Khalil Shakir vs. Justin Shorter

Beast

One picked at 148 overall and the other picked at 150 overall the following year.

Please tell me why the guy drafted 2 picks before the year prior is so much more valuable to the team because I just don’t see it.

in fact, I see 150 and a former 2nd rounder being more valuable to this team.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 5

• Beast changed the title to Khalil Shakir vs. Justin Shorter
5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m starting to suspect you aren’t a fan of Shakir

No, I’m just being honest. What’s the deal with all the love for Shakir? What makes him better than Shorter or Isabella? I just don’t see the greatness in Shakir that others are claiming. He seems like a lackadaisical player to me. Makes a great play or two and then drops a pass and then let’s a smaller DB shove his ass out of bounds that leads to an INT.

To me he’s JAG.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

No, I’m just being honest. What’s the deal with all the love for Shakir? What makes him better than Shorter or Isabella? I just don’t see the greatness in Shakir that others are claiming. He seems like a lackadaisical player to me. Makes a great play or two and then drops a pass and then let’s a smaller DB shove his ass out of bounds that leads to an INT.

To me he’s JAG.

I don’t think I’m seeing the same “love” for him as you are… I think more than a few are disappointed with him following expectations 12 months ago…

Im happy not to have a dog in this fight to be honest… compared to some other issues  I have….I just hope whatever way they go it works out for the best

Baffling how people are this down on Shakir. He's flashed enough to make the bottom of the roster. Am I high on him? Not particularly, but it's a stretch to think there's a receiver below him who has shown enough to not just make the roster in addition to Shakir, but to supplant him entirely. 

I think we keep 6 WRs, and Isabella makes it over shorter. Diggs Davis Harty Sherfield Shakir are safe.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

Baffling how people are this down on Shakir. He's flashed enough to make the bottom of the roster you weirdos. 

I think we keep 6 WRs, and Isabella makes it over shorter. Diggs Davis Harty Sherfield Shakir are safe.

I mean I remember we all liked his potential and camp reports last year and he flashed in the preseason games last year. Is he still flashing that much in the games this year? Like what'd he do today?

Shakir’s hype is due to the belief that we got a “steal” in the draft.  

Deep WR draft and a guy who projected as a RD3 pick, dropped to RD5.  

It was lauded universally as a home run of a pick.   Analysts saying they can’t believe the league let Shakir drop to Josh Allen. 

Reality is he’s … ok.  He’s an intriguing player, but is his upside really that high?  WR3 caliber player most likely… maybeeee WR2 is he truly hits his stride. 

He’s also undersized, small arms and is inconsistent with drops.  

He shouldn’t be a roster lock imo.. but we also can’t be flippant about quality players on cheap multi-year contracts. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean I remember we all liked his potential and camp reports last year and he flashed in the preseason games last year. Is he still flashing that much in the games this year? Like what'd he do today?

I admit I was not thinking about today's game. I was thinking a body of work. Am I super high on him? No, but I think he's done enough to be seen as firmly included on the bottom of the roster. 

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Baffling how people are this down on Shakir. He's flashed enough to make the bottom of the roster you weirdos. 

Isabella very well make it over Shorter.

But why would Shakir make it over Shorter?

• Like (+1) 1

The odds are decent that both Shakir and Shorter will make the team.  Since they are different types of receivers, I suspect playing time might be more dependent on situations as opposed to one being clearly better than the other.  Interestingly, one of the pluses with Shorter coming out of college was his run after the catch ability.  Tonight, he showed none of that, but that might have been more on the QB than on Shorter.  If you're digging the pass out of the turf, your not going to get yards after the catch.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Isabella very well make it over Shorter.

But why would Shakir make it over Shorter?

What has Shorter done to supplant Shakir? I like his reported work ethic but I haven't heard or seen many flashes. Struggled with separation in the (too few) amount of snaps I've been able to watch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Beast said:

One picked at 148 overall and the other picked at 150 overall the following year.

Please tell me why the guy drafted 2 picks before the year prior is so much more valuable to the team because I just don’t see it.

Half agree. Isabella should stay, but Shorter has almost zero chance of ever becoming a contributor imo

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

To me he’s JAG.

He made these plays last season with minimal reps as a Rookie that they spent a high 5th on and another pick to trade up and grab him.

That's what makes him safe. Shorter and Isabella will probably be here as well. We kept 7 WR's to start last season after the Pre-Season and I'd expect the same here. 

But as I said, the bottom line is the team values him, his growth, and the investment he made. Even with the bad drop in the last game, he made two tough catches before that happened.

A guy running with the 1's and 2's exclusively isn't all of a sudden going to be cut because of a play or two in the Pre-Season.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Beast said:

Shakir can play inside/outside and be a return man. Shorter might make the team too.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Baffling how people are this down on Shakir. He's flashed enough to make the bottom of the roster. Am I high on him? Not particularly, but it's a stretch to think there's a receiver below him who has shown enough to not just make the roster in addition to Shakir, but to supplant him entirely. 

I think Isabella makes it too, but over either Shakir or Harty

A lot of what they signed Harty for can be done by Isabella

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.