James Cook SZN incoming.

FireChans

I have been watching some games from last season just for fun. The more I watch Cook in his limited role last year, the more excited I get.

Cook, as we know, struggled to get on the field last year. Part of that may have just been some of his rawness in regards to the little things, things that Singletary as a less athletic player was clearly better at.

But now, with a full off-season, a decent rookie season under his belt, and limited competition from a pass-catching standpoint, I really think Cook is gonna have a monster year. His burst is undeniable when watching him play last season. If he can tighten up in pass pro and his field awareness, I could see Cook with easily 1200 scrimmage yards. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I have been watching some games from last season just for fun. The more I watch Cook in his limited role last year, the more excited I get.

Cook, as we know, struggled to get on the field last year. Part of that may have just been some of his rawness in regards to the little things, things that Singletary as a less athletic player was clearly better at.

But now, with a full off-season, a decent rookie season under his belt, and limited competition from a pass-catching standpoint, I really think Cook is gonna have a monster year. His burst is undeniable when watching him play last season. If he can tighten up in pass pro and his field awareness, I could see Cook with easily 1200 scrimmage yards. 

Who are you and what have you done with Chans

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, when we talk where the team got better/worse — 

james cook is one of my excitements

the only thing to grapple with is how limited the run game should be with a franchise qb. I think the kids got real explosive potential though. He pops. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Cook doesn't fumble on his first career carry, I think his 2022 season would've gone much differently. He didn't touch the ball again in the opening game, and had only 35 total touches in Weeks 2-9

As long as Cook doesn't fumble vs the Jets Week 1, I expect he'll be the RB1 for the season.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You just want me to buy those really expensive season tickets,  well it ain't working...

Go out to your shed, grab the crowbar and stuff it into your wallet and pry it open, we are all confident you can do it,

oh, and don’t go on about losing the keys for the door, 

• Haha (+1) 3

He should excel in the dumpoff role underneath with his pass catching ability. If he can turn it upfield faster than old man Singletary could, it will do alot more damage. 

I think Josh lost faith in the dumpoffs after watching Singletary struggle for the last few years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.