Impressions from game

JMM

31 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Gouraige did not get shellacked. He was great. Looked easy out there for him. Hope he gets reps against better opponents. 

im talking about the lineup that was out there. People were saying it was our primary backups. It wasn’t I was highlighting who was out there 

I don't think the choice comes down to shakir or shorter for the last wr spot.

They play different positions.

From the last Bills depth chart

X: Diggs, sherfield

Z: Gabe, Shorter

Y (slot): platoon between shakir/Harty

Every other WR is competing for 3rd slot position 

For that reason both shakir and shorter make the team.

It will be necessary to give shorter as many reps as possible as gabe will be a cap casualty in 2024. Shorter will need to be ready

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1

Now I know I can't believe some of you guys.  Kyle Allen didn't look terrible at all.  Morris dropped a first down catch that would have put us in the red zone and would have capped off a good day for him.  On the previous play Morris completely whiffed on a block that let the d end come in free for the sack.

In the second half Shavers let's a perfect pass doink off his shoulder and then should have caught the pick 6 pass.

When Tasker said "I say the trash" it was because Dane got caught up in traffic. 

Among several other things I saw differently,  those are just a few.

Disagree all you want Gunner, you're incorrect or can't evaluate properly. 

Edited by White Linen
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Firestick is ..well, Firestick. You can buy it just about everywhere. Unlimited TV is an app on Firestick you can purchase for $35/mo that shows ..well, EVERYTHING. 4 different feeds for every major sporting event (HD/SD, Home team broadcast, Away team broadcast.

can you get that through the reg hd tv app....(google tv) or is it an amazon thing?

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I’ll borrow from Sal:

Arrow up:

Torrence

Isabella 

Mims 

Dane Jackson 

Basham

Dorian Williams - you can see the talent 

Broeker - backup IOL right now 

Arrow down:

Kyle Allen 

Shakir - just can’t drop any easy ones the bar is too high in that WR room 

Shorter - not noticeable and was outplayed by Johnson and Ateman

Spector - just meh 

A note here, was commented upthread that Shorter only played a few snaps with Kyle Allen, who never looked his way.

So it's not really realistic to say he was "outplayed by Johnson and Ateman".

Edited by Beck Water

23 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Now I know I can't believe some of you guys.  Kyle Allen didn't look terrible at all.  Morris dropped a first down catch that would have put us in the red zone and would have capped off a good day for him.  On the previous play Morris completely whiffed on a block that let the d end come in free for the sack.

In the second half Shavers let's a perfect pass doink off his shoulder and then should have caught the pick 6 pass.

When Tasker said "I say the trash" it was because Dane got caught up in traffic. 

Among several other things I saw differently,  those are just a few.

Disagree all you want Gunner, you're incorrect or can't evaluate properly. 

That chuck to Murray was a thing of beauty, as was the double clutch screen he threw outside of Shavers’s frame for a touchdown.  Look, Kyle has an NFL arm and he’s mobile.   But if you were pleased with what you saw yesterday — especially after Barkley operated the 3s with barely a hiccup,  then I don’t know what to say. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JMM said:

Isabella flashed! Reminds me of young Beasley.  Keep him.

Just a little reminder that in Beasley's 4th season in the league, he contributed 52 catches for 536 yards.

A month into Andy Isabella's 4th season, the team that had drafted him in the 2nd round waived him.

Isabella is 26 years old, will be 27 years old and going into his 5th season.  We usually figure "he is who he is" for most guys at that point in their NFL careers.  Now I guess that can be wrong - look at Zay Jones.  But he needs to do more than flash against the third stringers to stay on the team.

6 minutes ago, White Linen said:

.... played very good.

Kyle?  Kyle Allen, Is That You? 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That chuck to Murray was a thing of beauty, as was the double clutch screen he threw outside of Shavers’s frame for a touchdown.  Look, Kyle has an NFL arm and he’s mobile.   But if you were pleased with what you saw yesterday — especially after Barkley operated the 3s with barely a hiccup,  then I don’t know what to say. 

