Sage Advice & Pearls of Wisdom

boyst

On 7/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, Mr Info said:

I somewhat agree with this but, as a child, how far back are your memories for vacations? Children younger than 5-6 will probably have lille or no memory of the vacation. We took our two boys for a beach vacation in France when they were 8-9. We have to remind them or show pics of events that occurred as they have little memory of these.

Same thing here. My college age daughter has basically zero memory of the sites we saw in Europe when she was 9.

I have decided that all the photos/videos are for the purpose of creating false memories in our kids, which in many cases may be better than the real thing (since we tend to take pictures/videos of the peak moment and not of endless waiting in line, etc)

When someone says, "He's a nice guy once you get to know him," they really mean, "He's an @$$#0le but eventually you'll get used to it."

And the corollary: When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

• Like (+1) 2

I totally agree with this pearl....stolen from George Carlin.

"When you're born into this world, you are given a ticket to the freak show.  When you are born in America, you are given a front row seat."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • "The grass isn't greener on the other side...the grass is greener where you choose to water it."

• "If you took a room full of random people and had everyone write down all the problems in their life on a sheet of paper, fold it up into little squares, put it in a hat and then pass it around and pick out a random square, you'd find out 2 things.

First, you'd find out that everyone has problems in their life they are dealing with.

Second, you'd find that you probably would want your list of problems back instead of the one in front of you."

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.