Just another over priced preseason game

RVJ

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

You can’t honestly believe this right? They didn’t do these things because they couldn’t. To think that older owners (by the way, there’s still a bunch of them who have owned teams for a while now) wouldn’t have done this is incredibly naive thinking

I actually do.  I do not think they would do a lot of the things these families that own teams today do.  Jerry Jones changed everything.  Most owners are just like him.  

I really do not think guys like wellington mara and ralph wilson would ever do stuff like this.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The coaches need at least a few preseason games to determine the PS, positional battles and to work out the last few roster spots. So while I massively dislike the preseason games being forced onto season ticket holders I don’t think abolishing the preseason is the solution. I would say simply giving season ticket holders the option to not buy preseason tickets is the way to go. That way if you don’t want the tickets you don’t need to pay for them. 

All teams keep prices the same for season tickets for a year but not charge for season tickets. 

Season ticket holders would complain but teams take pain once rather than have people complaining about paying for preseason tickets year after year.

Season ticket holders would be given codes which they could use to get preseason tickets or could sell or give away

Preseason games are needed to see players at full season speed but it does not help for some positions when opposition teams play vanilla game plans with backups to backups.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.