Just another over priced preseason game

RVJ

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I can't imagine going to a preseason game, especially an early one where Josh isn't going to play.

If everyone stayed home maybe the NFL would get rid of this garbage.

Maybe keep 1.  There's no need for that, but no need for more than that either.

One time I went to the 4th preseason game (I believe this was the Vince Young Era) then the home opener a week later. Wild experience haha

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Last one i went to, my ticket was free from a friend, and it was dollar dogs and sodas.  I ate 6 hot dogs, walked down to field level and took some pictures, then left sometime in the 4th quarter to beat traffic.  

And to take a massive dump

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I can't imagine going to a preseason game, especially an early one where Josh isn't going to play.

You make someone a good agent / bail bondsman some day.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

its always been a good way for fans who cant afford regular season games or who want to go in a large group to get a chance to attend nfl games though imo.

The number of people not being able to afford tickets will be going up.

I wish I could find an investment which increased in prices as much as NFL tickets.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You make someone a good agent / bail bondsman some day.

The number of people not being able to afford tickets will be going up.

I wish I could find an investment which increased in prices as much as NFL tickets.

yes that is always the case, especially with the greed of the nfl. 

Bills fans are going to be finding out about the insanity of the PSL very soon.  One of the worst things to ever happen to fans.  I can't imagine the old school owners would have ever imagined doing this to their most loyal fans but NFL owners are all essentially as corrupt and morally bankrupt as Jerry Jones and his family at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

I wonder if that would result in shorter careers for the players? 

Do players that continually go to the playoffs have shorter careers than ones who don’t?

I don’t believe so.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Yes! Makes me wish I could’ve brought someone who has never been to a game to both. 

Yeah last preseason game to the home opener would be world's apart in the experience lol....Haven't done preseason in probably 20 years and don't think I've ever gone to the last preseason game

Bills fans are going to be finding out about the insanity of the PSL very soon.  One of the worst things to ever happen to fans.  I can't imagine the old school owners would have ever imagined doing this to their most loyal fans but NFL owners are all essentially as corrupt and morally bankrupt as Jerry Jones and his family at this point.  

You can’t honestly believe this right? They didn’t do these things because they couldn’t. To think that older owners (by the way, there’s still a bunch of them who have owned teams for a while now) wouldn’t have done this is incredibly naive thinking

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The coaches need at least a few preseason games to determine the PS, positional battles and to work out the last few roster spots. So while I massively dislike the preseason games being forced onto season ticket holders I don’t think abolishing the preseason is the solution. I would say simply giving season ticket holders the option to not buy preseason tickets is the way to go. That way if you don’t want the tickets you don’t need to pay for them. 

The NFL would never do that because they would lose money, but I wouldn’t mind local regulations stepping in given that public money is used to fund these stadiums so the public should have some reasonable influence in how these teams do business. But I also think local legislators have a billon more pressing issues to deal with 

PSL’s are so ludicrously corrupt and awful. The worst part was that in NY/NJ the PSL’s were promoted as some sort of investment which even by their own logic offered little in the way of value or return beyond being another massive fee. 

I would actually think that any stadium that receives tax payer funds shouldn’t be allowed to sell PSL’s

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Westside said:

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe even expanding the 53 player limit to 60. More rotation and depth to keep the players healthy. I'm sure the NFLPA would consider this.

Why not take a major step further.

- Add  8 -10 more weeks to the schedule and push the SB to early spring so teams don't qualify in blizzards and then play the championship game inside.

Might even make the SB more of a real game with real fans instead of a celebrity meet and greet. Dare I dream of a 3 game Championship with the 1st two

at each team's stadium and if necessary a 3rd at a neutral site?

- Increase the roster to 80 so teams could be managed like the NBA and MLB where players NEED to be rested (might also eliminate the Rams, Jets paradigm

of going all in for a season or two)

- Integrate that International Conference that keeps getting talked about and add a couple of byes to make travel less distruptive on teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.