Report: Bills allegedly privately open to trading Diggs "under the right circumstances"

Big Turk

Publicly they continue to say he isn't for trade, but apparently privately they would be open to it under the right circumstances...allegedly. 

If this report is true, what do you think the "right circumstances" would be?

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-privately-open-traiding-stefon-diggs/amp/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Dislike 5

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Publicly they continue to say he isn't for trade, but apparently privately they would be open to it under the right circumstances...allegedly. 

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-privately-open-traiding-stefon-diggs/amp/

"apparently" "allegedly"... what do You think the right circumstances would be on this hot take?

1 minute ago, T&C said:

"apparently" "allegedly"... what do You think the right circumstances would be on this hot take?

I mean it's coming from LaConfora clone Benjamin Albright, so probably not great, but on the small chance it's true...

• Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I had previously posted this report on another thread.  It seemed worthy of noticing.  But not worthy of its own thread.  At least, that's how I added it up. 

It's probably BS.  Diggs' contract makes a trade hard.  And he's too important to the offense.

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Didn't they just pay him a ton of money?  His cap hit would be huge

Yes.  Most insiders concede Diggs contract makes him untraceable this season.  It’s somewhere above $40M of dead cap.  

Remember there is no “post June 1” designation for trades, I’ve personally made that mistake

With the exception of Allen, he is our best player on offense. If the Bills were rebuilding and looking to acquire picks, then I could see it. But they are trying to win a Super Bowl so it's not going to happen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Given the massive dead cap we'd incur the next 2 seasons by trading Diggs there's really no "right circumstances" that we can trade him. 

The situation would have to deteriorate to the point that he's sitting out or sabotaging his on field play. At which point we trade him for whatever we can get and live with the dead cap

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

. what do You think the right circumstances would be on this hot take?

1. NFL eliminates the salary cap

2. Minnesota offers Jefferson straight up

3. Secret love letters to Kirk Cousins are found in Diggs locker

Other than that, I think this thing is a go.

• Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean it's coming from LaConfora clone Benjamin Albright, so probably not great, but on the small chance it's true...

A Bills gossip forum would be great here... this is nothing at all.

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes.  Most insiders concede Diggs contract makes him untraceable this season.  It’s somewhere above $40M of dead cap.  

Remember there is no “post June 1” designation for trades, I’ve personally made that mistake

He's going to disappear after the bye this season too???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1