**2023 degenerative gamblers thread **

Buffalo716

It's this time of year ladies and gents

Open for NFL lines and college football... 

This is not for longshot parlays or asinine bets ... Let's try and make TBD patrons some money this season... Well thought out plays 

I will only be posting my locks throughout the season ..  games that I'm only betting myself that I'm confident 

I had bills +5.5 today....

College football week 1... I am betting the house Oklahoma vs Arkansas state ... OKL -33.5.... yes I know it's a large spread

But I'm predicting 55-10 OKL

Nebraska vs Minnesota under 46.5

I'm very confident on the 2 college picks 

And I will look at the NFL spreads over the next 2 days 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t see a line avail blue for the next game against the Steelers . But anything more than a TD in a preseason game seems ridiculous.

I am contemplating a large wager on the Jets to win the division. Nothing would piss me off more this year. 

also contemplating a parlay of Bills, Cheifs, Bengals and Jags to win division. 

24 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t see a line avail blue for the next game against the Steelers . But anything more than a TD in a preseason game seems ridiculous.

I am contemplating a large wager on the Jets to win the division. Nothing would piss me off more this year. 

also contemplating a parlay of Bills, Cheifs, Bengals and Jags to win division. 

The opening line I saw was - 14.5 buffalo... Unless it's a glitch from last seasons game for some reason ... It says August of 23... It seems so high it has to be a glitch 

I will scratch that for now 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, eball said:

You betcha.  There are definite trends and angles to take advantage of.

I hit on Moneyline upsets 2 weeks in a row. Browns in the HOF game, and then Cards Friday night.

MY CURRENT INTRIGUING LONGSHOT'ish PICKS:

I was going to put in a small wager for Tua CBPOTY at +2000, still might. Those odds are so high, and I could see a small but decent chance that theres some Hamlin fatigue by the time votes come, especially if Tua has a good year. I think Hamlin wins, but its not unraesonable to think Tua is the much more valuable CBPOTY.  If Tua stays healthy and has a good year, I think he should win based on his on the field play, but thats not really how its been voted on as of late

Also, McDermott at +4000, has the 3rd longest odds.  If we were to win it all, McD is also the D Coordinator. I dunno, $20 to win $800 has enough intrigue to look over the flaws of the idea for me

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's this time of year ladies and gents

Open for NFL lines and college football... 

This is not for longshot parlays or asinine bets ... Let's try and make TBD patrons some money this season... Well thought out plays 

I will only be posting my locks throughout the season ..  games that I'm only betting myself

I had bills +5.5 today....

College football week 1... I am betting the house Oklahoma vs Arkansas state ... OKL -33.5.... yes I know it's a large spread

But I'm predicting 55-10 OKL

Nebraska vs Minnesota under 46.5

I'm very confident on the 2 college picks 

And I will look at the NFL spreads over the next 2 days 

Good luck. Should keep this thread up , so we can share what picks everyone likes

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

MY CURRENT INTRIGUING LONGSHOT'ish PICKS:

I was going to put in a small wager for Tua CBPOTY at +2000, still might. Those odds are so high, and I could see a small but decent chance that theres some Hamlin fatigue by the time votes come, especially if Tua has a good year. I think Hamlin wins, but its not unraesonable to think Tua is the much more valuable CBPOTY.  If Tua stays healthy and has a good year, I think he should win based on his on the field play, but thats not really how its been voted on as of late

interesting. I just don’t think Tua qualifies though IMO. He missed a few games but not that many. 

Of course on the flip side Hamlin missed even fewer games than Tua. But drastically different degrees of injuries of course. 

My guess would be Odell would win before Tua. Then you have Kyler Murray, Stafford, Von Miller. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You bet on preseason? Yikes 

Lines are a little often preseason and sharps make good money 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Shall we be reporting more bets in hindsight. I am super good at those. 

I actually posted in the bills thread that I was betting the bills plus 5.5 days before the game

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No you didn't lol

the pros are lucky to hit 60%

Nobody wins 3/4 of their bets, it's impossible 

Not if you play money line also

There are 50 college football games every week .  You can bet teams that are -350 moneline...  Massive favorites 

Hawaii vs Stanford ... Stanford -350... I'll just put $2,000 on that money line.   Thats an easy 450 bucks

And yeah 70% of those bets hit 

Friend has been an Oklahoma booster for 25 years and he makes $50,000 a year gambling college football

I was 13 and 3 on the bills money line last year lol I took them to win every game

Now if I just strictly play the spread I'm not hitting at a 70% clip... But you can pick money line games that are almost guaranteed to hit you just won't get a good return

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not if you play money line also

There are 50 college football games every week .  You can bet teams that are -350 moneline...  Massive chance to win

Hawaii vs Stanford ... Stanford -350... I'll just put $2,000 on that money line

And yeah 70% of those bets hit yearly

Friend has been in Oklahoma booster for 25 years and he makes $50,000 a year gambling college football

Look I was mostly just joking originally but if there are people looking for advice on wagers you might as well tell them the truth

Moneyline favorites do not win enough to be profitable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Look I was mostly just joking originally but if there are people looking for advice on wagers you might as well tell them the truth

Absolutely..   and I was going to add that you're not going to make a lot of money on the money line... I usually parlay my money lines

Unless you're betting underdogs, then there is some money

But if you pay attention there's always a groove you can ride during the season

@GoBills808who do you like week 1 CFB (spread)

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

interesting. I just don’t think Tua qualifies though IMO. He missed a few games but not that many. 

