OT…All is not going well on South Beach

78thealltimegreat

On 8/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, Success said:

Their line wasn't that good last year - and arguably got worse.  Reading some of the Pats boards, it's their biggest concern heading into the season (aside from whether or not Jones can take the next step).

I don't see it as worse, with Saffold, that walking disaster, gone. But I worry about Spencer Brown. If he's a liability again (or once again injured), the Bills willl need to keep Dawson Knox in, as they did last year. 

1 hour ago, finn said:

I don't see it as worse, with Saffold, that walking disaster, gone. But I worry about Spencer Brown. If he's a liability again (or once again injured), the Bills willl need to keep Dawson Knox in, as they did last year. 

Oh, for sure. I think our line is a LOT better, actually.  My comment was about the Patriots O-line, which looks to be worse than last year.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, finn said:

According to accounts the #1 o-line has been looking much better so far this preseason, and did well in the 1st preseason game, imo we will see notable improvement throughout the season, 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Fits in well with the West Coast Sound.  His version of 'Light My Fire' is timeless, but I find 'Feliz Navidad' a stale holiday dirge.

🤔

That's because it's just 3 words long.

• Haha (+1) 1

What's the over/under on the number of games Tua is able to finish?

If by some magic they could be assured that Tua will stay healthy all year, I would be scared of these Dolphins. But the backups are Mike White* and Skylar Thompson. Almost as incredible as them not shoring up the O line to protect a particularly fragile QB is them failing to bring in a competent backup. This will not end well.

*And I kind of like Mike White, at least theoretically on an offense that can protect him. That was not the Jets, and it is not the Dolphins.

9 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

We’re about to find out if McDaniel is a genius or not this year. 

that play was too easy for the safety

Yeah this was the kind of thing our former Def Coord passed up because, oh well, THE SCHEME.

Of course if McDermott starts calling 3rd and 18 like Frazier.......

Edited by pocoboy

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

I think it is because they know how to read a depth chart:

image.thumb.png.c7dd93c4096add691f55b2f97e4b9045.png

Dude, preseason depth charts are one step up from astrology.  Even regular season depth charts need to be taken with a salt shaker.

The Bills acknowledge that there are a bunch of active battles, including for RG.  This version of a preseason depth chart doesn't

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.