2023 season predictions

bills6969

Ok,  it’s Memorial Day weekend which marks the beginning of my itch for football season to start.  As such,  here is my prediction with how the 2023 season will play out:

@Jets - L 

Raiders - W

@Commanders - W

Fish - W

Jags (London) - W

Gmen - W

@Pats - W

Bucs - W

@Bengals - L

Broncos - W

Jets - W

@Eagles - L

@Chiefs - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

Pats - W 

@Fish - L

11-6

AFC East:

Jets

Bills

Fish

Pats

AFC North

Bengals

Ravens

Steelers

Browns

AFC South

Jags

Titans

Texans

Colts

AFC West

Chiefs

Chargers

Broncos

Raiders

NFC East

Eagles

Giants

Cowboys

Commanders

NFC North

Lions

Bears

Vikings

Packers

NFC South

Saints

Panthers

Bucs

Falcons

NFC West

Niners

Rams

Seahawks

Cardinals

Wildcard

AFC

Bills

Chargers

Ravens

NFC

Giants

Cowboys

Bears

Playoffs:

AFC

1. Chiefs

2. Jets

3. Bengals

4. Jags

5. Bills

6. Chargers

7. Ravens

Bills over Jags

Bengals over Chargers

Jets over Ravens

Bills over Chiefs

Jets over Bengals

AFCG:  Bills over Jets

NFC

1. Niners

2. Eagles

3. Lions

4. Saints

5. Giants

6. Cowboys

7. Bears

Giants over Saints

Lions over Cowboys

Eagles over Bears

Niners over Giants

Eagles over Lions

NFCG: Niners over Eagles

Super Bowl LVIII:

BILLS OVER NINERS

MVP: JOSH ALLEN

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So you have us losing to every good team, and every road division game aside from the Pats, but then going on to win the Super Bowl?  How do we win 4 straight playoff games after losing to every tough opponent in the regular season?

• Like (+1) 2

I always look at momentum. In this prediction the Bills would limp into the playoffs having won only two of the last six games in other words more or less just twice in the final two months. So while I love the optimism, it’s really hard to turn the winning momentum back on come playoff time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I always look at momentum. In this prediction the Bills would limp into the playoffs having won only two of the last six games in other words more or less just twice in the final two months. So while I love the optimism, it’s really hard to turn the winning momentum back on come playoff time. 

I actually feel that the term "momentum" is way overused (no offense to you personally).  It is really a "catch all" term to describe recent success a team has had "within game" or across games. But what does it really mean?  It's basically saying that the most recent results are the best predictors of the next results.  And when TV analysts say there's been a shift in momentum, they're just saying a big play or plays occurred which changed the fortunes of the teams!  Rant over - I guess that word is just a pet peeve of mine!  Carry on . . .

Edited by TheWei44

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Three absolutes:

Bills will lose and look flat in a game they should have no problems winning.

Bills will dominate in a game that should be much closer.

TSW will lose its collective mind in every instance of the latter two items.

😁

Fourth absolute- the online collective of Bills haters will forever try to hold point 1 against us while moving the goalposts whenever point 2 is brought up to counter it.

21 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bills will go 13 - 4

Win the AFC East by at least 2 games

Lose to the Bengals in the AFC Championship game.

This is closer to where I am. I still expect the Bills to win 12 or 13 games in the regular season, though I get it's a tough schedule. I think they'll win the East. I'm not sure I think they'll win the Superbowl but I do think we might see some of our younger players break out this year so that we are not looking at the roster and saying "hmm the risk here is our best players start ageing out". 

• Like (+1) 1

One team that is getting overlooked is the Browns. I know Watson is a POS for all of the off-field stuff but he is one of the most talented QB's in the game. Now that he has had a year to shake off the rust I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to regain his old form. Their roster is pretty solid so I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge the Bengals and Ravens for the North. If I am the Browns, I would look to reunite Hopkins with Watson from their Texans days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.