Media predictions for the AFC East

newcam2012

Go to the corner right and click video. NFL Futures: Will the Bills win the AFC East

Some good perspective on where the Bills stand in the AFCE with all the current moves by their rivals.

Finally some reality in a crazy football world🤣

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-season-scouting-the-afc-east-key-facts-to-know-about-jets-dolphins-bills-and-patriots/

Edited by billsbackto81

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Go to the corner right and click video. NFL Futures: Will the Bills win the AFC East

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-season-scouting-the-afc-east-key-facts-to-know-about-jets-dolphins-bills-and-patriots/

Don't thirst trap me. Provide a little more actual context and original thought so I can make an informed decision to click on that link or not. 

• Simon changed the title to Media predictions for the AFC East

This, on paper, is the best AFC East I can ever remember. There was always only one and occasionally 2 teams that were good. I think the Pats are only team that would shock me if they won the division, and they have a top 5ish defense and a good running game. 

the bills are still by far the favorites. But I can see the bills with a worse record being a better team than they were last year because we don’t have 5 guaranteed wins this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This, on paper, is the best AFC East I can ever remember. There was always only one and occasionally 2 teams that were good. I think the Pats are only team that would shock me if they won the division, and they have a top 5ish defense and a good running game. 

the bills are still by far the favorites. But I can see the bills with a worse record being a better team than they were last year because we don’t have 5 guaranteed wins this year.

This reminds me of the 1981 season. The Dolphins won the division with an 11-4-1 record. The Jets were 10-5-1 and the Bills were 10-6. That led to the 1981 WC game at Shea Stadium where Bill Simpson intercepted Richard Todd at the goal line with just seconds left as the Bills held on for a 31-27 win.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

If the Jags go 10-7 in that horrible division that will be a wildly unimpressive season. Looks like they think the Chargers are gonna Charger too

I would love for the Bills to go 13-4 but I can't see that. With the schedule my guess is 10-12 wins as the floor/ceiling. The Jets and Dolphins win totals are also a little too high in these predictions.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Don't care as long as we win the Super Bowl. If we are 10-7 and a wildcard team I doubt anyone is going to think they have an easy win over the Bills come playoff time assuming everyone is healthy

Wait, you won’t care about our record if we win the SB??? Someone call the fire department to put out this scorching hot take!!!!! 🚒

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

This reminds me of the 1981 season. The Dolphins won the division with an 11-4-1 record. The Jets were 10-5-1 and the Bills were 10-6. That led to the 1981 WC game at Shea Stadium where Bill Simpson intercepted Richard Todd at the goal line with just seconds left as the Bills held on for a 31-27 win.

Frank Lewis was a beast that day. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait, you won’t care about our record if we win the SB??? Someone call the fire department to put out this scorching hot take!!!!! 🚒

The point is it's not worth it to try and go 14-3 and get home field and meanwhile everyone on your team is worn out or injured. Nobody remembers if the Patriots won the AFC East only that they won super bowls

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

The point is it's not worth it to try and go 14-3 and get home field and meanwhile everyone on your team is worn out or injured. Nobody remembers if the Patriots won the AFC East only that they won super bowls

During their dynasty run the Pats had it easy in the AFCE. The division was basically NE, Moe, Larry, Curly. They had the division clinched sometime in Oct/Nov almost every year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah I agree...it's been quite a while since AFCE was considered to be a strong, competitive division throughout. So much possible things can play out that can happen, but you're right it definitely seems that way on paper.

Really would be extra helpful if we can stay much more healthier this season.

As for the USA take, I don’t think the Bills, Jets and Dolphins will all finish just one game from the next highest place team. They actually have all AFC division leaders except JAX edging out the competition by a single win. Just don’t see that happening. 

On 7/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, Ya Digg? said:

If the Jags go 10-7 in that horrible division that will be a wildly unimpressive season. Looks like they think the Chargers are gonna Charger too

They were 9-8 (started 3-7) last year and their final 5 wins featured wins over houston, the jets, and titans x2.  Titans added hopkins, jags added ridley - i think the titans got the better player in that comparison.  They also lost games to Washington, Indianapolis, Denver, and Houston. 

Defensively they were 24th in yards and lost a pass rusher to FA.

Ridley, Kirk, Engram, and Etienne is a nice group though, and lawrence definitely looked more confident as the year wore on shaking off the Urban Meyer season.  They should win the division, and if Lawrence is better they should walk away with it pretty handily.  But they also draw KC and Buffalo as their non-common opponents with the rest of their division, the AFC north is never a cupcake, and their defense is not very good at all.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.