Bills sign a CB, release a CB (now the title is grammatically correct)

Draconator

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Everyone is competing with everyone at CB.  I don't think you can even say that Tre White is a lock to be starting, if he is still playing like he did at the end of last season.  (hopefully he is close to his old form this year)  The best guys should make the final roster and see the field at every position.  It should not matter where they are drafted.  

Fair. White was a shell of himself when he returned. Elam was benched or starting on any given Sunday. It’s become clear Jackson isn’t fit for a featured role. Upside signings like this can only benefit the roster at this point.

5 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah. I don't know if that's what this is. They upgraded CB7 by swapping McMichael for Dantzler - now he's competing for a chance at the 53 man roster. 

Camreon Dantzler is competing with Siran Neal, Cam Lewis, Alex Austin and Ja'Marcus Ingram. He's not competing with Kaiir Elam. 

STARTERS

Tre White

Kaiir Elam

Taron Johnson

BACKUPS

Christian Benford

Dane Jackson

Based on what they are saying on practice performance, it doesn't seem like Elam is a lock to start.  He is imo the best out of everyone not named Tre. 

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Fair. White was a shell of himself when he returned. Elam was benched or starting on any given Sunday. It’s become clear Jackson isn’t fit for a featured role. Upside signings like this can only benefit the roster at this point.

Yeah he got pulled around somewhere about mid season or so I think it may have been, but I don't know how you felt about him toward last of season, to me he looked as if he improved quite well 

There was talk today from a reported who said they think McD is going to try to run more formations with only one LB and an extra S or DB.  That might make sense and I'm honestly better with that than musical chairs at MLB.  

While this might open us up against the run game, we've spend so much damn draft capital and FA money on the DL, that they better be able to hold their own a little.  And honestly, I think a SS (Rapp/Poyer) can tackle as well as Edmunds "please push me back 5 yards".  

1 hour ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah he got pulled around somewhere about mid season or so I think it may have been, but I don't know how you felt about him toward last of season, to me he looked as if he improved quite well 

Yeah, it seemed like Elam solidified moreso by the end of the season.  Benford is the real question mark to me, as in where they will play him this season.  

Also, please never change your avatar

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Excellent breakdown of Danzler by Cover1 guys. 

The kid shows some talent, granted it’s a highlight reel, the question is will he be used to his strengths, I’m not certain Elam was used to his strengths, even with his three interceptions in his rookie year, I don’t think he was on the field as much as he should have been, jmo. Good signing by Beane, competition is always good. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There was talk today from a reported who said they think McD is going to try to run more formations with only one LB and an extra S or DB.  That might make sense and I'm honestly better with that than musical chairs at MLB.  

While this might open us up against the run game, we've spend so much damn draft capital and FA money on the DL, that they better be able to hold their own a little.  And honestly, I think a SS (Rapp/Poyer) can tackle as well as Edmunds "please push me back 5 yards".  

Yeah, it seemed like Elam solidified moreso by the end of the season.  Benford is the real question mark to me, as in where they will play him this season.  

I think I just took Elam a while because he is so used to being oppressed man corner and is switching over to a zone

It never hurts to keep putting talent in the room

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Agree with you regarding Elam, as for Benford I think he will play in the same way he was. I don't see him getting moved unless it's an absolute emergency and not much choice. He had an encouraging rookie year and is learning the position still. I just think they wouldn't put him somewhere else this early that he has to learn until seeing more of what he can do in the position he's at.

And I don't plan on changing the avatar lol

On 6/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, KingBoots8 said:

I like this signing. He played pretty well and was a 3rd round pick for the Vikings. Started 26/35 games, so he has good experience. He certainly had a shot to crack the 53 

Wowsers, sounds promising and at least kicking the can to see what is inside!

2 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

A little upgrade here, a little upgrade there, and BOOM, before you know it - Super Bowl victory.  Now Beane needs to find a way to sign D-Hop!

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.ecff60a9e0a98728b894610ee248d25a.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
90% won't know these two...😕

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

White
Elam

Taron

Dantzler
Benford

Jackson
Austin
Neal

How many CB's are we keeping? Usually 6? 

With our base nickel,  Neal's role on ST after Taiwan Jones, and the rumor of McDermott running single LB formations, I could well imagine seven DBs this season.

I’m surprised to see a guy with this much starting experience and with pretty high quality tape out there at this point on the cheap.  This could be a really good addition.  Maybe there’s something we aren’t aware of, but looks like a great signing on the surface.

On 6/7/2023 at 6:28 AM, wppete said:

I like this signing. Plays similar to Levi Wallace. Hopefully this workouts out as our #4 CB  and Cristian Benford moves to Safety and Nickle CB backup. We now have 4 solid Safetys if this happens. 

Levi Wallace don't like to get f*cked by anybody but Mrs. Wallace.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.