Media predictions for the AFC East

newcam2012

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

The AFC East has been dominated by the best QB since the turn of century. That isn't going to change this year.

Bills injuries were insane last year, I can't see how it can be that bad again. Their whole secondary missed multiple games. 3 out of 4 DLine. Allen was hurt and Davis was hurt. 

It was a nightmare season last year WRT off-field incidents and on-field player losses/injuries.  The off-field stuff won't come close to what happened last year and hopefully they can be healthier this year.

I've seen this sentiment around.

The Bills are taking a step back.  Miami & NY are poised to challenge for the division. If you read any stuff from New England, pundits and fans there think that they're "sneaky good" and that everyone is underestimating them.

It actually wouldn't shock me to see the Bills wrap up the division by mid-November.  This is the best Bills team in my lifetime.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

https://twsn.net/2023/06/the-buffalo-bills-will-not-win-the-afc-east-in-2023

Who is this writer? Certainly, makes some good points but leaves out several too. 

I still think the Bills have to be considered favorites in the division. 

Why would you dignify that nonsensical crap by making a thread out of it. This unknown sorry excuse for a NFL contributor is proud of his groundbreaking prediction but unfortunately all his reasoning is flawed. First, his assertion the Bills haven’t added talent is just silly. On defense, Floyd,Ford, Rapp, Williams,Dantzler not to mention the return of Hyde, Miller. On offense, McGovern, Shell,Edwards, Sherfield, Murray, Hardy, Harris and Kincaid. Why is this unknown qualified to say how good our running backs will be? How does he know Tua will be good enough to win a division? Does he know how the Jets , who haven’t made the playoffs in many years will overcome their O-line issues or their #1 RB coming off an ACL will play. Aaron Rodgers is an all time great, but he’s 40 on his next birthday and gets hurt every year. Give me Josh any day and always respect the champs until someone vanquishes them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I kinda like the thought of playing the Fins in Miami if they win the division.

With his track record I'll take JA17 in Miami on a 40-50 degree January day everytime. 

It will be nice having the sun shining on the Bills' bench...

• Haha (+1) 1

What the writer says does has some truth and value to it. If that is "dignifying" then so be it.

As you correctly pointed out many improvements to the Bills roster was omitted. 

I'd ask why do you seem so defensive and even angry? 

I posted it because I think it's stimulating to get alternative viewpoints. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Disagree 1

The Bills had arguably the worst injury luck in the league last year and still only lost 3 games by a combined 8 points. Despite what this nobody says, they also clearly got better in the off-season. 

We are definitely not a lock to win the division with the Jets and Dolphins making huge strides, but we're still the favorite for good reason.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

What the writer says does has some truth and value to it. If that is "dignifying" then so be it.

Ok…

Out of interest… do you think if the guy predicts the Bills to win the Division.. does anyone care?

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

His level of writing reminds me of my high school newspaper 

When I was an editor in college I have seen worse and most of them were English or Journalism majors doing articles or columns to meet requirements for degree.  Had one professor ask for originally submitted articles from me and since he was the University's official representative as well as their professor I did so but I also told the staff that we would be doing verbal reviews from now on before they gave me their first drafts.

So it’s been determined just find something else to do with your Sundays in the fall as this individual has determined how the season will go before a snap has been taken. 
No need to buy tickets or goto a game or even buy Bills merchandise since it’s clear they are the worst team in the division now that how it works?  

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You’re confusing being defensive and angry for being less tolerant of shock value commentary that is designed to diminish the achievements of a team that was built to compete for as long as Josh is a Bill. I mean why would you give credence to an unknown Bills hater who offers up a prediction of abject failure by one of the elite teams in football. Poor reasoning, a serious lack of preparation in knowing personnel and an ill conceived optimistic perspective on unproven teams, is not a reason to doubt a known entity and a 3 year division winner, who finished 13 and 3 just last year after being decimated by injuries. These predictions don’t deserve serious discussions. 

38 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

You’re confusing being defensive and angry for being less tolerant of shock value commentary that is designed to diminish the achievements of a team that was built to compete for as long as Josh is a Bill. I mean why would you give credence to an unknown Bills hater who offers up a prediction of abject failure by one of the elite teams in football. Poor reasoning, a serious lack of preparation in knowing personnel and an ill conceived optimistic perspective on unproven teams, is not a reason to doubt a known entity and a 3 year division winner, who finished 13 and 3 just last year after being decimated by injuries. These predictions don’t deserve serious discussions. 

Lots of assumptions here. I'll leave it at that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.