Highest Graded Bills Since 2006 List

wppete

Is this a list of single best years or is this cumulative year to year?  Weird to see Byrd over Allen, but Byrd did have one year for the Bills where I remember he played out of his mind.  Something like an interception a game for 8 or 9 games or something insane.  

Edited by Adam727

13 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

Weird to see Byrd over Allen,

First, it's not like it's all factual and not subjective.

Two, it's position based rankings, compared to peers. Overall a QB is more valuable and influential to a team's success than a safety.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I forgot Cordy Glenn even existed. Good player in his day though. And people forget how good Byrd was early in his playing days. Shame he fell off due to (I believe) the foot issue. 

He had one or two good years. We seemed to have a lot of players like that in the drought era. Guys who would play really well for a bit and get us excited, but not live up to it later after we pay them.

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

He had one or two good years. We seemed to have a lot of players like that in the drought era. Guys who would play really well for a bit and get us excited, but not live up to it later after we pay them.

Disagree. His rookie year he was splendid. Had a couple of solid years in years 2 and 3. Was really good again the next two years and played very well his first year for the Saints. All in all after his first 5 years in Buffalo he was near the top of his position NFL wide. 

Not really that he didn't live up to it in New Orleans talent wise but he legitimately had a foot issue that slowed him big time. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

To me he will always be known as a vital part of the trade tree that got us the pick for Allen.  

Solid player.  

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

To me he will always be known as a vital part of the trade tree that got us the pick for Allen.  

Solid player. 

Yup.  He was pretty much on his last legs when they traded him to the Bengals to move from 21 to 12 (making him worth a mid-2nd rounder).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adam727 said:

Is this a list of single best years or is this cumulative year to year?  Weird to see Byrd over Allen, but Byrd did have one year for the Bills where I remember he played out of his mind.  Something like an interception a game for 8 or 9 games or something insane.  

I think it’s Best season grade. Not overall career. 

2 hours ago, Adam727 said:

It is the best single season.

Off the top of my head I would have thought Mario Williams, Tre White, and Lee Evans would be on this list.   Evans in 2006 had 82 catches for nearly 1300 yards, 8 TDs,  and a 15.8 YPC.  Williams in 2013 had 13 sacks and followed it up in 2014 with 14.5 sacks.  White made All-Pro in 2019 and had 6 picks with a ridiculous QB rating against of less than 40 for the entire season.  Byrd was good but this season by White was superior. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I always thought Byrd was overrated.   Often out of position.   The picks seemed more a function of luck than superior play’

Good to see the other top 5 spots are held by current Bills.

He was a real team player, though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Adam727 said:

It must be a list of best seasons because Josh’s best is a 91.6. Wish they would’ve put the years for each player in the graphic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.