Von Miller prediction thread-when will he return to the lineup?

TBBills Fan

When will Von be back in the lineup?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. When will Von be back in the lineup?

• Week 1-@ NYJ
    • Week 2-Raiders
    • Week 3- @ Wash
    • Week 4-Dolphins
    • Week 5- Jags (London)
    • Week 6- NY Giants
    • Week 7- @ NE
    • Week 8- Tampa Bay
    • Week 9- @ Cincy
    • Week 10- Broncos
    • Week 11- NYJ
    • Week 12-@ Philly
    • Week 14- @ KC
    • Week 15-Dallas
    • Week 16- @ LA Chargers
    • Week 17- NE
    • Week 18- @ Miami

On 8/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, JaCrispy said:

I predict week 7 against the Pats…

He’ll likely be on PUP to start the year…That’s 4 weeks that he won’t be able to practice…

Once off PUP, if I’m not mistaken, I believe he has 21 days to be activated…If the Bills use the full 3 weeks post- PUP to get him up to speed, it will be the end of October by the time he sees action…

This will give Von a full 11 months after the injury occurred…I would feel much more comfortable with that- and wouldn’t be surprised if the team felt the same, just to be sure for the playoff push…👍

That’s crispy, JaCrispy. I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sticking to my prediction of week 7…remember, he never had a training camp, and hasn’t been practicing while on PUP, so might take a few more weeks to get into football shape…

Perhaps. By the same token, Chris Jones didn't have a TC

Didn't practice on a field. Stepped right in and was ready. 

Ow, granted the injury is a steeper slope to overcome, but in NFL players are in the top 1% condition wise I'd place a bet Von keeps himself in the top 1% of that 1%. In any event, I believe he'll be ready mich sooner then the timeline we saw with Tre White.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

Unless something changes with our defensive performance, I don’t see any reason to rush him back. I’m perfectly content with keeping him on PUP until week 8. Starting the 21 day window then and making him active with 4 or so weeks left in the season.

We need him for the playoff run.

• Agree 1

If the docs say he's ready and he feels he can play without thinking about it too much, you play him.  If that's next week, then play him.  If that's the Giants game, play him.  If it's after that, fine.  But when he is fully cleared and he can get passed the mental hurdles, then let him go.  You want to ease him in and only have him playing in passing situations, that's fine.  When he's ready, you let him loose.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I would like to bring him back Week 12 vs the Eagles, ramp him up and have him hopefully 100% for the post season run. 

We need him in January

Maybe not that late, but I agree that they should wait until at least week 8-9. A fresh Von Miller would put Buffalo up there w/ the 49ers in terms of pure talent on defense. This is all assuming we are sitting pretty in the standings. The Bills might need Von earlier if they are losing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, coming right off PUP and playing in London with no practice is straight up not happening, so that's out.  Week 6 vs NYG is also unlikely since the London travel will make the practice schedule wonky.  I can see him getting his practice reps weeks 7 and 8 but not playing yet, since we play "lesser" teams those weeks.

So week 9 at Cincy is my bet.

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Unless something changes with our defensive performance, I don’t see any reason to rush him back. I’m perfectly content with keeping him on PUP until week 8. Starting the 21 day window then and making him active with 4 or so weeks left in the season.

We need him for the playoff run.

Nobody is rushing him. It's insane to have him sit for 10 weeks if he's healthy. This happens with every injury, some fans always want to sit the player for weeks after they're ready... to be safe. If he's ready, he plays.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's insane to have him sit for 10 weeks if he's healthy. 

Is it?

I disagree.

Forget injury for a moment. Think about freshness alone. You don’t see the benefit of our 34 year old pass rusher having less wear and tear from the season on him when he enters the playoffs?

When ever it will be he will just add to how good this D will be & it's pretty dam good with out him so i think it will be pretty scary with him & the others .

It's just to bad that McD is so incompetent when it comes to being a HC can we only imagine if he was worth a S**T at what he does ?? 

• Like (+1) 1

Id guess Giants game. He can't practice until off pup and London is a short week so I think he will practice that week to start getting back in football shape but wont play until following week.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I just came here to post this as I just watched it.  Was a pretty cool watch.  Von puts his personal life out there.  It was weird that it seems like his agent kinda makes the decision.  Thats probably normal but still seems weird to me.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.