O’Cyrus Torrence Dominating (video breakdown)

wppete

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Awesome! I’m not ready to break down the 1in break at the moment, but I love the positive takeaways from our rook guard. 

I’m shyly pumped the Bills May have hit on picks 1-3, 5 in this draft. 

Might have also hit on 4 if that idiot Beane didn't trade up for Kincaid...

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 2

I honestly don’t know how he fell to 59, but I’m glad we were able to capitalize on that and bring him in. I was thinking he’d go around late 30s - early 40s. My other favorite guard out of this years class was Steve Avila (who can play anywhere in the middle of the OL). He’s gonna be a star if he shows up on gameday when it matters.

I actually think we have a solid foundation for the middle of the OL right now. Tackle is where things are getting messy - Dawkins underperformed and Brown needs to make some major improvements quickly to avoid losing his job. McGovern, Morse, and Torrence are going to do well. I think we let Morse walk next year and insert Bates into the staring Center position and it won’t be a major downgrade.

A major investment is needed to keep Josh upright- I’d prefer a known commodity if we can afford it, but we need to draft a Tackle next year early. MLB is the other major position of need but I’d rather get the line figured out first. Best way to win is to score more points, and the best way to do that is to get Josh all the time he needs. Hopefully we get it sorted out and both Dawkins and Brown step up their game. I could see maybe even getting a LT upgrade and moving Dawkins back to RT for a year if needed.

• Like (+1) 1

0:50 into the video you can see Spencer Brown get absolutely obliterated by a linebacker. 

But yes, Torrence played well. I am excited about him. He is the first piece in rebuilding this o-line. We will need a new Center, RT and LT in the next year or two.

brownv2i.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Might have also hit on 4 if that idiot Beane didn't trade up for Kincaid...

Yeah, but then you wouldn’t have Kincaid. He jumped Dallas who was salivating at the chance of getting him. Did you see their draft room when we got him? They looked dejected and upset as hell.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

0:50 into the video you can see Spencer Brown get absolutely obliterated by a linebacker. 

A humongous beast of a right tackle that gets taken out by a man much smaller.

But yes, Torrence played well. I am excited about him. He is the first piece in rebuilding this o-line. We will need a new Center, RT and LT in the next year or two.

brownv2i.jpg

Spencer and Doyle will no longer be on our roster next year.

Just darts thrown at the OL Board by Beane.

Aim higher.

Think round one and two.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Stay on topic.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Odd to single out that play considering he actually made the block on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Beane needs to do this again pretty much every off season for the next few years, wether thru the draft, trade or FA, this line needs a minimum of three more Torrence (sp) level O-linemen. 

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Surprising that you pick a play where the guys plant for isn't down to say he stinks.🙄 

Sincerely watch that play and see his left foot slips when engaging with the LB. I don't care how much you weigh, even a sumo wrestler ain't staying up when one foot slips.

56 minutes ago, Einstein said:

brownv2i.jpg

Saw this too. Embarrassing! He's typically tougher than that. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.