Training Camp - 8/7 - 9:45am

The Wiz

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd honestly give Chad Kelly a try before any of these options. 

I would too.  If our OL isn’t good in pass protection the 2 guys we have don’t stand a chance.  I’d prefer to have a backup that can scramble and create plays with his legs

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I would too.  If our OL isn’t good in pass protection the 2 guys we have don’t stand a chance.  I’d prefer to have a backup that can scramble and create plays with his legs

Just throwing this out there, but the Jets just released Streveler. I've only seen him play once against the Jags and he looked decent at times. He has some scramble ability and is pretty young

EDIT: Never mind, dude apparently had a terrible outing against Cleveland and got hurt, scratch that

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Not a great vote of confidence here for the oline. 

Instead, we Bills fans should be confident that the oline will be good in pass protection. 

• Eyeroll 2

42 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not a great vote of confidence here for the oline. 

Instead, we Bills fans should be confident that the oline will be good in pass protection. 

who cares what it is?  It’s a post on a message board 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

who cares what it is?  It’s a post on a message board 

Ok let's me try another angle. What makes you say that if the pass protection is poor? 

Doesn't that imply some level of uncertainty or lack of confidence? 

• Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok let's me try another angle. What makes you say that if the pass protection is poor? 

Hold on….. let me get this straight.  You, @newcam2012, are questioning me about having confidence in an aspect of the Bills team?   This must be some alternate universe. Help!

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Hold on….. let me get this straight.  You, @newcam2012, are questioning me about having confidence in an aspect of the Bills team?   This must be some alternate universe. Help!

I did and you still haven't answered or addressed my question. Rather you come at me in a derogatory fashion.  No biggie.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you @newcam2012 have confidence in Spencer Brown and Dion Dawkins providing adequate protection for Josh Allen? Better yet their backups

we haven't even seen them play a game yet this year....yet everyone want to jump off the bridge.  

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Do you @newcam2012 have confidence in Spencer Brown and Dion Dawkins providing adequate protection for Josh Allen? Better yet their backups

Dawkins yes, he has been good in the past why would I expect him to just suck now.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Also perhaps some thoughts on Brandon Beane's usage of recent 2rd and 3rd round picks while we are at it

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I did and you still haven't answered or addressed my question. Rather you come at me in a derogatory fashion.  No biggie.

Answer what question?

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The first question? 

🤣 I didn’t think it was a real question.  What makes me say if the pass protection is poor?  Because it may be poor…… like last season.  It looks as if the IOL should be better than last year but brown is still a starter and Dion hasn’t been great.  I’m not saying it will be bad….. I’m saying that it might be bad…. And if it is, our backups don’t stand a chance……

The second question?  Does that imply some level of uncertainty or confidence?  Uhhhhhh yeah.  We haven’t even played a preseason games of course there’s a lot of uncertainty.  If someone is certain our OL will be good or bad at this stage of the season, they’re full of it.  

💩 questions my man

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
19 hours ago, Airseven said:

Assume Rousseau, Floyd, Oliver, Jones are starters. Ford + Settle rotate inside. Epenesa + Lawson rotate outside. I agree - shop Basham. Perhaps still young and versatile enough to have 5th-6th round value to somebody. Cut Phillips as he's the largest cap savings of the fringe group. Miller to PUP. That's eight. 

I see Settle being cut. He was a bit of a disappointment last year, and Ford can rotate with Oliver. 

• Disagree 2

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

"When I put on the pads...... it's time to get violent."

LF may have the personality to push this DL into a tougher mode.  Well, that's my wish starting with Aaron and the Jets.

I like this guys mindset. I like that he feels his teammates will all "get to eat" and no drop off. in ability whoever plays..........What!~!~!

..OMG if that is true. That the  entire DL potentially is  playing  and even could potentially play at that level.  At the level of  a Leonard Floyd. I got goosebumps. 

plus he is FINE hermano. OH MY.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yes. Beane knows what he's doing. He knows the importance of the oline. He added several solid pieces to the oline this off season. The oline looks to be much improved from last year. 

Brown is young and should only improve if healthy. Beane has given him his endorsement. He knows more than me. Kromer should be able to develop the youngster. 

Dawkins is solid and I'm confident he will remain a stable piece of the oline. 

In short, I think this year's oline should be solid. Not top ten but still solid. Much improved from last year. I don't see the oline as a liability. 

Trust the process.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, finn said:

I see Settle being cut. He was a bit of a disappointment last year, and Ford can rotate with Oliver. 

He got pretty nicked up.

Oliver and Phillips then  Settle , D Jones and Ford  have separate roles to play. And yea that's five

I want to keep more of the D line than Bills we be able to this season ! The rotation will be brutal !

I heard that Floyd said , "all these guys are starters on another team , best rotation he has ever seen " roughly speaking

Going to be a tough cut down up front this year.

Whomever can get to PS will need to be stashed there. And let Miller keep rehabbing , even if healthy till needed😆

I like Tim on the Bills.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

I disagree. He’s been having a good camp. 

who are Bills keeping then, In your opinion :)

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

If you didn't see it.  Here's the catch that Kincaid made.

Oh thats stupid good already

Josh took the shot with defender not looking at him . and Kincaid moves at the last second to the ball in the place no one can catch it. And he catches it !

Thats it for me

I AM SOLD on the Kid

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

He got pretty nicked up.

Oliver and Phillips then  Settle , D Jones and Ford  have separate roles to play. And yea that's five

I want to keep more of the D line than Bills we be able to this season ! The rotation will be brutal !

I heard that Floyd said , "all these guys are starters on another team , best rotation he has ever seen " roughly speaking

Going to be a tough cut down up front this year.

Whomever can get to PS will need to be stashed there. And let Miller keep rehabbing , even if healthy till needed😆

I like Tim on the Bills.

who are Bills keeping then, In your opinion :)

Oliver, Ford, Jones, Phillips and Settle.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd honestly give Chad Kelly a try before any of these options. 

No backup QB discussion on this board is complete without someone still saying Jim Kelly’s ne’er-do-well relative deserves a shot with the Bills.

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Yes. Beane knows what he's doing. He knows the importance of the oline. He added several solid pieces to the oline this off season. The oline looks to be much improved from last year. 

Brown is young and should only improve if healthy. Beane has given him his endorsement. He knows more than me. Kromer should be able to develop the youngster. 

Dawkins is solid and I'm confident he will remain a stable piece of the oline. 

In short, I think this year's oline should be solid. Not top ten but still solid. Much improved from last year. I don't see the oline as a liability. 

Trust the process.

Who are you and what have you done with newcam?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.