Bills to work out TE Jace Sternberger (now signed to 1 year deal)

JohnNord

I really like this move for Buffalo.  I became aware of Sternberger in the USFL because he was having such a great year.  

IMO it’s worth trying him out.  Who knows if they sign him, he may have a shot to compete at TE with Quinton Morris who hasn’t shown to be a great blocker

• Like (+1) 8

• JohnNord changed the title to Bills to work out USFL Standout TE Jace Sternberger on Monday
24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Another camp body to push Morris. Can't hate that. 

That was my first impression but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him beat out Morris.  Morris did some good things as a receiver at TE but he was a terrible blocker.  

I wouldn’t put money on it but I think Jace has a chance

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He was in the good TE class of 2019, from which the Bills drafted Dawson Knox. 

From memory I think they had Sternberger in for a pre-draft visit that spring. They looked hard at that group and were determined to draft one. They took a flier on Kahale Warring a couple of years ago on the practice squad as well. He was the same, came out of that class, went in the 3rd, flamed out in Houston. 

So I suspect this is another guy who has been on their radar a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.