The duo is back!

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

It was incredible. That was a perfect pass. I mean the WR could have caught it with his eyes closed. And Hyde seemed to have come out of no where and make an insanely athletic catch. It was a thing of beauty. 

edit: just click the “watch on YouTube”

Not taking anything away from Hyde, that was an amazingly athletic play on his part, but it was far from a perfect pass. If you watch the pylon view at the end, it's behind Aghalor and because of Jone's barely NFL caliber arm he's got to put a ton of air under it so it takes forever to get to the WR. A perfectly thrown pass would have been out in front of Aghalor without the loft on it and Hyde would have had no shot at it.

9 hours ago, transient said:

Not taking anything away from Hyde, that was an amazingly athletic play on his part, but it was far from a perfect pass. If you watch the pylon view at the end, it's behind Aghalor and because of Jone's barely NFL caliber arm he's got to put a ton of air under it so it takes forever to get to the WR. A perfectly thrown pass would have been out in front of Aghalor without the loft on it and Hyde would have had no shot at it.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, Josh made almost the same exact play around that same time in the game. Except with his cannon arm he was able to rope it and get the ball there like a full second earlier, avoiding the safety coming over the top and picking it off as opposed to McCorkle's duck.

It was awesome that the broadcast then put the plays up side by side and picked apart McCorkle's weak ass throw. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Fat Boys are back...

And they could never ever ever be whack...

ba-ba-ba-baby you're a rich man!

i don't know why, but i was thinking of the movie disorderlies.  loved it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Agreed. This has the potential of a very disastrous season.

- Von coming off of an ACL

- Hyde coming off of a serious neck injury

- Poyer coming off of a year he was consistently banged up AND showed signs of decline

I truly question whether Von will be toast. Its one thing to come back from an ACL when you're in your mid 20's. But 34? Different ballgame.

I think Von will be fine.  This was a less serious tear than the one from his 20's.  Also, we have Floyd to cover in Von's absence.  Greg R. shows up when he has someone opposite him to take blocks.

Hyde should be fine. 

Poyer did get beat up, that's likely the result of playing too much and covering too much at the position due to Hyde being out, and now we have a healthy Hyde and Rapp to take the load off Poyer.  

I'm more worried about whether we will continue to see the passive defense of the past few seasons or a more aggressive D that can get it done in the playoffs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.