Of course on the flip side Hamlin missed even fewer games than Tua. But drastically different degrees of injuries of course. 

My guess would be Odell would win before Tua. Then you have Kyler Murray, Stafford, Von Miller. 

I dont think hes even going to play this year (is he?). aside from physically (injured Dec 12th) being able to play.... theyre the run away favorites for #1 overall. if i was them, id sit him to let him fully heal, but im definitely not rushing him back to play a game or two, to possibly have him jacking up sliding to #2 or #3. (Side note, do they pull a Bears and move down if they land #1?  Early reports: 

Mike Jurecki is the best team reporter in the business, and he said on Twitter that if the Cardinals obtained the No. 1 pick, they would trade the selection to a team like the Buccaneers/Raiders because they're stuck with Kyler Murray's albatross of a contract.

Dont expect much out of Stafford. Id be cool with Von though!! haha

Edited by BillsShredder83

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Absolutely..   and I was going to add that you're not going to make a lot of money on the money line... I usually parlay my money lines

Love this thread already lollllllll

27 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Who died and left you a the sight gambling "expert", just another LAMP thread

Gambling on football is as old as the sport

I'm sure plenty of people have been gambling on football for 20 years here... That's why it's fun to start a thread where people share their picks

Where did I ever say I was an expert? I said I'm only going to share things that I am spending money on myself that I consider a lock 

And I have friends who are legitimate sharps

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't bet college football, don't follow it closely

I'll leave my NFL wagers here and some golf and Champions League bets

All real tickets, if I break even over the season I consider it a win

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't bet college football, don't follow it closely

I'll leave my NFL wagers here and some golf and Champions League bets

All real tickets, if I break even over the season I consider it a win

Golf? And yea I was around 54% against the spread last season 

My original quote to you shoulda specified money line ... I know it sounded ridiculous 

Edited by Buffalo716

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

Take Navy +20.5 at Notre Dame on August 26th.

Navy has been known to play the Irish tough and Navy’s style of offense translates better in an early opening game.

Up in the air on that one.. but your points I think are the swaying points

Tough to stop the triple option week 1..  it's also in Ireland which I don't know if that benefits Notre Dame

I can see Navy covering... 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Someone placed 75k on Alabama vs MTSU

-25000 money line 

$75,000 to win 300

But hey... It's 300 bucks

Yup. 
This guy found a simple way to win $11K betting money line. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bettor-loses-1-4-million-after-chargers-blow-playoff-game-against-jaguars-per-report/

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Take Navy +20.5 at Notre Dame on August 26th.

Navy has been known to play the Irish tough and Navy’s style of offense translates better in an early opening game.

The way to beat Navy badly is having top level athletes at receiver, like Marvin Harrison Jr. types. If you have to run a lot or short pass it the score will likely be low scoring and getting that 22 pt lead would be difficult. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think you get a better return on a savings account😂😂

Did you see the post above yours where the guy placed a million dollars on the chargers money line to beat the jaguars

Up 27 nothing

A million dollars to win 11 Grand..  and he lost

But I want to stick to against the spread and over under with this thread with my picks

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you see the post above yours where the guy placed a million dollars on the chargers money line to beat the jaguars

Up 27 nothing

A million dollars to win 11 Grand..  and he lost

But I want to stick to against the spread and over under with this thread with my picks

Yeah I read that when it happened lol

Still a million to win 11k is a little over 1%

-25000 is less than half that

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah I read that when it happened lol

Still a million to win 11k is a little over 1%

-25000 is less than half that

True...  But I guess if you have the money ? It's gonna be nearly impossible for Bama to lose to middle Tennessee State

Not one kid at MTSU could get a scholarship at Alabama

But there's definitely smarter bets to give you a better return

58 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Someone placed 75k on Alabama vs MTSU

-25000 money line 

$75,000 to win 300

But hey... It's 300 bucks

Lol reminds me of that huge ass bet from Jax s divisional playoff. Came in at half time/early 3rd, Was like $100k to win $500 or something crazy like that 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Lol reminds me of that huge ass bet from Jax s divisional playoff. Came in at half time/early 3rd, Was like $100k to win $500 or something crazy like that 🤣🤣🤣

It was like 1.1 million to win 11 Grand 😂😂

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

True...  But I guess if you have the money ? It's gonna be nearly impossible for Bama to lose to middle Tennessee State

Not one kid at MTSU could get a scholarship at Alabama

But there's definitely smarter bets to give you a better return

Who upset Bama 2 years ago? Was someone the equivalent of MTSU! Or maybe the team just took them to OT in a nail biter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.