Just another over priced preseason game

RVJ

I've been a season ticket holder over 43 years. I'm trying to remember. But I can't ever recall there ever being a 1pm

preseason game in Buffalo. There usually 7pm starts. Their calling for possible thunderstorms and 81 degrees that day.

I was looking at the odds. It went from Buffalo +3 1/2  early in the week to +5 1/2 tuesday. Now its +4. I know no one bets on

preseason football. But I found it curious the Bills being underdogs at home. Must be the Anthony Richardson effect.

1 minute ago, RVJ said:

I've been a season ticket holder over 43 years. I'm trying to remember. But I can't ever recall there ever being a 1pm

preseason game in Buffalo. There usually 7pm starts. Their calling for possible thunderstorms and 81 degrees that day.

I was looking at the odds. It went from Buffalo +3 1/2  early in the week to +5 1/2 tuesday. Now its +4. I know no one bets on

preseason football. But I found it curious the Bills being underdogs at home. Must be the Anthony Richardson effect.

Batting preseason is where sharks make tons of money

Lot of lines and over unders are way off

• Agree 1

I can't imagine going to a preseason game, especially an early one where Josh isn't going to play.

If everyone stayed home maybe the NFL would get rid of this garbage.

Maybe keep 1.  There's no need for that, but no need for more than that either.

• Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I can't imagine going to a preseason game, especially an early one where Josh isn't going to play.

Last one i went to, my ticket was free from a friend, and it was dollar dogs and sodas.  I ate 6 hot dogs, walked down to field level and took some pictures, then left sometime in the 4th quarter to beat traffic.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have a buddy who is taking his grandkids to the Bengals preseason game tonight. The kids will enjoy it, you don’t have to worry about winning and losing, and you can leave whenever they get bored or you just feel like leaving. That’s about all I got by way of a positive twist.

I remember going with my girlfriend and a couple buddies to see a preseason game decades ago. We had a blast, but it was nothing like going to an actual Bills football game. It’s was a party in the stadium with football for background. I remember where we sat, we played the Broncos and there was vodka and lemonade involved. Somebody probably won. 

It’s a shame you have to buy these tickets to get seasons, but I guess you just have to look at it as part of the bigger picture. At the very least, get it down to two games, home and away. That way you only have to buy one. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

its always been a good way for fans who cant afford regular season games or who want to go in a large group to get a chance to attend nfl games though imo.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RVJ said:

When I had seasons, I would just give the pre-season tickets away rather than make the 2 & 1/2 hour drive.

Mercifully, the Bills only have one pre-season game this year.

2 hours ago, RVJ said:

Wah,wah,wah.

Odds are meaningless in preseason games because you don't know how starters will be used. It can get kind of sloppy and disorganized.   I'm just looking for sleepers and something positive from backups and rookies. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's all about revenue. You buy seasons you buy preseason and it's all about total $. Only way they would get rid of 1 more preseason game would be to add 1 regular season game, something the NFLPA has pushed back on

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's all about revenue. You buy seasons you buy preseason and it's all about total $. Only way they would get rid of 1 more preseason game would be to add 1 regular season game, something the NFLPA has pushed back on

I am waiting for the 18-game regular season with just 2 preseason games. These 17 game seasons where the conferences switch back and forth between 9 home games, and 8 home games is dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Gregg said:

I am waiting for the 18-game regular season with just 2 preseason games. These 17 game seasons where the conferences switch back and forth between 9 home games, and 8 home games is dumb.

It's probably coming soon. I read maybe as early as 2025. I think NFLPA will push back but eventually $ will win, more revenue, higher salary cap, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Westside said:

I wonder if that would result in shorter careers for the players? 

I think definitely more injuries so yes probably shorter careers. That's a looong season. Maybe 2 bye weeks would help but then you are pushing the regular season out until mid Jan

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

I think definitely more injuries so yes probably shorter careers. That's a looong season. Maybe 2 bye weeks would help

I definitely could see 2 bye weeks. Super Bowl would probably be pushed back to mid Feb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RVJ said:

You titled the thread about ticket pricing but then proceed to talk about the weather, start times, and betting lines? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

I think definitely more injuries so yes probably shorter careers. That's a looong season. Maybe 2 bye weeks would help

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe even expanding the 53 player limit to 60. More rotation and depth to keep the players healthy. I'm sure the NFLPA would consider this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.