I was more than pleased.  None of the sacks were on him.  He three the ball in fantastic placement several times and showed good mobility on the run for a 1st.  Even the play he got pressure and spun around and Ill advised threw the ball to Murray ended up saving 4 yards. He had a batted down ball you don't like to see. Shavers looled lacked ball skills on both of those Allen passes. But I really like a lot of what he did.  I watched with 3 other fans and we were all expecting much worse from Allen based on the comments here.  We all vehemently disagreed. Just OOP.

All in all he wasn't the trash many posted.

I can't compare him to Barkley because of exactly what you said, Allen against 1 and 2's.  

Edited by White Linen

16 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I was more than pleased.  None of the sacks were on him.  He three the ball in fantastic placement several times and showed good mobility on the run for a 1st.  Even the play he got pressure and spun around and Ill advised threw the ball to Murray ended up saving 4 yards. He had a batted down ball you don't like to see. But I really like a lot of what he did.  I watched with 3 other fans and we were all expecting much worse from Allen based on the comments here.  We all vehemently disagreed. Just OOP.

All in all he wasn't the trash many posted.

I can't compare him to Barkley because of exactly what you said, Allen against 1 and 2's.  

To the bolded, had he thrown the ball at Murray's feet he would have saved another 2 yards.

From the standards of Rob Johnson that was a good play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Only one of you can be right, WHO WILL IT BE

Two men in, one man out…

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

To the bolded, had he thrown the ball at Murray's feet he would have saved another 2 yards.

From the standards of Rob Johnson that was a good play.

I'd prefer he didn't throw it all, that's why I said ill advised.  There wasn't time to decide to throw it at his feet. 

Two drops by Shavers, one by Morris and Shakir and had they not been,  he's 12 of 15 and has a chance at a TD drive instead of FG on the Morris drop.

If you think he looked like Rob Johnson then you're another fan that can't evaluate properly. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just a little reminder that in Beasley's 4th season in the league, he contributed 52 catches for 536 yards.

A month into Andy Isabella's 4th season, the team that had drafted him in the 2nd round waived him.

Isabella is 26 years old, will be 27 years old and going into his 5th season.  We usually figure "he is who he is" for most guys at that point in their NFL careers.  Now I guess that can be wrong - look at Zay Jones.  But he needs to do more than flash against the third stringers to stay on the team.

Didn't that same team draft a QB in the 1st round in back to back seasons, also hire a College Football coach who got fired for not winning as a College Football coach and then proceeded to extend said coach after he proceeded to not win in the NFL? Not to high on Andy Isabella he seems to be having an alright camp and did well with the time he had in the Colts game, just wouldn't put too much weight in the Arizona Cardinals assessment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

His what?

There is a difference between all the way dead, and mostly dead…, 

• Haha (+1) 4

Guys that surprised me:

Cook looked sharp, hope that’s the norm.

Isabella, looked like a Legit slot WR, if that’s what he’s doing all the time, I want him on this team and the “starting” slot guy. 

There’s a lot of young WRs with potential, from that game, it’s going to be interesting to see who can stick.

Barkley is HEAD and shoulders above Allen, I hope they make the right call in who is on the game day roster.

Boogie looked good.

Of Note:

Shakir.. man so good and then the drop.  He’s a guy I want to love, but I worry about.  His routes looked great, couple real good catches and then the dump.. wtf. 

Not much pressure from the starting front 4, I know it’s vanilla, but come on guys.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I don't think the choice comes down to shakir or shorter for the last wr spot.

They play different positions.

From the last Bills depth chart

X: Diggs, sherfield

Z: Gabe, Shorter

Y (slot): platoon between shakir/Harty

Every other WR is competing for 3rd slot position 

For that reason both shakir and shorter make the team.

It will be necessary to give shorter as many reps as possible as gabe will be a cap casualty in 2024. Shorter will need to be ready

This logic is not unreasonable but not necessarily accurate either. Shakir took snaps at outside WR at Boise and lined up outside at times late year too. 

I haven't followed camp that much to know if he is getting any reps outside in 7 on 7, so perhaps you are correct. But I think he can play enough outside WR that it will come down to is he a top 6 wr or not. If he is then he will make the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.