Frazier Permanently Gone?

Leslie Frazier isn’t coming back nor should we want him back with the Buffalo Bills. Sean McDermott will be potentially joining him on the unemployment line if he doesn’t move the Buffalo Bills forward in the playoffs one and done or worse bye, bye Sean McDermott he should be fired also in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

It sounds like, as some surmised, that Frazier is out permanently:

The NFL released a memo on Wednesday listing the 40 participants of the league’s 2023 coach accelerator program May 21-23.

Leslie Frazier’s name was included in the memo, however, he was one of three head-coaching hopefuls (along with Pep Hamilton and Kris Richard) to not have a team affiliation next to his name.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/does-leslie-frazier-s-latest-venture-hint-he-won-t-return-to-bills-in-2024/ar-AA1bkG6e?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b643a44bc2294b33ae7f8a3b6dd8b453&ei=44

Uh…yeah. There was zero chance he was ever returning. Come on man.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I wonder if there was 1 year left on his contract and the team offered to pay him to take the year off.

Either way, there was no coming back from this.

B9-DCBCF8-561-F-4-C84-8912-3367-E107-D3-

I mean what can go wrong in that situation? Not like there is only 13 seconds left 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, eball said:

No, but the Pats*** do. 

@Ridgewaycynic2013is hopeful busy smashing the abacus 🧮 on this to report back as we speak 🙌

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

It sounds like, as some surmised, that Frazier is out permanently:

The NFL released a memo on Wednesday listing the 40 participants of the league’s 2023 coach accelerator program May 21-23.

Leslie Frazier’s name was included in the memo, however, he was one of three head-coaching hopefuls (along with Pep Hamilton and Kris Richard) to not have a team affiliation next to his name.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/does-leslie-frazier-s-latest-venture-hint-he-won-t-return-to-bills-in-2024/ar-AA1bkG6e?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b643a44bc2294b33ae7f8a3b6dd8b453&ei=44

Seems like a great guy and all, but…giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95285b6561e63e0c51248

• Haha (+1) 1

Yes, Frazier is permanently gone, 

It is amusing that anyone thought he had not been fired from his job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

his soft and refusal to press coverage was infuriating, esp. with Elam who is good in press coverage.  

Let's see what McD does with this D. He has a big reputation and he better deliver. If not  there has to be that conversation next year. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I wonder if there was 1 year left on his contract and the team offered to pay him to take the year off.

This is cover 0, the most aggressive call in the defensive playbook. Wrong time for it, maybe, but too many fans pretend this was a soft playcall 

The reason you don't press with zero is there's no help and one mediocre double move from the 4 WRs who are all faster than their defenders gives burrow 4 wide open guys to choose from

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I can’t believe anyone really thought he was coming back.

His departure was so weird and mysterious that I kept an open mind.   Was this a soft termination?  Or maybe he had a private family issue to take care of and was only taking a leave of absence?  

My mind is less open now.  If I had to take a SWAG, I'd say McD was generally happy with Frazier's preparations throughout the week but not happy with his predictable, cautious play-calling.  McD decided that he'd do the play-calling in 2023.  The two men talked it out at the end of the season and Frazier didn't want to continue in a diminished capacity.  And this is what they come up with.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

ah yes. I remember yelling at the tv at this play wondering what the ***** was going on.

I still dont blame Frazier for the loss though and Im still not completely on board with his LOA. 

1 hour ago, arcane said:

This is cover 0, the most aggressive call in the defensive playbook. Wrong time for it, maybe, but too many fans pretend this was a soft playcall 

The reason you don't press with zero is there's no help

At midfield, yes. Not at the 7 yard line. There is not much room for the defender to even run past the DB in this part of the field (unless it’s a pylon throw or slot middle). 

The right call is to play press man and force Burrow to hold onto the ball a second longer. The play call they chose, gift wrapped a first down for Cinci. 

And the Bills agree with me. How do I know?

Well, not much later in the game, the Bills defense were in almost exactly the same position. This time it was 3rd and 5 instead of 3rd and 4. And it was also in the red zone.

In almost the exact same situation, the Bills played cover 0 again (or maybe it was cover 1?), but this time with press man. Any guesses as to what happened?

Burrow had to hold the ball longer, waiting for his receivers to get separation. In doing so, he got hit by Ed Oliver, and barely was able to throw the ball away.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Leslie is not coming back. He chose to walk away from the final year of his Bills contract, take a year off and then he will take what presumably will be his last NFL job. I suspect that will be as a DC on a team with a new first time offensive minded head coach. And you know what? He will have a good defense. Because Leslie Frazier is a good football coach. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.