The Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?

The Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Inspired by a response, just curious... the Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?

39 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I cringe when I see other fanbases mock the Bills with their 4 straight SB loses.  They forget that included in that record are 4 straight AFC Championships.  

It was sad they didn't pull one out, but actually getting to 4 straight is borderline impossible, and the ignorance of that fact is astounding in my opinion.  It's an amazing feat.

I was mocked by a bunch of fans in a bar once when I worked on the road in last 2000s.  They called me Billlls Lllloser.   I pointed out that the fans were wearing gear from the Browns and Lions their team has never been to Superbowl and the other fans were wearing gear from teams which have been there but also never won. One pointed out their team lost less Superbowls than Bills and I pointed out it is because they won less conference championships than Bills.  They went to prey on some hockey fan then.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I don't think Bad is the correct way to look at it....Bittersweet would be more accurate

Best description I have heard.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Champions of the AFC four years in a row is not bad by any metric. It astonishes me to this day how fans from other teams use that as a put down for this franchise. 

Those games were 30 years ago. Not one player, scout or executive (or owner) is around from that era anymore to my knowledge. Maybe a few of the gate guards because some of them look ancient. 

It's almost as irrelevant as when Jet fans yell "yeah but we have a Super Bowl" that was what...50 years ago? That a very high percentage of them weren't even alive to see? At least a good amount of us have SEEN our team in a Super Bowl.

Thought I just read an article the other day, that some guy just retired who was around back then??

• Like (+1) 1

funny

in trying to answer, i realized I'm still not over it.

I was trying hard to give a non-emotional answer.   And i couldnt.

voted anyway.  My anger voted "bad."   Technically, all you can say is "we were definitely better than 15 other teams, 4 years in a row."

(which is stupid and i know better.  But I'm still mad)

2 hours ago, Negan said:

At the end of the day it's about the ride, it would be great to win a Superbowl some day but my friends teams that won super bowls giants, Chiefs, etc, their life isn't any different.

I dont know about that.

My friends' lives seem to be lots better.    Niners fans.  Bears fans.  Even Jets fans.

I have only won championships or trophies a couple times.   Mostly in middle school or high school.   And I will never ever forget them.  My life IS better because i won a high school  chess trophy in the City of Buffalo in the 1980s.

Not saying my life IS better objectively or on a scale.  But i am MUCH happier with the memories and with having been a champion at at least one thing.

Edited by maddenboy

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’ve always said, if the bills even just make the Super Bowl once, the fandemonium, euphoria and momentum of bills mafia will propel them to at least go to 3 superbowls in a row again. 

I'd pry go with solid team construction, elite quarterback play, excellent coaching, and a lot of luck with injuries.  As for the question, the Bills losing four straight Super Bowls is not bad because that means you won four straight AFC Conference championships.  To me that's more impressive than winning one Super Bowl.

I’d rather lose four straight that to lose none.  Or one.  Or two straight. Or three straight.  

the team is regarded by many as one of the best teams in history.  How many other SB losers are held in that regard?  

19 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It was awful. 

How can anyone see it differently?  Some of you are nuts.

Awful is being terrible and having nothing to root for for 17 straight years. 

I remember expecting the Bills to win every time they stepped on the field those days.  Losing Super bowls sucked, there's no way around that, but not going and having to hope for wins sucked even worse.  

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I would have rather won 4 than won 1. 

I would have rather won 1 than lost 4.

I would have rather lost 4 than lost 1.

I would have rather lost 1 than never played in one.

This begs the question, would you rather be the Jets or the Bills? The Jets have won one Super Bowl, but otherwise have been essentially an afterthought in the NFL. The Bills going to the Super Bowl four years in a row, something no other team has accomplished, sure looks better to me even though they went 0-4 in the big game. And of course you can't forget the Bills had 2 AFL Championships, and I would have loved to see them play the Browns in '64 and the Packers in '65.

4 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

This begs the question, would you rather be the Jets or the Bills? The Jets have won one Super Bowl, but otherwise have been essentially an afterthought in the NFL. The Bills going to the Super Bowl four years in a row, something no other team has accomplished, sure looks better to me even though they went 0-4 in the big game. And of course you can't forget the Bills had 2 AFL Championships, and I would have loved to see them play the Browns in '64 and the Packers in '65.

I’m not 80 so I’d rather be the Bills. 

Yeah, it was that bad.  For four years.

XXV, great played game, well outside of not maintaining TOP.  Oh, and Ottis.  Goddamn.

Redskins ugh.

Cowboys I was a living abortion.

Cowboys II was totally on brand.  Bills showed up, bumble*****ed their way into losing, then lost again.

Yes, getting your soul ripped out of you 4 years in a row is BAD.

That era of Bills football was magical however, and provided plenty of fun and excitement along the way.

I do recall though, heading into the 2nd Cowboys SB, thinking that there's just no way we win at this point, for one reason or another.

I wasn't wrong.

Those SB losses were hard to swallow.  They hit some fans a lot harder than others.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.