Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

6 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

You somehow know everything. You are also sure he's getting caught again too 

I don’t know everything.  Nobody does.  For instance you should look up the meaning of the word “if” which I used in my last post.

Zombie thread on steroids, it’s unstoppable 🤣

11 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

The Patriots hasn't offer him what he is looking for either. No teams has. It's already been reported of the two teams, especially the Patriots they are not in a rush for him to make a decision.

Barring any major Injury to another teams wide out group. It's between Tenn n NE.

If no team has offered what he is looking for, then why is it only between the Titans and Patriots. Those are the 2 teams with by far the worst QB situations

Edited by Buffalo03

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If no team has offered what he is looking for, then why is it only between the Titans and Patriots. Those are the 2 teams with by far the worst QB situations

Does Hopkins care about the QB or the money more at this stage in his career.   I think its money

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Does Hopkins care about the QB or the money more at this stage in his career.   I think its money

The point is, I don't think he is getting offered what he wants by those teams either. And of that's the case, it shouldn't be between them 2 teams at all

42 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Cause he wants to play overall..he can sign a 1 year deal,  ball out and get what he wants next year.

This has been the same for years. A player says what he wants, he doesn't get it, then he goes to the next step, take what's out there in hope of trying again in free agency next year.

Again..no other team is offering him anything. If someone goes down. Then he is in business.

Right now only the pats, titans n chiefs have kept in talks w him. The chiefs do not have the money that's why they haven't offer him anythin, but they are still in talks w him.

Ik for sure BB already said he would sign Dhop, but only 9n his(BB) terms and also there is a understanding there is no rush for him to sign w anyone, but he left on good terms w everyone he has visited.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Recently released?  What?  Guy only wants bank, doesn't want training camp, and doesn't care about learning a playbook in advance.  Buh bye!

Edited by Irv

23 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Couple of thoughts

- I am willing to give players leeway in the off season to recuperate body and mind so his golfing and dating doesn't particularly concern me. But yes, there are a LOT of hours in a day and he can do the above while still honing his skills and practicing with his key receivers. I don't have information one way or another if he is doing it this off-season

- undoubtedly adding more talent wont hurt. In the case of Hopkins, despite the concerns, he is a piece at a position of need where we should take a risk. The downside is not awful and at worst we are status quo. In the drought years, I wouldn't have advocated this move but we need to add any piece which provides that little advantage over the Chiefs and Bengals of the world

Whether fans or media give him the leeway to put football on the back burner all offseason or not.......once a franchise QB gets that bag they are going to do whatever they want and as an organization you need to adjust to THAT.   That was my point with the Roethlisberger reference.   The Steelers organization had to work around what Big Ben was willing to do and they won a second SB with Ben and reached a third because they didn't neglect his supporting cast.    I do think that our boy has lost that chip on his shoulder though.   I think that fell off in the 13 seconds game where he played so great in defeat.   He's gone from a football-centric guy striving to become a more efficient passer in the offseasons to a guy with a whole lotta' low level off-field noise.  Which is very early 2010's Aaron Rodgers-esque.    The Packers did not adjust and they didn't win another SB.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well said and the prevailing wisdom is Hop’s agent is driving up the $ expecting to get it up a bit with a. Contender so in essence using the Tiny Titans and Cheats as pawns.

The Browns could’ve been a thought, but they have some upcoming rising stars so their beat writers are reporting they are out.

Im guessing a 20% chance at best, but would happen in week 1 of training camp or right before.  

He is basically telling teams if you do not sign me I will sign with one of your competitors (Buffalo, New Jersey or Jacksonville) and while they may not make playoffs they might be able to steal a game with my help hurting your playoff standings.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Whether fans or media give him the leeway to put football on the back burner all offseason or not.......once a franchise QB gets that bag they are going to do whatever they want and as an organization you need to adjust to THAT.   That was my point with the Roethlisberger reference.   The Steelers organization had to work around what Big Ben was willing to do and they won a second SB with Ben and reached a third because they didn't neglect his supporting cast.    I do think that our boy has lost that chip on his shoulder though.   I think that fell off in the 13 seconds game where he played so great in defeat.   He's gone from a football-centric guy striving to become a more efficient passer in the offseasons to a guy with a whole lotta' low level off-field noise.  Which is very early 2010's Aaron Rodgers-esque.    The Packers did not adjust and they didn't win another SB.     

Your concerns are fair. I am certainly interested in how he performs this season with better blocking, a presumed higher importance to the run game and addition of Kincaid. The team also loaded up on volume of WR between FA and the draft. If we hit on even one of those, the skill talent will be one of the best Allen has had. I hope he hasn't lost that edge and the relentless drive to win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.