, none of us are calling for Michael Vick to be dragged out into the streets and stoned to death. But we sure do not need to excuse or forget his horrible misdeeds. His actions will follow him forever.

9 hours ago, T&C said:

If he hadn't been busted he'd still be doing it. 

That's true for everyone regarding almost anything...

If I never got pulled over speeding, why would I stop speeding? If I cheat on tests throughout school & I never face consequences, I probably never see the error in my ways. People learn from mistakes, learn from failure, learn from experience, etc. etc. etc. 

Kids are a good example, as everything they do teaches them something or another, good or bad. I was told being shocked by electricity hurt, but I still stuck my finger in a light socket 😆

Anyway, what he did was reprehnsible, but the fact is he DID face consequences and did learn the severity of what he did. Years later, he's likely even more cognizant of what he did wrong, so playing the "what if" game & judging him for what could've been makes no sense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, boyst said:

I don't know him. He has no impact on my life. I feel nothing about him.

If I ever met him I'd not treat him any different than anyone else. What difference does it make to treat him differently, judge him, or waste my time to think anymore of him or his past than just simply moving on with my own life?

It makes no difference. However I wouldn’t piss on the guy if he was on fire. To each their own is the message.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.